Bug = Cheater in this GAme???

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bombad, Apr 28, 2003.

1. bombad

bombad Well-Known Member

Need help to translate... :confused:
    ...Seguinte nгo gostei nada da atitude tomada por vcs, claro q usar aquele BUG nгo seria uma boa atitude de minha parte pois ao descobrir um ERRO que quando solicitado o pedido de usar o jeep antes mesmo que se fosse registrado o kill do mesmo o server por nгo ter registrado o kill te dava permissгo a usar o jeep novamente, antes de ficar restrito... MAs atй aн tudo bem!

PARAS OS IGNORANTES QUE NГO SABEM DISTINGUIR UM BUG DE UM CHEATER VOU EXPLICAR COMO EU FAZIA!

Mas primeiro vou colocar aqui o que eu acho sobre o conceito cheater x bug

Cheater, no meu modo de ver й quando a pessoa usa de algum artificio que ao mudar alguma arquivo do jogo ou alterar algo nele para que possa ser favorecido usando de meios impossiveis de se alcanзar jogando o jogo como ele foi feito. e isso nгo й pra qualquer um, que eu saiba somente programadores ou pessoas com algum conhecimento em programaзгo possa fazer isso. ( esse й o meu modo de ver)
    Bug, й quando um determidano jogo contem ERROS que por ventura nгo foram percebidos pelos fabricantes do mesmo, e no qual deve SER RESPONSABILIDADE DO CRIADOR CORRIGIR O ERRO sem culpar ninguйm pelo beneficio do uso do determinado BUG encontrado por um jogador no mesmo. Mas mesmo assim, direito teria o responsбvel pelo jogo ADVERTER ao respectivo usuбrio q estivesse fazendo beneficio do ERRO podendo assim punн-lo assim q fosse advertido OFICIALMENTE POR UM RESPONSБVEL do jogo...
    AGORA PARA OS CURIOSOS E AOS "IGNORANTES QUE TOMARAM A DECISГO DE ACHAR QUE UM BUG = A UM CHEATER... assim era feito!

Muito simples... estava eu em um CV e ao ver que em um field precisava de ajuda somente digitei com rapidez .move fxx e como meu .hmack jб estava na alias "autoexec" apertei-o rapidamente para nгo perder tempo. Mas aн aconteceu o imprevisto ao invez do meu jeep aparecer na field de destino ele apareceu na agua junto ao CV, aн fiquei pensando o q havia acontecido... aн ejetei e tentei sair rapidamente de jeep do field em ataque e vi q eu estava restrito... foi aн q comecei a ver q o host era lento em relaзгo aos jeep tecnicamente nгo sei como, e vi q quando vc estava em um field fechado vc poderia digitar .move fxx (um field aberto e executar a .hmack sem q o HOST pudesse te mudar para a base de destino deixando voce na base em q estava, sendo q fechada ou nгo, mas isso sу funciona uma vez, pois apos te matarem vc vai para o field em q vc havia escolhido para fazer o BUG ...
    Quanto as .hmack's contнnuos й simples com o field aberto assim q alguйm te matava vc apenas o botгo em q estava alias .hmack antes q o HOst registrasse o kill!!!
    Tem mais considere-se no field 30 sendo que vc gold estando no field 30 mesmo vc muda para o country 1, passando a ser RED aн basta voce se movar para uma mase RED aberta e em seguida apertar a alias .hmack que vc estaria no field 30 com um Jeep RED

Bem ja chega, creio que ja estб mais do q esclarecido que isto era um BUG, e por se tratar de um BUG, o responsбvel pelo uso e consequкncia do mesmo nгo seja dO USUБRIO e sim do responsбvel pelo ERRO!!!

Eu poderia siter inъmeras coisas que com certeza vгo conprovar que o mais errado nгo era eu e sim os que julgam sem ter condiзхes para isso achando que as tem!... mas nгo vou falar mais nada!!!
    quero ver se ao menos terгo a capacidade de traduzir isso q eu escrevi.

E A TODOS QUE ME JULGARAM CULPADO POR FAVOR ANALIZEM BEM O SEU VEREDITO, POIS UM DIA VCS PODERГO ESTAR JULGANDO A VIDA DE UMA PESSOA OU DE VБRIAS!!!
    "BUSH"
    OBRIGADO PELA ATENЗГO E DESCULPEM PELO TRANSTORNO!!!

