FHL1.64 bugs?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Feb 9, 2005.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

it will be a thread parallel to http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26075

i expect folks to post bug reports of 1.64

on-topic:
    ? spin stall charactersictics. at least planes with irrecoverable spin must be found. this theme is priority.
    ? flight model. speeds, climb, turn etc. documented.
    ? weapon kits. documented
    ? cockpits. lowest priority, but will be considered anyways.

malicious off-topic as thread sabotage
    ? damage model
    ? gameplay rules
    ? scoring
    ? cheat complaints
    ? balance complaints
    ? disabling guns of warpers

usual offtopic:
    ? everyting not listed above

i ain't going to moderate this thread, so keep it clear from offtopic and flames yourself.

should the topic be constructive, the more correct and quick fix-decision developers would take.

i suggest you to post as short but precise bug description as possible, without long preamble of irl bad life, current mood shades and verbose painting of combat situations with plenty of rhetorical questions.

if you posted spin/stall complaints in other threads, please repost them here.

hold on, folks. 1.65 on the way after 2 tours.

thank you.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  2. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

About stalls and spins, I flied 190A4 and Spit9, both are recoverable, Spit is much harder to do that or maybe it's somehow different than 190.

Anti-warper system works fine.

Scoring. Huh, I went into MA on other account to learn recovering at FW190. While I was climbinb Beaufighter jumped onto my 6, I done few maneouvers and chased him, then downed with only 20x20 (but not about it wanted tell). When I landed I got 4750 points. Usually at Streak 0 killling someone gives 4400 points, especially while Multi on FW190A4 wasn't 20, maybe 10 while I took off. FW190 planes are better scored ?

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

both spit lf 9c, spit f 9e?

4. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

okay i know this is only to be considered. but in fairness. p38s 6 view seems genrous to the bue fighters cocpit layout. as in bue fighter sees more 6 then it should imop. know idead what to use in its stead tho.

do 520- yak cockpit. Now this does work but insnot the mc202 6 vies just as bad. and woulnt the do 520 feal more freach with the freanch cockpit? just an idea, but seem 202 cockpit would be more fitting untill or is some one makes a do520 cockpit.

pe8---- are ottos supose to be gyro powered up and down like b17 turret, but human power(snap spring) like b17s waist gunners left and right?
    seems off to get turert movment up down and human gunner left and right. but then im not familure with rusain turets and maby the were like this poer vert and human aimed horizontaly? so this might not be bug. just odd fealling.

bue fighter and do520 both seem to fly simuler to as read about or as in bue fighter, the wahy it does in target raboul so no grippes about there flight models. i think they were nicly done. good job. ive not spent much time in origanal 1.63 fighter to report bug as yet. but did hear from a gold testing spin recover 190 that now spin recover is opsit then lasste release. he said he had to use rudder and push stick oposet of what he use to.

thats all i can report. good job on new planes.

5. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I cannot say because while i try FLY at TA i got message like that "MISC.BIN file not corresponding with ourserver. Please download from ..." Something like that. Main Arena works pretty fine, but no Spit9LF available to test.

BTW I have 1.64 from first release, just when first players downloaded it. Maybe like 1.63 it was changed and new version of 1.64 is now ? 1.63 had 2 versions, older and little newer with some latest (at that time) bug fixed.

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

110g2 has a spin that is near unrecoverable.
    I tried at 5km when no cons came to the field I was "defending" (very easy job, F13 still gold :):):):):)). Tried both standard power on & power off stalls. Both times stall develoed into an immediate spin, no chance to hit rudder afer wing drop, no incipent phase of spin, just wings level to spinning crazy. Both time recevoery need full opposite rudder & outside engine off inside engine full power(i.e. right engine off in left turning spin). As a pilot with some ME time (none in 110g2 ;p), I can tell you that IRL one would never attempt asymetric thrust in a spin, it is begging to go flat (3 people were killed in ME flight training in AZ this way last summer), but in FH1.64 110g2, it does the trick.

What is the anti-warping feature?

7. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

if server detects you lagg.. aka warp for so many seconds main gun jams. if so many seconds past that all juns jam.

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

9. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I had something other on mind with 1.63. When I downloaded and installed it, admin went onto channel and told that 1.63 is corrupted or bugged and new version of 1.63 was available. But nevermind :)

Yesterday I heard on ch100 about useless 30mm cannon. Many people were flying with 4x30, 10x30, there were even stories about 27x30 in plane and it flied. But as now I don't see any posts about it, so maybe it was only joke :)

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

be it corrupted, it would be unusable. so "corrupted 1.63" is not "early 1.63". :)

laxtsc, keep commiting sabotage against the thread. other folks will be grateful to you.

now i quit.

it's still up to you wether the thread will be useful or usual flame.

i'll be back in this thread in three days.

11. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Spin characteristics
    D520 - spin almost unrecoverable. Recovered after cca 10-15 turns and if no hvy attention it goes immediately into sweepy contra spin. (Used usual way for recover - contra rudder, full-push, full throttle, no ailerons)

Flight model
    N1K1 - Autopilot on (cca 350km/h) - hvy shuddering, auto off - shuddering stops, but hvy torque on given side. Same shuddering/flattering in dive, in cca 600km/h wings blows up.

12. HanD_ZeD

HanD_ZeD Well-Known Member

I have tried spin on spit lf9 and i think it is unrecovable. I trien it only offline but on 20-30 tries i could recover only once with many techniques and both direction of rotations. I dont know if FM on MA and offline is the same.
    Similar was yak9 (not yak9d) i couldnt recouver from spit at any time on offline.

