You have heard it all before...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hrtman, Jan 23, 2002.

1. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

-Pilots

You have heard it all before... [​IMG]

...but I thought that I'd bring it up one more time! ...but first a story. I went to work this morning (yes some of us work ;) )and it was June or July 1945 in "the game" I came home from work it was a NEW TOD.

Now, if you are a smart cookie, you know where this is going. I DON'T love the Jet (the me262 for you new guys) I prefer the 109s... but I like to fly it (the jet) every once in a while. Frankly, I find flying the Jet kinda bore-ing because to fly it "right" the sorties are long. But I do like something different!... and I have not been able to fly the jet online for months. I poke my head in the arena and check the time every once in a while but I miss the window because of WORK or SLEEP or whatever.

Bottom line... extend the jet time to a minimum of 24 real life hours (so that people who have jobs or [​IMG] sleep can fly it) ... but more realistically (although realizm only seems to matter here sometimes when is suits certain people [​IMG] ) move the time to the 1944.

I don't expect it to happen... it would make too much sense. :p

Check your 6 I'll be back on-line soon. [​IMG]

-hrtman

PS. I've been gone for a while from free host... I've been in the shop building a warbird. Want to fly it? Get a private pilot lic. [​IMG] get certified in high performance aircraft and come take it for a spin when I'm done. :D

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

2. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I did it! I've flown the 262 !!! Finally got it! :D

Last time I flew it was about 6 months ago.

3. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

Whatcha building hrtman? Got pictures to post? I'm curious......

Lem

4. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

Just wait till I get $5000 and pay for my private pilot's and i'll be knockin at your door! I don't expect it to happen soon though. Us 16-year-olds don't have much of an income... especially the slacker ones!

Sooner or later though :)
    what is it you're building?

5. dulux-

dulux- Well-Known Member

what ya building?? would you be nice and post pics :D would love to see it

6. Queequeg

Queequeg Active Member

I like a change too and though I usually fly for Gold, as soon as the 262 comes around I am forced to fly for Red if I want any fun. All those whimsical pilots flying for Gold just for the sake of the jet and unbalancing the end of the war and making it boring and uninteresting for the rest of us. What would happen if we were all like this? An only Gold arena, that would. I don't know if the solution is to extend or not the time 262 is on, but it is like much of the arguing about changing this or that in FH: it would be unnecessary if those pilots thought of the rest and the game as a whole. If you want to try the 262 and don't mind at all the quality of the enviroment, go fly it offline.

Queequeg

[ 23 January 2002: Message edited by: Queequeg ]

7. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Didn't fly the Me262, but my brother did :)
    I did fly for red the time the me262 was available and for sure that is a Serial Killer!
    Lucky for the world the germans didn't fly the Me262 in that large numbers as they where flying in FH.
    Maybe there should be an limit of Me262 that could be in the air. Alltough i could hit 1 Me262, i was shot down several times. Simply because those guys are quick! I was watching over my shoulders every second, but if i saw the one comming i got shot. (ok..managed to turn away many times too) :)

Me262 is delivering last high points scores in FH for gold players... fair?