USA vs. IRAK

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Benjamin8, Mar 20, 2003.

?

Is USA's attack to Irak ok?

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. no

105 vote(s)
    76.6%
  3. who cares

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

That's what i'm already thinking, but i would know what think about it the peaple who believe in this war

2. Odisseo

Really Disappointed!

I was just checking Al Jazira TV and saw how USA army is destroying all the sculptures that remember Saddam, well i don't know what USA peaple is thinking about it but i'm really disappointed! :mad:
    The history, wrong or right it is has to be remembered, the history is one way, the arts are the second way.

USA behaving on this way remember me how nazi burnt mountains of books. Why they don't start a tour on the whole world and destroy all others arts representing dictators?

The war for interests has made to come down a lot my consideration on the american army and its government, but soon I will begin to being heavy gross

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

lol funny you said that odi, i was just reading the newspaper and came back to the PC just to comment this:
    why do we always see american troops destroying saddam images? 1) propaganda for manipulation to make iraqi minds 2) they hate saddam more than iraqis (whos manipulated now?) 3) what odi just said
    (thats a multi-choice question)

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

yeah, how else you destroy half-million army in a matter of days? :rolleyes:

What are those Commission of Inquiry for the International War Crimes Tribunal? Doesnt seem to have made any effect.

BTW a friend of mine here is actually the boss of Macedonian Interpol (shes doing 2nd masters in international criminology, because noone in the west recognizes macedonian diplomas, while she wants to start work in the UN), and she told me the US and UK are perfectly eligible for the newly constituted International War Tribunal. They attacked a sovereign country without UN resolution so Blair is quite ready for the prison. Political and economical pressure is expected on the european countries, but we will see...

USA has not ratified the Tribunal, but there is the precedent with Pinochet, and whenever Bush (or any US general now in Iraq) lands on a visit to a country who ratified it (and didnt sign those unilateral agreements US forced on some of us last year - that their soldiers are exempt from law), he could be arrested.

So I`m looking ahead for the show. :) One will certainly find lawyers and prosecutors who will initiate it. But probably most countries will be too afraid to arrest the criminals. :shuffle:

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

it reminds me of the democratic freaks we had here in the early 90s who were going around and destroying soviet and communist monuments... They wanted to blow up even the memorial of Uknown soldier!

I remember in 1999 just when I was on trip in Vienna, the destruction of Dimitrov`s mausoleum filled even the international news :( We were then looking at the glammorous memorial of Soviet Army in Vienna and commenting to each other about what "civilization" means :shuffle:

glas, next time you say this, I pull the gun out of my ass and shoot you!

6. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Grobar:
    USA has not ratified the Tribunal, but there is the precedent with Pinochet, and whenever Bush (or any US general now in Iraq) lands on a visit to a country who ratified it (and didnt sign those unilateral agreements US forced on some of us last year - that their soldiers are exempt from law), he could be arrested.

So I`m looking ahead for the show. One will certainly find lawyers and prosecutors who will initiate it. But probably most countries will be too afraid to arrest the criminals.

Not just that, Grobar....

The international tribunal happens to be here in the Netherlands, in the Hague. The US government has stated that if any Americans are detained or tried there, they will use "any means necessary, including military action" to liberate them.

Sooooo... IF G.W. Bush was arrested and sent to the Hague to stand trial, the US military would invade the Netherlands and liberate him, then occupy the Netherlands and install a puppet-regime. And WE are with the NATo, for crying out loud!

As I recall, the idea of the "Bosnia"-tribunal in The Hague (which preceded the International Tribunal) was an American idea to begin with. I wonder why the USA didn't ratify the treaty, anyway. Some of the reasons I heard were:

1. They refuse to be tied to any rule at all. "Independant Country" and all....
    2. They claim they always are the good guys and since US soldiers don't break conventions, this tribunal is redundant to Americans.
    3. Their own courts are good enough and they guarantee justice when some American has broken laws.

