Errors of FHL1.68open-beta

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Aug 30, 2010.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Well, maybe this is a more accurate representation of how the aircraft behaves? :shuffle:

2. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I think the lesser climb of DB3 is more accurate than before but it does have other problems.

It will not fly level without climbing and it won't go much faster than 300km/hr without full forward on the stick and holding down the "I" key for full down trim.....yet it will still climb.

It also has a big pitch change with power changes and it comes to stop even faster than he177 when pulling power.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with an error in either wing area or chord since it now is easily the uber turning plane in the arena.

It will easily turn with a zero.

It's also really bad if you use any rudder while rolling down runway......best to keep it straight with very small rudder movements instead of using rudder to keep it centered down runway or you end up ground looping it.

I also noticed oil pressure reading zero with red light on B25 with no damage.

Spit VB still seems slow but I don't mind it.

New Beaufighter is sweet!!!.....letez will be very happy if he decides to ditch the "one way mission ghosts" and fly red again.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. fas---

fas--- Дремучий патриархал

db3f already fix for 1.68 release. Some small tweak inside FM. Also, Ju-52
    rollback to prevision variant FM. sm79 fixed to.

I am glad to good reviews on the Beaufighter. :)

Spitfire mk5b now is a correct by spitperfomance data (speed), but i'm
    not sure for rollspeed, imho roll may be some better (15-20%)

Some about db3f (this part write on russian and translate by google, russian text in bottom)
    In fact, DB3F (IL-4) characterized by outstanding mobility for the bomber, but very unpleasant management, which greatly fatigued pilot. For a load of 2.5 tons and full tank, not everyone pilot could lift aircraft in the air, especially with bad airfields.

I made the model simpler, because the current model is 1.68 excessively difficult to take off, uncomfortable with the normal flight and extremely complicated by the players-bombers life:). The changes affected the following: Take off a little
    simplified, though the plane still could boltatsya back and forth on the strip,
    fully configured automatic modes - auto-pilot now works fine, except case with loading of 2.5 tons and a full tank - this is
    overloaded airplane, its up to a certain height must be conducted manually, it is about 1 kilometer, then the autopilot will work, although outstanding climb of course will not be - 2.5 meters per second maximum.
    In a typical load of one ton and a full tank - the plane is stable and does not create problems. For personal feelings, it became much easier, although the rise
    course will be unfamiliar and complicated (but easier than now).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    В действительности, ДБ3Ф (Ил-4) отличался великолепной маневренностью для бомбардировщика, но очень неприятным управлением, которое сильно утомляло пилота. При нагрузке в 2.5 тонны и полном баке, далеко не каждый летчик мог поднять самолет в воздух, особенно с плохих полевых аэродромов.

Я сделал модель попроще, потому что текущая модель 1.68 избыточно сложна на взлете, неприятна при обычном полете и крайне усложнила игрокам-бомбардировщикам жизнь :) .Изменения коснулись следующего: Взлет немного
    упростился, хотя самолет по прежнему может болтатся туда-сюда по полосе,
    полностью настроены автоматические режимы - автопилот теперь работает нормально, исключая случай с загрузкой в 2.5 тонны и полным баком - это очень
    перегруженый самолет, его до определенной высоты надо вести вручную, это около 1 километра, потом автопилот будет работать, хотя выдающейся скороподъемности конечно не будет - 2.5 метра в секунду максимум.
    При обычной загрузке в одну тонну и полным баком - самолет устойчив и проблем не создает. По личным ощущениям, стало намного проще, хотя взлет
    конечно будет непривычен и сложен (но проще, чем сейчас).

4. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I have noticed that if i exit flight , then start new, i will still get kills and pieces from previous one, could it be new feature?:p If it is then it is the best thing in new fh;)

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

This is very old server "feature".

6. demian

demian Well-Known Member

B24 is now available on medium fields...

7. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I think that's been an option already. One thing I've thought would be nice, is to be able to get the kill on other players that intentionally fly into ack, self kill with bombs, or exit the game in-flight to deny kills for the attacker.

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

9. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

About tracks again, i didn't remove 1.67r2, installed 1.68 in own folder but used same warbirds folder for it, tried to launch 1.67 and play track, all works as was before 1.68, including new tracks (i copied them to 1.67 folder).

10. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Ill try that one now( must see how exec killed me))

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Tracers from jeep ack and aircraft gunners never worked in 3D since I started flying in WBFH back in 2000. Can that be fixed now? :turret:

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

put down to to-do list

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

14. chulian1819

chulian1819 Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

well it's a bonus for golds actually: to get jet in airscrew crafts simulation for 11 months of tour.
    and meteor is not a super bonus, but a historically real combat airplane.

16. chulian1819

chulian1819 Member

So EXEC any news on the fiat G55?

17. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

I don't wanna be boring, but since 1.68 started, Ki-45 and Bf 110's ottos, when I flew them, DIDN'T managed to hit a single bullet on an enemy plane, unless I man the guns.....

Will it be fixed when gil--- finishes his otto tests?

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

still negative

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

kick gil, not me

20. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

My question wasn't answered with this... :confused: