Tips? How to tell the English they are barbarian?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, May 6, 2005.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

So, exposing my oppinion is an attack? If you want to see it like that, ok. I attacked religion, not you. I think i'm free to do it, as well as you're free to defend it. Am i wrong?
    If you're not religious... why do you go to a church to pacify your soul? Because of the silence? In the hills near my house there's a lot of silence too, and i consider a lack of respect to go to their temple to... what? Talk to a God you don't believe in? Or is it just because it was hot out there and you were sweating too much and entered in the search of some cold ambiance? Come on, if i don't believe in what KKK has to say, i don't go to a meeting to "find relax"
    So you're offended/feel alone/whatever because most of the people think like me? Well, accept it, or don't discuss. If i expose my oppinion, i know i can be the target for people who don't share my POV to criticize me. Is that so bad? Not for me.
    If you're an atheist (as you claim below), then why are we saying anything about your "sacred feelings" (I thought that was used by religious people, as WE atheist don't believe in sacred things, right?)? Btw, if someone says my "sacred feelings" are bullshit, my answer is clear and direct: Fuck you. Those are mines, not yours, and i'm happy with them. So simple as that. That, or discuss, and i thought that was what we were doing, right?
    Who said you're sick? I said your God (is it your God or not?) is sick. And the interpretations made by churches are sick. I haven't lacked respect for you, or so i think. If i have, sorry, wasn't my intention
    People who write those hatemails are simply assholes who can't stand someone has a different oppinion than theirs. I'm not the case. I told you more than once that all i wanted to do was discuss your POV, and show you mine. Are you open to read other's oppinion, or are you so selfish that only yours is worthy?

2. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

*DOUBLE TAKE*

HUH??? Why did you bother posting so much in defense of religion if you yourself do not agree with it, and even vomit at the thought of being highly religious?

3. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Afi,
    because I dont equate non-believing in something - with vomitting at it.

Broz,
    your posts started quite moderate and reasonable in the beginning (and that is why started conversation) but gradually turned into sharp aggressiveness. Lately you even get me involved with Hitler, Stalin and KKK. From here it doesnt look like appreciative exposition of your POV. Looks like barely restrained anger.

But you are free to do anything, indeed, as I am free to raise a voice of protest.

Yes, the atmosphere in an orthodox church has great effect of renewal for me. So is just contemplating an old icon at home.
    I am not hinduist but I also do (did) yoga.

No, its not lack of respect. Probably another difference between orthodox and catholics.
    In fact if I talk with the priest about my reasons to visit the temple although I am not in Christ - I am certain he will be happy to see me around more often.

I am alarmed that most peoples immediate reaction when they see someone with different cultural mindset is to step on him and smear him on the floor. Even without actually having an idea what he stands for.

Yes, probably that is what I should have done. I guess I am too optimistic about others nature.

Your mother is a whore.

Hope it didnt sound like I lack respect for you?

Last edited: May 16, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I compared God and preachers to those beings, not involved you. And don't take it literally, ffs, it was an example of people who, like preachers, know how to use vocabulary to convince others. If you want to take it out of context, go ahead, but you know that you're twisting my words to make me look like a "tortured soul" or something, who liberates his anger in you. And that's not the case. I'm angry, yes, but not with you, but with the lies the church has been releasing to the world for centuries, and because i see that, in the name of love (=God), people kill each other. Like followers of Stalin, Hitler, KKK...did. See the relation? I hope you do, it's not so hard...
    Ok, i rose my voice against religion, something that, apparently you're not involved in (as you're atheist). What's bad with that? Can't i protest against Bush, even if i'm not American? Or can't you protest about Mr. Aznar, even when you're not Spanish? Hell, yes, we all can, and no need to "protest" because i claim i'm against the driving forces in the world.
    Oh, yes, and as long as you give him the "sunday's gift", even happier. Of course he will be happier, because you'll be another possible "saved soul" he may add to his list if he convinces you that religion is cool. That's what it's all about: A business
    Uh-uh, paranoia. Smear you? Step on you? I said black, you said white. Is that to step on you? I thought you liked discussions and talk. I see you don't. As long as someone opposses to you and can answer for more than 1 page, is he stepping on you? Well, maybe you can't discuss as much as apparently you did
    So i say about my mother, but it's ME who must say so. If you chose that as an example, you took your image to the level of shit. I never insulted you, i tried to keep forms all time, even when i wanted to shout: "Motherfuckers from churches killed people, raped children, denied help to wounded, supported war crimes, and some assholes still defend them, lick their asses and speak shit about love and some fucking God that turns their life into void, dedicated to suffrance in the name of salvation. Those motherfuckers made our world be the shit it's now, and you form part of them as you spread your shit around". But i didn't.
    Now, go to hell, this discussion is over for me as long as you took it ouf of forms and context. Hoped more from you. As i said, you're at the level of shit now.

Bye

P.S: Other's nature? What the hell you expected? Seeing your nature, i don't expect a shit from now on. I hope God may take you in your arms. I'll be enjoying my sinful life. Farewell

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

100% with Broz. Grobar, you're the one who took it too far and wayyyyy out of context.

6. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Yes, I chose it as an example. Saying to a religious person "your god is sick" is as insulting as saying "your mother is a whore".
    The "discussion" was over long ago because you never tried to feel the other side - apparently blinded by the "asshole stuff" above. I can well see who will start the next wars, with blinding anger like this. Many people here have vomitted on communism but even they dont seem to know it started from just the same words and went onto the massacre of hundreds of thousands and to the destruction of an entire civilisation.

Thanx for all your time anyway, mate.

