Young scientists roll pumpkins against the Ignorance

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, Oct 3, 2007.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Doesnt make that much sense translated in English, but it is brilliant!

[​IMG]

a pumpkin (tikva) in bulgarian is offensive word for an idiotic or uneducated person. "rolling bread, etc. against bad fortune" are folkloric rituals coming since pagan times

[​IMG]

school teachers and university professors have been on general strike for a few weeks now, demonstrating against the goverment's lack of interest and support to the situation of Education

[​IMG]

An interviewee: "We want to roll the pumpkins out of ourselves, out of the Government, and out of the nation [the State]. Bulgaria is the nation in Europe with the most 'pumpkin' management of Science!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A "hi-tech" tikva was presented and rolled by Physicists from BAS [Bulgarian Academy of Sciences] -
    "It symbolises the lauded attitude of the Bulgarian governments from all the Transition Years toward the production of Hi-Tech workforce"

[​IMG]

On the sign is written "Ministry of Education warns you: doing Science leads to chronic poverty"

[​IMG]

they should have done this dressed in lab coats! :@prayer:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

A local joke:
    A man meets his school teacher 15 years later walking on the street.
    "Good afternoon, Mrs.! [the form of address to teachers is Mr. and Miss/Mrs.] Do you remember me, I was your student, quite a hooligan then...", etc.
    "Ooh, little Ivan, what a lad you have become! How did you recognise me after so many years!?"
    "By your coat, Mrs.!"

3. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Don't quit yer day job.