OT: The best

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Broz, Jun 14, 2005.

?

Best pilot?

1. Duriel (109 and Spits mainly)

36.8%
  2. Vadim (190 / p39 as -salo-)

7.9%
  3. Kilbee/Spuint (All)

13.2%
  4. Ada (Yak)

15.8%
  5. Thug (p39)

47.4%
  6. Mart (p39)

7.9%
  7. Badmad (Beaufighter)

5.3%
  8. Jefim (p39 and 109 IIRC)

21.1%
  9. Broz (flying fart)

10.5%
  10. Another (let us know his qualities)

39.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

@allsop: cc, maybe he can get kills in those planes, but can he rtb? If he can't, he's not a good pilot, but a good quaker :)

@kazan: Good choose :)

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

When I fly with him he usually makes it out alive while I dont. He has patience and and good forsight in how a fight will take place while I just hope the advantages I have can save my ass along with a few trick moves.

I have the feeling no good pilot can be seen in broz eyes unless its a stick jerking f4u or spit pilot. I stand by my decision, squirl is a far better pilot than half the people listed in the poll.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

The statistics available on the scorepages dont bear testament to your claims Allsop.

4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

I get shot down by all, so I'll abstain from voting for the best pilot. But I will nominate myself as the worst pilot :super:

(Must admit I has happy to kill Broz from an hmack a few days ago, but I think he was pissed about that. :D )

5. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    It is not easy to do better than I am doing in the Ki-61 right now. By the way, scorepages are not a good indicator of pilot ability. I have seen many skilled pilots with bad records because they fly the wrong planes or do too many field attack missions and get killed by ack.

6. geobrt

geobrt Well-Known Member

I nominated myself long time before you ( -> my signature ) :)
    I do not give you big changes in this competition :p

7. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

OK, I remember it :)

Damn you to hell, lol :)

Tomorrow I must check the stats to see who is the worst :)

8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

IMHO, by-tor is #1 and cobraj a close #2 by-tor was just a pure evil as a turn and burner and usually against multiple foes of various abilities. but the same goes for cobraj but in my opinion old byt was a smarter fighters while cobraj threw caution to the wind. by-tor did alot of his fighting in the P-40, Spit (any version) and f4f/f6f back when they were modelled right. of course this is going back a few launchers before things got screwed up. I might even be inclined to throw scooby in in his p-38 when it was decent and even ron-in in his yak9/3 prior to 1.63 and even jacobe in a spitfire, heck even cu-pal/kuy-ya in the f4f many many moons ago was awesome too. perhaps --jj--, --bf--, zxszxs deserve cudos as well. Axis side hmm, perhaps a pilot named boar, or jagd,badgr,sea of course fuhrer and odi in the ki-43 long time ago. as for boom and zoom jochen and illo where always tough. I don't know so many come to mind and sorry if i failed to mention but I would put my money on old by-tor any day 1 on 1 in pretty much any aircraft. <S> nice thread broz.

bullet

9. thug

thug Well-Known Member

I would say "The Best" are the pilots who are true fighters and gentlemen. They are the guys that will fly alone into a fight against 3 cons, and fight to the finish with out stick stirring warp rolling or gaming the game, and here's the clincher................with-out complaining or bitching and moaning. Or in some cases actually being positive on channel 100. Score means jack shit to me, I just love to see a guy who is at a total disadvantage fight his ass off and mabye kill a dude before he gets pulverized.

If there is one thing FH has taught me, it is that no matter how bad the situation looks you can survive by fighting, not running, just don't HO.

These guys are "the best" guys to fight,
    My "true fighter" list:

thefox
    thefly
    olbdey
    rueben
    helrza
    zeke-w
    -gelo-
    -ada--
    -glas-

I see a lot of "good" pilots around, many with bad attitudes and more that just frigging run. There are some really great guys I fly with, like broz and and jfm aka jefim- but I can't rate you guys, I haven't fought you yet;)
    From time to time I like to dust off the old a6m3 so I'll let you know.

You are not your job
    You are not how much money you have in the bank
    You're not your car
    You're not the contents of your wallet
    You're not you're fucking FH score!!
    (for all you fight club fans)

1 person likes this.
  10. Flubby

Flubby Well-Known Member

You know denis- ?

He was imho the best fighter pilot. Made a streak of >250 and when i met him my only chance was to withdraw the fight, before he decided to kill me ;). He often flew alone but there was no difference wether you where 1,2,3 cons with E and alt advantage ;). And he was a gentlemen. Never heard something bad from him. He alway was very helpful, if you wanted to know how he managed it to kill you, he gave you very helpful answers. Unfortunately he left the game almost 5 years ago.

