Tips? How to tell the English they are barbarian?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, May 6, 2005.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

excellent.

2. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

proper midlands english - By grobar

Midlands English....contradictory term! I guess you are trying to master some dialect of Brummie (undecipherable verbal drawl of the greater Birmingham area). Nobody (native to the british Isles) understands brummies...I do not think it is even worth learning the drawl in order to explain how they lack cultural and religious depth of understanding.....in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you found that Brummie actually lacks the words you need to express your opinion.

I would still suggest going to the resting place of the black country barbarian (tavern, pub, inn), follow previous rules of engagement.....but better do it wearing a sandwich board with your case written in simple (standard) English or better still pictures.

3. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

What's Urdu?.... A Brummie haircut ;)

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

lol, you really took this personally, didnt you? :)

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

ha-ha - good one! :)
    but no, i am just studying from linguistic curiosity. i like languages which i almost understand :)
    i was once even given lessons of nottinghamish slang (which apparently differs abit from sheffieldish slang where I lived before) by an aborigenee but later the same night he stole my debit cards and mugged me. anyway he and his girlfriend are in prison for 2 years now.
    unfortunately i didnt gain anything from that because I dont remember any of the lessons anymore. :(

Speaking about haircuts - ive always wondered (and never dared ask ;)) about the typical girl teenager hair - are they actually bald in the frontal parts of the skull or they shave it?

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Girls tend to have a higher hairline I believe Gro ;)

And they certainly dont shave their cranium (or at least, none that I have ever been with have done, thank God :) )

7. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    LMFAO!!!

8. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Who are you to be so fuckin' high and mighty?

1 person likes this.
  9. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

Who are you to be so fucking low and humourless?

Maybe this is a case of you posting short and fast to look cool....Maybe (and I believe this to be more likely) the humour of this thread just turned a llittle too English for you to follow. I would also guess that it is not PC (picking on an ethnic sterotype) enough for your Liberal sensibilities afi, but the truth is I don't give a shit.

shaved cranium??? barbarian went to barber?

10. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

Maybe the brummie youth misunderstands " full frontal nudity"

11. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Or maybe you aren't funny.

I'm the least PC person around. Check that one post where they tore me apart for posting a picture of a black dude.

12. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Oh come on afi, I live in the area and I got some really good laughs from some posts. Because I've seen the stuff they talk about - makes a slight difference you know. Maybe the humour did turn a bit too english for you.

:p

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  13. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

I'm the least PC person around. Check that one post where they tore me apart for posting a picture of a black dude. - afi

LOL....I'm even less interested in that than your last post

1 person likes this.
  14. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

oh raised hairline teenagers are quite sexy actually! they certainly do look dangerous. Definitely more sexy (read slim) than the tits-o-queens that you find in the typical student bar or later in the evening marching drunken on the central streets.
    And they dress better!

ah afi, it is much more unpleasant when you say something about black dudes in real life - even if there is no blacks around! it happened to me last week. those west-europeans really do take it too seriously!

15. -pitz-

-pitz- Member

Seems we're all agreed that the English can't speak English but are adept at making strange noises that most (English) can interpret as jokes while a few of us remain bemused. A blind man would be totally bemused because he would miss the ape like gesticulations, containing the bulk of the information, that accompany the noises.

Remember Raquel Welch's first film 'Ugh, Ugh, Aah'? Barbarians is too kind a word...we're back to the monkey house.

1 person likes this.
  16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

What's up with the blond hair and wads of cash?
    Oh that's right, you're euro-trash.

17. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

This is a really odd thread. I never know what you guys are on about nor if you're serious about what you're saying or just joking. :confused:

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

odd forum - odd thread

:D

19. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

i found this excerpt in a different context but serves nice as a kind of disclaimer, if you like, for my posts here.

20. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

What?? :confused: Grobar .... you are either WAY too smart for your own good, or just a friggin showoff! :p