yak w/o v stab

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tigrou, Jan 31, 2005.

1. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

hi, pls look at this:
    yak in low cissors w/o v stab :/

Attached Files:

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Didnt you know russia made the best planes of the war? ::coughs:: ::nose grows a few feet::

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I knew

4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Yak1 dont have much directional stability with the stabilizer, why should losing it make perfromance deteriorate?

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

The verticle stab is what keeps the tailcutting smooth. hence "VERTICLE STABILIZER!" Missing your whole stab is a vital part of staying in the air.

It especially pisses people off cause "especially jap planes" loose their vstab very easy and then loose all control.

6. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

You won't believe, but once upon a time I was trying to do a hammerhead with 109T under spraying fire. Spinned, recovered, understanding nothing, recovered speed and directional flight, tried once more -- again leaf descend, again recovered... Only then I understood that the whole vstab is missing :D In the heat of fight I just missed that moment. Some planes have been modelled so weird here: many of them may fly with a missing wing and land safely. More of that, Ju-87, F3F, F4F stay under full control without hstab at all (!!!). You may add Yak/vstab to those artefacts, I guess.

7. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

IMHO Typhoon remains in good control with no stab. But its been awhile since Ive flied late war red.

8. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

:) in yak if you lose vert u just get your nose down and speed up and she becomes about as stable as a i16 tring to land. bizzy wrk but not really that hard. acculy also saved it from flat spin no vert twice this tod. since gunstat always seems to scroll missing parts up so u never see it. and try to turn back on the one who blew it off.

9. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Gryphon, you admit in other forums that the i153 is uber, and that it needs change, yet you still fly it with what seems no remorse.........its kinda hard to respect anything you say since I cant tell your ass from your face when youd be that low to knowingly fly such a plane.

10. gryphon

cc i do fly it from time to time.
    ussaly to brk a vulch were planes are getting shot on runway.
    somtimes when bored.
    this tod ive tried it as jabo, and couldnt hit shit. i hate russin rockets.
    i also ussed it other night when i got pissed off because 109f4 out turned out climbed and out ran any plane i flew. even bounced one from alt at high speed and couldnt zoom away fucker followed me up, already on a steep climb to begine with sprayed, made me turn and was over the p39 that dropped 3000 feet on him in steep climb in first place. proceded to try to turn fight him and was ither red or black the whole time. taking ammo and finding him dead d2-3 my 6 the few accul times i eased off enogh to see. seem he had no problem following me at same speed theew same turns yet could see.

take a diving 109f4 up into a vert stall thow and thell follow u trew a 100mph hmmerhead and have full aim. so i got pissed took a i15 to 19 and proceded to kill every damn ju i could find. was accully funny that 1 i15 kept cons from rolling 19 the whole time i was there.

11. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Because they knew you would just stir so they couldnt hit you? You cant take away that your flying an uber plane and using it full knowing that your flying a menace.....That just shows really poor quality in your thought process.

12. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I hate to get this thread off-topic, but I feel it has already been derailed some. I have about 8 hours of flight time for red this TOD already; I flew when the roster was terrible for the reds. While I was flying the Spit V, no 109 could compete with me. With the Spitfire's good turning ability, I could out-maneuver my opponent. Yes, out-maneuvering involved turning, but my strategy went far beyond just turning. I was able to out-strategize 109's with the maneuver capability of the Spitfire. So far this TOD I have probably been in a dozen one-on-one fights in a Spitfire against a 109. I have not lost any of them. On several occasions the golds needed to capture only one red field to win the war. With an outnumbered red force spread thin the golds were taking fields. With an outnumbered red force concentrated between two fields the golds were getting slaughtered. This was mostly due to the effectiveness of the Spitfire.

The situation got so bad for the golds, I decided to switch over to the gold side. Once I was ready to fly for gold I asked myself, bearing in mind the great success I achieved in the Spitfire, "What do I fly now?"

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

and you typed .hmack :D

14. gryphon

lmao broz :)