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i cannot read portuguese, but the answer for the title of your topic is:

YES, if you exploit bug often.

3. --oleg

--oleg Well-Known Member

Glad to see you banned bombad. I remember very good as you hit my IL-4 from d16 with 7mm bullets :rolleyes:

P.S. I cannot read portuguese (and so on) too ;)

4. papito

papito Guest

Hey guys,i think he need a chance to explain his story side.But my english is very poor to translate this words...so,i ask for you wait someone translate his words and then you talk something ok?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

that's me and rgreat who has banned first two players in fh-history.
    it's due to server restriction: ban must be issued by two admins, not one.

rgreat banned -drink for obvious cheats, and i supported him since i see provements.

i banned bombad for impudent bug use, since i see the log posted at forum, and rgreat supported me, because he hated hmack abuse and saw this log too, despite of that hmack abuse was blamed at forum, and obstinated bug exploit ruins the game.

i repeat, being robin the good (as one may think of about yourself) demonstratively exploiting bugs for admins to fix them is not the right way at all.

admins work as fast as real life allows to.

and the lag between bug recover and bug fix is not excuse to use it systematically.

6. bombad

bombad Well-Known Member

NIcaee, se vc ler aqui, ou alguйm q possa traduzir, faзa o favor pra mim!!! nгo quero usar tradutor pois nгo vai ficar igual!!!

7. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

WTG admins, finally a reaction from the FH team... hey bombad do you remember a couple of days ago when you laughed in my face when I told you to stop using hmack cheat? hehehehehhehehhe!!!

Don't stop there guys, make cheaters fear for their virtual lifes!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2003
  8. bc----

bc---- Well-Known Member

WTG admins! I'm glad this situation will not happen again. :@prayer:

9. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Translating...come back in few minutes

10. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Translation from Bombad's post, as loyal to the original as I could do

Here is the thing, I didn't liked at all the attitude tooked by you, of course, using that BUG wouldn't be a good attitude from my part because when i found the ERROR that when the jeep usage was requested even before the kill was registered on the server the server because he didn't registered the kill gave you permission to use the jeep again, before it gets restrict... But until this point all ok.

TO THE IGNORANTS THAT CAN'T DISTINQUISH A BUG FROM A CHEATER I'LL EXPLAIN HOW I DID IT!

But first I'll put here what I think about the cheater x bug concept.

Cheater, in my view is when someone uses some artifice that after changing a file from the game or changing something in it so it can go better by ways impossible to reach by playing the game the way it was made. And this is not for anyone, from what i know only programmers or people with some knowledge in programing can do this (that's IMV).
    Bug, is when a game have ERRORS that by some reason were not noticed by it's manufacturer, and so it MUST BE THE CREATOR'S RESPONSABILITY TO CORRECT THE ERROR without blaiming none by the benefits of the usage of the BUG found by a player in the game. But in this way, the right would be that the responsable by the game to NOTICE the user that he was taking benefit of a ERROR and so punish him after he was noticed OFICIALLY BY A RESPONSABLE of the game...
    NOW FOR THE CURIOUS AND THE "IGNORANTS THAT TOOK THE DECISION TO THINK THAT A BUG = A CHEATER.... so was done!

Very simple... I was in a CV and after seeing a field needed help I just quickly typed .move fxx and as my .hmack was on a alias I used it quickly not to lose time. Then happened to unforeseen, instead of my jeep showing up on my destination field it apeared on the water next to CV, then I was thinking what had happened... then I ejected and tryed quickly to exit the jeep in the field under attack and saw I was restricted...that's when I started to see that the host was slow compared with the jeep technically i don't know how, and when you was in a closed field you could type .move fxx (a open field and execute the .hmack without the host changing your base of destiny leaving you in the base you were, being closed or not, but this only work once, after they kill you you go to the field you had choosen to make the BUG...
    For the continuos .hmack's is simple, with the field open as soon as someone killed you you pressed the button with the .hmack allias before the HOst registered the kill!!!
    There is more supose you on field 30 being gold and being on field 30 you change to country 1, being RED now then you just need to move to an open red base and in the sequence press the .hmack alias that you'll apear on field 30 with a RED jeep

Well enough, I think it's clear that this was a BUG, and because it was a BUG the responsable by the use and consequences of it is not the user but the responsable by the ERRO!!!