Cu Flubby

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Well, duriel is listed with all planes, same as kilbee, and vadim, so i think i can see good players apart those "stick jerkers" you always talk about. Anyhow, vote. That's all i can say (tho i disagree with your vote)
    Lol, no way. The only problem was that i had a 109 in my sight, d2, d1'9, d1'8, d1'7 BOOM!! pk from your jeep with 1x25 :D But, what the hell, was just luck (bad for me, good for you ;))
    Wow, new record in arrogance reached. WTG

@bizerk: cc about by-tor, but too bad he's retired from long time now, and that's why he never came to my mind. However, he had a tendency to die quite often :) and that's why my vote went to duriel and kilbee, because they are sportsmen and skilled to kill many cons by sortie, and rtb safely. That's what counts for me (specially sportsmanship, and i must say by-tor is Nº1 :))

@thug: You say my value scale here: "I would say "The Best" are the pilots who are true fighters and gentlemen" <S> to you for your attitude at MA. I wouldn't have been able to stand so many accussations :)

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ squirl: I never disputed the plane that you flew, only Allsop's assertion that you make it back almost all the time.

Btw the Ki-61 aint a bad plane. Not great fire power, but ive known people (nicaee, and one or two others) who were absolute demons in that plane, so I dont think it is as bad as you are making out.

13. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

@-thug-,

Thank you for the praise. :)
    Since I am still not good enough to win / don't know when to quit(ehehehee ) I tend to be downed a lot ...
    If I get downed by a pilot who does amazing things to accomplish it, I quite often compliment his moves / shooting.
    To me it's the thing to do, but if I get PK'ed by 1x20... it's somewhat different.

I have not voted, because I haven't properly fought all of the "votable" guys...
    duriel and kilbee (and even -broz- with 37mm) are all pilots I usually get downed by, though...
    and -thug-, and mart and badmad and... well, you know. :D

14. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

Hmm..

IMHO bullet and tigrao should be in that list!

:cheers:

15. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

And Lambrusco too!

16. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Past/present tense makes all the difference here. The Ki-61 might have once been a good plane but...
    ...flying the most über plane available.

I don't mean to be bitter, Broz, but listing the planes which people fly defeats the purpose of rating the pilot.

...and don't claim that "it's the pilot who makes the plane, not the other way around," because most of your people on the list fly only one plane - for good reason.

17. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

well, to say who is the best is dificult by several reasons, but the main is that the skills of pilots of the server has been improved from the first days

the only i can say is of whom i learned:

- flying like wingman: spuint, manoce, ppappy
    - close combat: --dl-- , kharn, mart, gossie
    - but the step of newbie to average pilot was thanks to illo, i still remember when i saw him near a big enemy base with cons, he was low while i was high, i told him by chat that he was too low and he answered me that doesnt matter, im fast....there i understood the key of wb

also i would write nicks of good pilots in dozens and dozens of pages

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  18. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Broz isnt the brightest guy i have ever seen post in WB. But a heads up- like squirl said

SCORE PAGES ARE A HORRIBLE BASES FOR GOOD PILOTS.

If we went off what the pages told us, torsti and other members of "insert coin" would be the best pilots because of their insainly high streaks- but then for those of us who actually are online with them we know alot of those kills are in hmacks.

The ki61 used to be a good plane, anymore it is horrible, bad armor, slow speed, turns like a slug.

Pilots like bullet and thug on the list!? bullshit. Stick stirrirs in an already uber plane spraying running and pulling some of the cheapest shit I have ever seen. I cant count how many times I have dropped in behind them and just awaited the micro warps and the violent jerking manoovers fallowed by d8 spraying that usually turns out to get a vital control......

Purely by looking at the majority of pilots on the poll's list I can see the cock sucking aliance from a mile away. So whatever you say man.

19. -ada--

-ada-- FH Beta Tester

Ivaniv, Mart, Thug, Kopi.

20. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

lol allsop, if I ever return I will fly straight and slow for you so you can hit me. seriously you know i have mostly flown as a solo fighter because I preffered it that way. But in no way am I a stick stirrer, a timely defensive barrel roll or use of a better turning aircraft to throw your aim off isn't stick stirring putz. Now go buy some cigerettes and try and be cool, and see if the big kids will let you hang with them lol 17 and man of the world already lolol.

Anyhow thanks for the nomination ricedd/xiru but I aint what I used to be but i had to try and do the best I could with well what was given but imho things were bettermore then a few launchers back. On tigrao, well yes i'll say surei'll toss a vote his way. I remember when he was just a head on fighter pilot, but when 202 was introduced he learned to be bold because that plane was insane when first introduced and he carried what he learned from it on to other planes :). You have come quite along way too ricedd and your bud vibora ( mine too ) i think turbo, helrza, sinful, dankes, oleg, sea, lite,dot, dance (R.I.P.) ramsey, blue, viks, man i can mention so many the list goes on really hard to pin point really.

and yes ada too, If I recall correctly it was you in a 110 with 410 abilities (during testing) that had me scratching my head and then 410 came in next launcher update you stinker. Ah maybe i'll fly a sorties or two again, but i do hope many of the planes that have been talked about are fixed soon or made to be right in the next launcher. <S>

bullet