Balance

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by torsti, Jan 23, 2005.

1. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying, gryphon; but the fact that the A6M is on par in regard to turning with such "fine turning planes" as the Hurri, P40, Mig, 202, Lagg-3, F4F and the undermodeled P-38 is a shallow victory. Yes, those planes may be terribly modeled, but it seems the A6M has seen the worse share of the undermodeling if it has been reduced to "on par" with the Hurricane, P40, Mig, 202, Lagg-3 and F4F.

Additionally, how many reds/golds fly the planes you listed? Because the 190, 109, Spitfire and P-39 are not on your list, the planes on your list are hardly flown at all. The reds know that they can have the former turning of the Hurricane/A6M with the Spitfire, with additional speed and climb. Golds who want to have the ability to turn fight as a last resort use the 109 or 190. That sounds strange, but such is the case of present-day FH.

In my opinion, the reds are no better than the golds when it comes to flying only the uber planes, and vice versa. I don't see much gameplay in "Clash of the Titans: Spitfire vs. 190." Gryphon, by reading your posts, I am getting the impression that you share my opinion that one should be able to compete in almost any plane, because all WW2 planes had definite strengths and weaknesses. While I think that belief is admirable, I have to be realistic and observe that there is no room for non-190/109 gold pilots or non-Spitfire/P-39 red pilots right now.

"Fly the uber planes or get blown out of the sky."

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Bish could quiet possibly be the biggest dumbshit here if he thinks the a6m should be junk. The a6m was one of the crispist responding best turning planes of the war.

Just because you dont fly the plane, dont hate the plane.

3. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

Like I said spuint....it's over. :)

4. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Hows that for a case of the pot calling the kettle black....

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Some people think they're always right and right is all they'll ever be. Well
    there's two sides and egos divide. These people are so quick to judge. Let's get the judgement straight. It's not who's wrong, it's how we get along, and I'm not too sure that we do yet. TRUTH is a word that you're sure of. It's all you said, but I'd love to see you give someone else a chance. Open up, it's not so hard. It's a sure bet you'll get your way, but with no friends left. Don't say you know what I'm about, because you don't. For God's sake give me a fucking break. You don't even know
    my name.

- Gorilla Biscuits