About killshooter

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Hans Haupt, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Hans Haupt

Hans Haupt Well-Known Member

I think the killshooter turned off is much better because:

ALWAYS IS THERE STUPID DWEEBS THAT STEAL OTHERS KILLS WHEN THEIR TARGETS ARE ALREADY BURNING AND GOING DOWN.

1)Just an advice that if someone open fire to a plane thats going down by my guns and someone try to steal i ill shot the bastard down.

2)Now the most important utility of killshooter off is that it will progressively avoid the ridiculous 10 x 1 chasing. Because nobody ill cross the friendly fire to try to get the kill or if the stupid dweeb cross on front of you he goes down, not you.

3)I already lost good streaks because i was firing at someone and a friend passed on front of me when i was firing and i got killed. This sux and must be avoided, so killshooter off YES.

4)There is much more reasons to have the killshooter off than on. If a friend fire at you, go kick him.
    Go ready a Pierre Closterman's book that he tells that they were flying over the channel and an american fighter atacked his wingman by mistake.
    Closterman's wingman got pissed of with the american pilot and started a dogfight. Nobody won.
    Closterman's says hes glad that both pilot's aim were really bad. :)

You may add some kind of HEAVY penality to ppl who shot friends doen like.
    Think about....

-herz-

2. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

I agree, Is it possible to make people that shoot freindly's get a restrictions, like maybe 10 mins on all fields. So if you kill someone, you have an extra 10 mins added to you time like the 3 mins work, but FOR ALL FIELDS

3. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

On Air Warrior, if you killed a friendly plane, it would be accepted as an accident. If it happened again within 24 hours, you went "Persona non Grata." That was it. No live ammunition for you for 24 hours. You could fly transports, but you weren't allowed to have bombs or bullets for a full 24 hours. The admins wouldn't (and couldn't) undo it, even if you proved it was an accident with, say, gun camera footage.

But AW got smart and turned fragging off, period.
    Then we didn't have to deal with such problems like we've seen on FH when Killshooter is on.

Jochen

4. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Hans,

>ALWAYS IS THERE STUPID DWEEBS THAT STEAL OTHERS KILLS WHEN THEIR TARGETS ARE ALREADY BURNING AND GOING DOWN.

What I'm concerned more about are the stupid dweebs that sit in a jeep ack by the runway and shoot down friendly planes coming in to land.

In the Kursk scenario, I've been killed as often by "friends" as by the enemy.

There's no way friendly fire can be left on without arena play going down the drain.

Oh, and I get enough kills not to worry about "killstealers" anyway. We're all fighting for the same side, after all.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

5. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

In those days i flew in kursk arena and it was great, for all ppl that got killed by friendly fires....lernt better what's a dogfight.

Me and promet got more than 50 kills in one evening without be killed by any friend, why?

First we never attack an enemy that has already a friend on 6, because is too dangerous, because is too easy get a con that got already engaged by a friend, as usually i se, you enagge a con, hi and fast, you drag him low and start turnfights and after 5 min of fight one "friend" imb and kill the con..

(the right way [NEWER SAW IT BY SOMEONE IN FH] fly in your plane, you see low a friend engaged with a con, they are turnfighting and friend is on the 6 con, check!, he's in danger? no, i engage the con? no, i stay here hight and cover my friend? YES!)

Second we never HO a con that has a frind on 6, you could be hitted by friend, you could hit the friend.

Who engage a con already engaged and get shot down by the friend it's only for its guilt.
    Killshooter off implement a lot of tactics, and now players must check friend and not only enemy bullets.

Think on!!

6. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Odi,

>In those days i flew in kursk arena and it was great, for all ppl that got killed by friendly fires....lernt better what's a dogfight.

I'm greatly indebted to you for sharing your infinite wisdom with lesser mortals like me.

Too bad you missed the small, but relevant detail that the Golds who killed me didn't do so by accident, but deliberatly.

In one case, I was trying to coax home a mortally wounded Messerschmitt when another Messerschmitt appeared at my six and attacked me two times before I ran out of altitude to evade and crashed into the ground.

In the other case, I was killed by a "friendly" jeep ack that was systematically shooting down all aircraft that were coming in to land at that base.

>Think on!!

Try to catch up Odi, we're far ahead.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

7. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Haupt your capslock seems to be locking, check it please!

And now think about this:
    - some imbecil frustrated with being shot down all the time starts to shoot at his own teammates. He may be even banned from the arena and his account deleted but since making new accounts on FH is free, unlimited and takes maybe 10 seconds of time, this f****r will be back in the arena within 30 seconds under new nickname, he will be even more frustrated and pissed off and will shoot other friendlies on purpose again. "Realism", huh Haupt?

- you make perfect streak and some idiot(s) become jealous, they make new accounts and kill you. Happy about that Haupt? Illo?

I would write many more such examples.
    Guys realise that it's only a game which needs some "unrealistic" features to be ever playable. If you want the real thing join your country's air force or buy a fighter plane replica and find other looney who would fight with you in RL.

That's all I wanted to say

8. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

HEHEHEHE!

Killshooters good feature!
    Now i can down some guys i have never beaten befor, in a cowardly, sneeky 6 attack.... [​IMG]

Or, some f**rs who did take away my kill....
    :mad:

Do i have to say more? :D
    Killshooters nice feature, but will end up in chaos of uncontrolled around flying bullits, seeking for a kill, without care of friendly planes!

9. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

</font>

10. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

I am not surprised that a " friend " has pulled you down, I know who have made it and it's a loyal player, if he has made he had its good reasons.

yes we're far ahead.

11. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Odi,

&gt;I am not surprised that a " friend " has pulled you down, I know who have made it and it's a loyal player, if he has made he had its good reasons.

Killing friendlies is treason, which is the exact opposite of loyalty.

Cheaters at least are honest enough to shoot at enemy. Teamkillers are worse than cheaters since they lack even that little bit of honesty.

Note that cheaters are banned from Freehost if they're caught.

If you justify teamkilling on this forum, you might as well justify cheating.

Sorry Odi, I know that you feel no sympathy towards me, but you're going way too far right now. There's no place for teamkillers in this game.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

12. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

</font>

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

As i saw some dweeb shooting friendlies in arena.
    Yes i think we must turn killshooter back on.

14. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

Kill shooter on is best thing anyone said in last 2 days ;)

15. Hans Haupt

Hans Haupt Well-Known Member

i see im going to die again because some stupid dweeb will pass in front of me when im opening fire to kill a enemy and of course the dweeb will do it because he knows i will die if i hit him and he will steal my kill anyways...

...and some people here thinks killshooter "on" is good...

great

-herz-

16. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

&lt;&lt;-ALW--&gt;&gt;Yeah, I'd like to see how many would do that ;) ? That would take care of a large problem heheh [​IMG] &gt;&gt;

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

&lt;&lt;-ALW--&gt;&gt; Well said well said ;) &gt;&gt;

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

&lt;&lt;-ALW--&gt;&gt;Man, you read my mind! You're good [​IMG] --does'nt this little action pic say something about out little problem?heheh&gt;&gt;

20. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

yes, yes, it is indeed much easier to get my plane exactly in the line of yours and "your" con and stay there, till your returning bullets have struck you down (or you disengage), and then carry on for "your" con, who patiently waits for us both to have get everything this way!
    :confused:
    so what about "airshow-smoke on" for all the others, and we can make it a nice performance?
    ;)