There is strange noise (like overspeed on flaps or gear) when ive reached high speed and high G turn on beautyfighter.

13. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

p47 spin in a irreal way and unrecoverable

14. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

how the stall is modeled in WB? is it depend of airfoil and CG pos?

15. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Generally i like new fm.Now planes are more real not some toys like they were erlier.But all planes should be able to recover and i found that tempest cant and 109 wthout one airolne cant too.
    What i dont like is that golds got busted with this relase. Wep of 190 is very short therefore almost useless. It ends after 3 mins and even spitfire can cath you. Thats one problem the other is damadge model. I flown mostly 109 and i always was killed from 2-5 20 mm hits. 3 hits from 20 into messer and its a flying cementary(once two 20 mm from tajf got my whole rear flusage). You cant turn becose somthing will fell of you cant run for same reson. So its really hard to fly golds. The bigest problem are spits. Fighting against them is really HARD even if oponent is an avrage pilot . Maybe they arent fast down low but their acceleration is very good, better then 190sor 109s so even though german planes are faster many times its imposible to run away. You cant just fly straight becouse any 20 mm hit will rouin your aircraft. And you defenetly cant turn with them. They are so agile that it makes me sick. I dont know how a spit 9 can be more agile then spit 5. I never,ever met with that kind of opinion. Probobly admins made it that way becouse of some calucations but i think that in this case they are wrong. And theres the f4u too. Its not as uber as spit but i think its better in fh then it should be. It was a fast aircraft but i doubt that it could accelerate better then 109. Secendly it turns just a little bit to good.
    My sq flys red but i made flight for golds as bebop-. At begining my ass was woped so hard i could bearly sit. The rooster was 2 to 1 for reds so that counts too but in all gold planes i felt downgraded. When i flown 109 g2 or g6 it wasnt so bad till some spit 9 jumped on me in this case i was domed for sure. Any manuvers i preformed where good only for a short periord of time. Sure a spit overshot me many times but then it just turned and got on my ass again. I couldnt run much couse he got to 500 km/h faster then i did, but when i managed to reach 520 i felt safe ( that hapend very seldom).190 where even worse. In 109 finally i lerned how to manuver so i wouldnt get hit (if you get hit your dead or you have to bail) and i found out that it was esier to run in 109 then in 190. Fokewulf was just a 3 min plane after that you coldnt do anything. No runing no turning just dying. Finaly when i got used to new stalls in 109 and rooster got better i preformed quite well in 109g2 but the major opinion stayed.

All pllanes are more or less balanced. They have their strong points and weak points but one exepcion is spitfire. Now it outturns anything, it gains on evrything it climbs good it dives good really theres not much to use against him.

So my advice is to downgrade spits agility so it would be a little bit worse then spit 5, little better then 109F4,G2,and that spit1,2,5,9 could not turn with ki 43 or zeke m2,m3. Also it would be nice that a wing or rear flusage could be destroyd with min 3 or 4 20 mm hits on any plane or at least most planes. I would like to know if 109 f2 was downgraded especially in turn time and raduis couse it could turn with spits and many other red fighters in 1.63 and thats far from real life.

16. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

strange, cause i took spit yesterday and couldn't do nothing :/ but i'm not used of it all this tod. for me the most unreal are f4u agility, and 109 anti agility.
    btw i konw LW tactic was not dogfighting but short surprising pass, and run when outnumbered ;)

17. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

About spin, Theres is little or no "feeling" for when you are about to recover a spin.
    Last version, if you got into spin (you could if you fly as bad as me), the spin slowly recovered, when you tried to sort it out. In the new release I've not got the "feeling" for when spin is about to be recovered. You spin, you try to recover by throttle down and reverse rudder and nose down. plane keeps spinning until it all of a sudden is not spinning, or, has begun spinning other way. I've tried in Heinkel, MC205, FW190 and Dewoitine. Same phenomena.

I don't know if I try TO HARD to correct or something, it may well be that also.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    To -exec- et al: Thx for your work. :)

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

My share:

WTFs:
    Beufighter spin- almost unrecoverable.
    Pe-8 ottos- UBER! (correct it pls)
    Spitfire IX- acceleration (both in level and in dive) should be decreased (rest is OK, but it's bullshit that I can catch a 109 in dive)
    Typhoon- good stall characteristics, wtg... but climb performance is cut down a bit too much
    Yak9D-> too hvy IMHO

WTGs:
    Ki61b-> it's again able to win a turnfight with Spitfire-> wtg
    Fw190-> no more 80kph manouvres in stall-> wtg
    Yak9-> good performance reserved for expert Yak pilots... not for dweebs... a nice plane made even nicer :)

19. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

haha, frog wont see a6m fixed but he thinkgs typhoon needs work :)

I just personally have experienced these bugs-
    Beufighter-4x7mm in one wing, 2x7mm in the other.
    N1k1, shudders violently above 250km/h.
    DM- hispano is atleast 3x more powerfull than mg151/20.
    FM of a6m, it still turns worse than 80% of the planes here.
    pe8 auttos and DM "the thing is undestructable unless you sit at d8 and hope you can land over 100x20mm on it."
    p39 has no stall on climb- the things a flying gun- WTF.
    And then of course, the obious problom with fw190 being worse than typhoon

I think in generall, now that most the FM's are fixed "except the ones mentioned" but that the DM needs a very good look at.

20. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Allsop, personal ignorance doesn't mean bug. Count the gun ports on the wing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]