Another old bug abuse

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Vlamik, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Getting gameplay and reality mixed? :rolleyes: And what has that gay sex smiley above have anything to do with your talk about shame?It's good you feel that you are better than others, and you let them know that you feel that way ..right? :D

But whay you do when you loose a fight? What you say on ch100? :dunno:

some ppl tend to say : :@prayer: ,you go : :director: :fly2:

hehe

2. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I was talking about a plane flying with one wing earlier, so let us focus on only that one wing. When a plane loses a wing, it starts to rotate about the fuselage's axis. The cause for this is simple, only one wing is producing lift, so it "lifts" itself continually around the fuselage's axis. Think, Snakeye, the elevator is directly responsible for the amount of lift that a wing makes. Now whether a plane has one or two wings, the elevator still controls the lift of the wing(s). Isn't it reasonable to assume that if a plane has only one wing, the elevator can increase or reduce the lift of this wing? The elevator determines how fast and in what direction a one-winged plane rolls! Eventually, the lift of the remaining wing can be reduced so that the rotation of the plane stops. If the plane has only its right wing, and the pilot has stopped the rotation of the plane, he can control the rotation of the plane to his benefit. He can raise the pitch of the nose slightly to increase the lift and begin a roll in the counter-clockwise direction. The pilot can also lower the pitch of the nose to decrease lift and begin a roll in the clockwise direction. If the plane has only its left wing - a higher-pitch nose results in clockwise rotation; a lower-pitch nose results in counter-clockwise rotation.

Whether a pilot has only a left or right wing, he can maneuver his plane into a stable position. My recommendation for the best stable position is having the remaining wing above the fuselage (at approximately a 90 degree angle to the ground). Because at this point, the remaining wing is doing nothing but providing a little stability and a lot of drag, the pilot may as well use this extra drag to his advantage. If there is more drag above the fuselage than there is below, the drag above the fuselage will help to raise the nose (with respect to the rudder axis) and maintain altitude. I have found that while the plane's remaining wing is perpendicular to the ground, some extra rudder is still necessary to yaw the nose above the horizon. If the pilot is flying the right plane, maintaining altitude is possible when flying with one wing. Make certain that your airspeed is high at all times, because this is the only condition under which one-wing flight is possible.

So I have told you how to maintain altitude with one wing, but what about steering the plane? Steering is actually fairly simple and it can be done in one of two ways. One way is to roll the plane (again, with the use of the elevator's control over lift) about 45 degrees to one side and let your rudder's yaw be slightly applied to a horizontal vector as well as the vertical vector. This slowly turns the plane. The other method which I know of is to apply a little extra elevator pressure in either direction and compensate with the aileron on the remaining wing. With a little movement of the elevator, a slow turn rate can be attained while still maintaining a stable position due to the aileron's small control over the remaining wing. This method is not as effective as the first is, but it still works. To climb or decend, apply or release rudder pressure as necessary. I recommend having full throttle at all times, because the extra apparent wind allows for stronger elevator and rudder control.

What about landing? Give yourself plenty of distance from the location you want to land and use the rudder to yaw the nose downwards. You will pick up airspeed, but that is fine as long as you have control over the elevator and rudder. Plan the rate at which you need to descend in order to land at the target. When you get to within 100 meters of the ground, you may use rudder trim to have a more precise rate of descent; less than 5 meters/second is best. Do not use landing gear when landing this way. When you make first contact with the ground immediately push the joystick all the way forward. This rolls the plane to a belly position and prevents skidding from killing the pilot.

Snakeye, when you used all capital letters and said that I had little knowledge of physics, you were openly accusing me of ignorance. In Judicial systems, sometimes when a person is found innocent the case simply ends there. Most people, however, view in a negative light the person who made the wrongful accusations. This case should not end here. I believe that wrongful accusers should be made to pay. If wrongful accusers are simply let off with no apology, there is nothing in place to stop people who wrongfully accuse.

I am not trying to ruin your image, Snakeye, I am simply addressing a larger problem here on the FH. People all too often challenge my knowledge on critical issues on many topics. The fact that there is currently no deterrent to false accusations is why so many are made. Democratic Justice should know better than this.

3. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

@RolandGarros: I dont care about score...im just concerned in killing the greatest number of idiots that I can kill (especially you and jacobe, since now). Face me on the arena and lets see what happen...just 1x1. BTW, whats your real nick?

@Jacobe: I meant that I can kill ya whenever I want to, coz u suck badly (sry for saying the truth). If u dont like that msg, ignore it...I dont care if u accept a "nice fight,S!" compliment or not. When I loose most of times I dont say nothing or, if was a great fight, I write the same S! msg. Finally, i dont have to prove nothing to anyone here, this is nothing but a game.

4. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

always thought that <SACO!> = FOI (MAIS UM) PRO SACO... :)

5. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Kra, "saco" tb pode assumir essa conotação..vai do gosto do cliente! :)
    []´s e S!

6. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I agree ,you are very,very great pilot and great personality and not even childish! but something you got wrong ...I'm allways ready to meet you and rest of the saco-kids anytime 1 on 1 .I bet we have fun! in this fun fun game! :D

LMAO ,you are wrong It's a extension of your willy and ego also.

PS.I don't want to be mean to you,You just tickle my nasty-nerve nicely ,dunno why :D :dunno:

1 person likes this.
  7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

if you don't have to prove anything to noone, why you want a 1 vs 1? Don't you know you're better? Then let it be, right?

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Always get the chuckles from these folks who think they're SIERRA HOTEL and just generally better than anyone else just because they've managed to build a streak of 40+ while flying the uberest rides available.

9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

@broz

cc,he contradicted himself. :)

@Vlamik ,btw,have you won a TOD in terms of Kill/death ever? I have ,hehehee

Btw2 ,where does you nick come from ? From here? ;)

http://www.donlinke.com/drakula/vlad/photos.htm

I might be this why u ticle my nasty-nerve ;) :

:D

Want translation?

'Vlad The Stinger' was originally a war prisoner from Inkeri (Former Karelia, Finland) Vladimir Noutajainen (Noutajainen = the one who collects or fetches things) ,who gave in to Finns in Peuranpyllyn-lotinanpellon (Peuranpylly = place called deer's ass) -fight 1942.He walked his hands up to finnish side and told he was coming to Finland to get some butter on his bread.From place they gathered warprisoners, he was delivered to Kainuu (northern Finland) to do a job gathering hay in hayfields.Vlad was extremely talented of gathering hay.In his best days ,he made over 400 haystacks.The haypoles was 3-stopper versions which of course slowed him down.In the eenings he carried on the poking in the Sauna with the servant girls.

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

squirl I'd gladly put you in a one winged airplane and watch you die :)

11. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Elevator has nothing to do with lift produced by wings (wing). The idea of wing traveling though air is that it creates vector of force perpendicular to wing surface, no matter what is the attitude of that wing in space.
    Elevator is just another "wing" located somewhere else - it guides the aircraft in it's transversal axis. If it's located on tail and is producing positive lift i lifts tail and makes the plane pitch down. If producing negative lift it lowers tail and a/c pitches up. Just that! It has absolutely nothing to do with lift generated by wings.
    When one wing is gone, only one works and generates force perpendicular to its surface all the time. Thus effectively rotating the a/c. If the wing sticks up, it still produces same "lift" which is still perpendicular to it and rotates plane around. It produces same drag as ever and same "stability" as when it was level or inverted or whatever. Where the wing is pointing has absolutely nothing to do with how it works - it always has the same effect. Have 2 wings or have none. Otherwise you WILL roll forever.
    This is how it works in the real world... while FH physics is seriously fucked up in this area

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

lol

13. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think squirl is onto something ... WRT the elevator commanding the amount of lift generated by a wing ... I don't have a clue in hell if what he said about flying a one-winged plane is true or not.
    A plane's elevator controls the plane's pitch and thereby its flight path. A substantial change of a plane's flight path leads to a change of the angle at which the air strikes the plane's control surfaces in relation to where it's nose is pointing. By changing that angle (AOA, or angle of attack as I'm sure you'll know) you indirectly change the amount of lift your wings produce.

14. Snakeye

2 wings at any sensible AOA produce enough lift to make a 5-ton plane fly - 1 wing is still responsible for half of that - that's really a lot of force and you would have to push the wing beyond critical AOA with elevator only for it to stop generating lift to be able to ... well, you'd be falling in some awkward spin by then ;)
    Remember that aileron works exactly on the same rule as the rest of that wing, and wing will always have more "power" than its aileron and _will_ roll the a/c

15. lonerb

lonerb Well-Known Member

Reading this, I went to practice off line, and what squirl sad it is true (In fh that is). I flew and landed a zeke on 1 wing.. But for, this is Bs! Were is honour? If a pilot takes away your wing in real, you are dead.. so why in fh damn fly? Be a man, and if you lose a wing bail!! Or a Will pk you!! :rose: Lonerb

16. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

One question Sirs, are we talking real life physics or WB physics? The things I have just read made me pretty confused...

17. lonerb

lonerb Well-Known Member

Imho squirl fh physics, snkeye real physics. <S>

18. Snakeye

:rolleyes:

19. lonerb

lonerb Well-Known Member

hehe well snake you own me a Scoth whisky? ;)

20. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Well, you can fly the plane inverted dont U? That means the wings not only do not generate any positive lift but they generate a negative one. And this is achieved by controling the wings angle of attack. Reducing the lift generated by a wing to zero can be achieved with only fiew degrees of negative AOA.

Plane does not turn becouse its elevator changes the way it points. In vacume changing the way somthing points desnt change the way it moves (not in starwars though). Similar thing hapens in the air, the only thing different is that changing pitch changes AOA that couses the wings to produce more or less lift then is needed to counter the greavity. This exces lift couses acceleration perpendicular to the flight path. This bends the flight path. These are besic Newton lows.

WB probably des not model changing plane's center of gravity after loosing wing. This would make tha plane unstable and probably unflyable.