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Supposedly you weren't religious. Or are you just lying to make the discussion go better for you? Now you are, then you aren't. IMHO you're just a liar trying "to gain" a discussion, and you're the only one trying that. Btw, family is over religion, politics or anything. You went too low there
    I tried to. That's why i asked what you thought God is, i told you to explain your POV, i used examples... But all you said was: "understand me, you're blind". It was you who never was interested in others' POV, thinking we were attacking you.
    Me too. Some motherfucker religious leader who thinks that dialog is a personal attack. Guess who i'll be thinking of then? :rolleyes:

8. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

@Kolio

You were very coinvincing. I was already thinking how had i missed this side of you. I realize i never thought if you were religious or not, really. So atleast you "fooled" me. Maybe because most that you said is what you really think even as an atheist.

I usually expect religious people to do good in sense they get later profit for it. And i often feel that they are not good to me because accepting me as i am, but because their God says they must accept me. (So they sort of play it nice to please their god). I understand it's not always or maybe even mostly the case..and that im just paranoid. But i feel uneasy among such people. I think they are wrong, but i don't go insulting them directly either. I have no need to hurt their feelings.

I have (or had?) a muslim friend. Ex-drug addict who is currently just as addicted to god as he was to shooting amphetamine some years ago. He preaches and preaches about Allah. About paradise and hell. Im not intrested but he does it anyway. He wont talk about anything else and for me it's like i was not his friend anymore, just one more lost soul to convert for his all mighty Allah. I once liked him really much (that was before two gods of his, first drugs then religion) but these gods came like a wall between us. I don't really even know him anymore. He seems like a hunter of weak and lost. Maybe he will help them..no idea. But how ever lost id be i wouldnt like to be helped like this. Honest love of another human (friend) could help me, but not love of god.

Looking at history i tend to see religion as root of so much violence, tool for greed and abuse. I realize our cultural morale is formed on christian concepts, even my own ethics to some degree, but still...

Those are reasons i figured out for my believer-phobia. :)
    I don't think im able to make any more sense of it.

Thanks for bringing it up anyway.

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks for lending some warmth and goodwill, my friend!

There are many types of religious people as there are many types of non-religious. Stupid and wise, simple and shrewd, desperate and relaxed, idealistic and businessmen. Man brings his qualities into his communication with God too.
    I have eyes for the wise ones and the simple ones. I really appreciate the ways they differ from me, and that they have grown something special I can only touch from the outside.

Your muslim friend has been always in need I should think. If he finds love from another human being - there he will be the same - desperate and addicted. It is not because of Allah.

Once I was on a discussion about gypsies and racism after some film documentaries. There stood up about 17-18 old girl and started telling how she was in a skin-head gang before (she had all kinds of tattoos indeed) but how she has been wrong and gypsies are our brothers, etc. And she turned the tables about God - obviously she was recent convert of some protestant sect. People quickly dismissed her with "I should think the young speaker before me just exchanged one kind of fanaticism with another...". Yet although I dislike protestants it is better to be freak protestant than freak skinhead, isnt it?

Hm, maybe many do. But I doubt one can be good against his internal drive. As far as I understand proper christiany - it is about forming another disposition of your mind. One that gives you the freedom to be good. And this is the reward that you get, your Heavens. Like when you do yoga you feel your body become freeer and more pleasant to live in.

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  10. -pitz-

-pitz- Member

I am English but not a barbarian though I have to admit that an awful lot of my fellow countrymen fit the bill exactly. It is no longer pleasant living here amongst a population of amoral shaven or dreadlocked headed muggers and thieves who no longer have any vocabulary other than barbaric near-animal noises which they try and make up for with gesticulations of the arms and body.

It is probably true to say that the British are by nature a barbaric nation who, now that they have run out of targets and money, have turned their nastiness on themselves while a weak and flaccid euro-obsessed government allows them more and more latitude.

All of which is why I spend as much time as I can elsewhere.

11. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

We are all barbarians, let's go back to ancient rome...

12. -pitz-

-pitz- Member

The ancient Greeks defined 'barbarians' as those who could not speak their language. My reason for agreeing that the English are barbarian was due soley to the awful fact that not only can they not speak Greek, they can barely speak Engish.

13. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Wow you really don't like your own countrymen. I thought I was bad, but you'd murder me in a shit-talking-my-own-people contest.

14. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

How to tell the English they are Barbarian?

TIP ---> Walk into any Tavern, Inn, Pubilc House....if it's not smokey (your eyes are not watering) find the smokey part, for here is the resting place of the true barabaric english bastard....the best way to break the ice is to pick up a drink....any drink.....and (a) drink it or (b) spill it.....then just as the captive audiance begins to stand wide eyed with total concentration upon yourself......shout out that you are not of this god forsaken and rubbish filled island and what's more I think you are barbarians because.................................................................................

that's the way to do it

15. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I was training recently to speak proper midlands english (currently live in Nott). I found out I can do it by speaking normal english as taught in school but WITHOUT MOVING MY LIPS OR TONGUE! :D it becomes beautiful! (or horrible if you are not a linguist :))

Ai ei! ia oAi? go a A ei? (hi mate! you allright? got a lighter mate?)

16. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

but this is not how civilised and refined people (such as me, coming from an ancient land trodden by history, where men enjoyed the taste of good wine and the warm nights playing "Psychiatric" or recounting the Great Flood of Noah from their youth at the footsteps of beautiful frescoe- and golden-clad temples as far back as 6000 years ago) should do it, is it? :)

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  17. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

That statement makes me want to stab you, really hard. Fuck being refined, I say, be disgusting and lude, it's more enjoyable.

18. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Well, you can always come to them and tell them: Your mother is a whore

But then you'll be the barbarian. Ah, no, wait, you're refined and so...
    sure :rolleyes:

19. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

as it is a proven fact that every woman is a whore... then you'll just be right.

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

that was the point of it