I could say lots of things that for sure will comprovate that the wrong is not me but the ones that judge without having conditions to do so thinking they have!... but I won't say anything no more!!!
    let's see if at least they will have the capability what I wrote.

AND TO ALL THAT JUDGED ME GUILTY PLEASE MAKE A GODD ANALIZE OF YOUR VERIDICT, BECAUSE SOME DAY YOU CAN BE JUDGING THE LIFE ON ONE OR SEVERAL PEOPLE!!!
    "BUSH"
    THANK FOR YOU ATENTION E SORRY FOR ANY INCOVINIENT

11. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Now my personal opinion.

Why all that agressiviness bombad ? You post here, I thought that translating I would be trying to help solve this situation and to get to the end of your post and find this: "quero ver se ao menos terгo a capacidade de traduzir isso q eu escrevi." (let's see if they will at least have the capability to translate what I wrote)
    What the fuck was that ? Are you trully trying to solve your situation ? Being agressive as you are won't help.

Also, are you not responsable for your acts ? You do something that clearly is not intended to be part of the game, clearly bringing benefits to yourself, clearly ruining other's fun, and you are not the responsable ? The responsable is the other that already has little time to bring this great game to us, they will also have to babysittter us because some of us can't be responsable by his own acts ?
    Sincerely, grow up man.

12. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Do you want me to tell you what cheating in a computer game is ?
    It's using game's flaws to achieve results that are otherwise impossible.
    Exploiting flaws of a game can be altering data in files (yes, game is buggy when someone can change hardcoded data to gain some handicap), fiddling with data stored in memory or transferred over net or using bugs in game-code (like when u do a few thing really fast so that server doesn't notice all changes at once and that delay allows unpermitted action)

Such behavoiur is considered as CHEATING and people should be kicked and banned for this.

13. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Oh, and regarding your question in topic:

Where there are bugs in a game, cheaters show up.

(if there would be a game without bugs and with good data protection, there would be veeery little cheaters, but i've yet to see such product...)

14. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Using bugs is not cheating in my opinion. Modify the game to get some options that make someone better than the other players - that IS cheating. Even if these bugs are very irritating, all we could use them, though it depends on the personality and the mood what he/she is in to try 'em out or not.
    If you fear the tiger, don't allow him walking outside of the coop.

15. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Personnaly I think it is cheating, regardless of whether the situation is from a bug or from a hack/crack.

Let me put it this way, the hmack bug isn't like the La5FN bug where you can't help using it by purely selecting then flying a plane the hmack bug has to be executed in an intentional manner.

1. It's being done in such a way to get you onto a closed field in the first place. I can't move to a closed field the conventional way so the actions you're taking to do so are pre-determined.

2. Your use of dot commands for something as minor as moving to a field when the majority of players use the menu.

3. Having the commands setup as shortcuts in order to facilitate a known bug.

4. Continuing use of a bug that only 5% of players know how to use.

You 've had lots of opportunities to alter your actions within the arena so you don't accidentally trigger the bug and you've failed to do so whether intentionally or due to negligence. These facts alone cast considerable doubt upon your innocence.

Remeber the saying: "Shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted"

You knew how to use the bug and what actions were needed to trigger it and yet you did nothing therefore your're guilty.

Malino

16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I tried, honestly. But i couldnt put it better myself. Know-all bastard Malino as usual!! :D

-glas-

17. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Hmm , i have a favour to ask FH admins
    please dont ban forever ppl like Bombad , he is young player, and used only server bug , no obvious cheats, punish him -OK , but limited time some , come on... Few days.. weeks... should be enough + some warning for future.

Also , strange, i see brave movements against drink and bombad, what about am (alias gungun) behavior , i'm sure you dear admins u will find a lot of interesting stuff and proofs just browsing this forum.

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

@Admins
    pls make a rule:
    if smbdy cheats, give him a one TOD ban;
    if he cheats again, ban him forever;

19. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Good idea squint, start a poll maybe?

Mal

20. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

2 Bombad.

Apologies (if there was any) are not accepted.
    Becouse i find that you do not regret your actions. And i cant be sure you do not try to do somthing similar in future. :(

Maybe other admins have other point of view. They are free to unban you.

That was my personal opinion.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2003