I think we all know these are farces at best, and damned lies at worst.
    1. Serbia is an independent country too, but the USA are fine with Serbs being tried at the international tribunal. Same goes for Iraqi's and other nationalities.
    2. "Road of Death", the taleban soldiers taken POW in Afghanistan, Mai Lai in Vietnam, all examples of American atrocities. I agree the US armed forces show tremendous self-control most of the times, but occasionally someone goes haywire and breaks laws. That can happen to Americans, too!
    3. The American judicial system is one of the most biased in the world, and this I can say with absolute confidence. No money = no defense. Wrong colour = no defense. Especially when members of their owned armed forces were to be tried for atrocities. That would be a PR-fiasco unlike any the world has ever seen.

More hypocrisy: a US-citizen was arrested for drug-trafficing here in the Netherlands. He was found guilty and sent to prison, but the USA "asked" the Dutch government to let the guy serve his time in the US. The Dutch government decided to do so (under immense pressure) and the convict was sent to an US prison. The day he arrived he appealed and won the case on a technicality (some US customs official let something slip or something like that). He was released.
    Two years later, a Dutchman was arrested in the USA for the same offense. The Dutch government requested the inmate to be turned over to finish his time in Holland but the Americans declined. You know why?

Because they "didn't trust the Dutch courts"!!!!!!!

:ass:

I'm not angry with the Americans as a people, but their government drives me up the walls sometimes.

7. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Would also explain the lack of reporters with the US troops on there travels through Iraq this time. From the reports I see the British army seems to be made up of 45,000 troops and 25,000 reporters (Funnily enough the troops all seem to be Irish & Scottish, maybe this is Blairs way of cutting down opposition) I've only seen one reporter travelling with the US troops(to be specific travelling with the 3rd US Infantry). Anyone else know of other Reporters with the US troops?

I do know they expelled two reporters for reporting stuff they didn't like.

Mal

8. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

This baby died when the coalition attacked Al-Hilla

9. weird-

weird- Well-Known Member

new world order:

§1: Everything the USA does is good and right.

§2: If this isn't so, §1 will take action immediately.

10. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Imagine what its like for someone who lives in USA. At least you can get high and forget about it.

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Odisseo

Forget? how can you forget that the 1st Army power of the world is lead by an idiot? who has rights to engage in war nuclear powers and who is able to drop 10'000kg bombs everywhere?

13. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Not me, buddy. I don't smoke pot. The world may be a shithole, I sure ain't planning on missing anything of it.

I like being angry, it gives me inspiration for my songs.

14. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

as I said I`m really looking forward to the show! :turret:

wrong religion, as well. Never go to some of those US states governed by their sects - mormons, whatever. There was some reportage a few years ago, of a bulgarian working there (I think a doctor?), I dont remember the story - he had a relationship with a woman there, but then he didnt want to merry her (mb Im remembering wrong tho) - they made up the entire trial (she was in the sect, her parents were in the sect, all the judges, lawyers were in the sect, his colleagues were in the sect...) - now he is serving 30 years for rape...

15. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Hmm, it seems alot has changed since

:rolleyes:

16. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

The real faces of the war :(

17. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

18. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Stupid war

19. Sea

Sea Well-Known Member

Democracy need more low-price oil.

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Once the new regime run by first the UN, then by Iraqis, is installed it will be a free market in terms of trade. Oil will go to the highest bidder, and thats no bad thing as it is more money for them to rebuild. The Americans need the oil more than anyone probably and have the money to buy it. Pure and simple business, and good business at that for the Iraqis in particular.

@ Spaceb: We can see those images as often as we like, if we want to look for them. We dont have to have them shoved in our faces. People are suffering, but at least its only physical scars, they can heal. The emotional scars left by an evil regime will take a longer time to heal.

Deaths were always inevitable, did you ever think Iraq could have been free from his regime through a bloodless coup? Thousands upon thousands of Iraqis would have been murdered if they dared to uprise and the area of the uprising (most probably the South with the Shia Moslems?) would no doubt have suffered the same fate as the Kurds.

In a year from now, I reckon Iraq will be more stable than its been in a long time. In that respect, this war was a necessity for the people there. IMO.

And flame all you want, only time will tell who was listening to the honest 'propaganda' ;)

-glas-