Bug = Cheater in this GAme???

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bombad, Apr 28, 2003.

1. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Quote from FH Main page:
    Looks like that these times are come to an end.
    Im feel very sad that now we need to enforce the fair play.

But so be it.

2. bombad

bombad Well-Known Member

AК FLa... Muito obrigado por traduzir pra mim... agradeзo sua pasciencia, mas pena q em vгo pois esses caras sгo uns cabeзa dura mesmo...
    se esse "grande" administrador que й o rgreat tivesse me avisado de puniзгo eu nгo continuaria, mas nada foi feito a nгo ser punir, entгo nгo posso fazer nada!!!

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

amen.[​IMG]

4. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Claro, sу to tentando ajudar a resolver a situaзгo. Mas eles nгo sгo tгo cabeзa-dura quanto tu pensa nгo. Na verdade (IMO) vc ta sendo tгo inflexнvel quanto eles.

5. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

My two euro-cents:

To Bombad:
    - Bug-abusing is cheating. If you do not agree, fine, then we'll just call it "bug-abusing" and leave it at that, but as it says "ABUSING" it is not normal behavior. Else it would've been called "bug-USING".
    - A bug doesn't mean you can use it. I am a sports-shooter, so I can go to the shooting range and fire my gun at another person instead of at the target. I COULD do that, it is possible! But do you think the judge would accept that as a reason to kill someone? Just "because I could"?
    - People ruining the gameplay that way must be called to order. If they don't respond to that, they must be punished. 'Nuff said.
    -If you ARE banned, shut up and don't whine about it. Instead, try to get it into your cranium that wbfree is NOT a democracy! The admin giveth, and the admin taketh. If you want to get back into the game, a discussion has far better chances of succes then this whining and crying.
    - Also, I do agree with Rgreat that you have shown a remarkable lack of understanding and apologising. Remember: Apologies are NOT denying guilt, but CONFIRMING guilt and saying you'll never do such a thing again.

To Rgreat:
    - First: I am really glad you are doing something against the recent surge of cheating. Next time I'm in Russia, I'll buy you a beer! :cheers:
    - Like I said, I feel it might be a good idea to give cheaters a warning first. I know my opinion doesn't matter much, but I feel it might help avoiding episodes like this. Of course I might be mistaken and Bombad and who-was-it-again did receive a warning pior to being banned, which makes this part of my post unneccesary :) If not, it might be a good idea to do so in case actions like these become more frequent. It'll give people a chance to stop fucking around and
    - Second: perhaps it is a good idea to define a "process" of banning people, as well as a "court of appeals" where they can defend themselves. Give people a chance to redeem theirselves, or else they'll just get new nicks and become REALLY obnoxious. It might be a good idea to undo Bombad's banning, as soon as he promises to play fair from now on.

I'm willing to talk with both of you and settle this dispute if necessary. If you would like me to, send me an IM please.

6. thug

thug Well-Known Member

wtg rgreat and exec it is so good to see him gone

He used that hmack bug every chance he had. When you ask him to stop he just says something like "fuck you" in Brasil speak, also he would dare you to post here about it. I see somone took him up on his dare. Never let him back in, he doesn't deserve it.

Keep up the good work

7. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Re: .

I agree with you on this pietas. :kruto:

8. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Didn't know you were religious type... :D

Anyway, in case you were wondering what he said:

"Hey Fla, thank you very much for translating for me... I appreciate your patience, a shame it is worthless since these guys are really stubborn. If this "great" administrator that rgreat is, had warned me about the penalty I wouldn't keep doing it, but nothing was done besides punishing (me), then I can do nothing."

:rose:

9. papito

papito Guest

Hey thug

You had some time on your life when you commited a mistake????The guy was wrong everybody knows...but ask for many people who plays there if he is a bad guy...i can told he's not...and not deserve something so radical like you write...he needs a punishment?Yes,but not for ever like you pray here...
    that's my contribution...sry if i wrote something wrong....

Regards

10. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Do the crime do the time....it was premeditated....Imho the time fits the crime....

:cheers:

11. beerme

beerme Well-Known Member

Haha you sound just like "Barreta"!
    "And you can take that to the bank. Right Fred?"

12. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

Re: .

Totally agree on that one

Anyway , i think there should be a warning first, people still have the respect for FH admins , maybe not all , (gungun) but a warning from FH admin is a thing someone just can't disregard

13. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

What about respect for other players? He was warned repeatedly about abusing this bug by numerous players both on the occasion he was banned and on previous occasions in the arena when using this bug.

His reaction to these other players when warned was abusive, I don't know about you but I prefer a community (which we have, almost) where whilst there is the occasional heated argument outright abuse is banned.

My son occasionally comes online (hes 9 and not that good so he prefers offline. arcade type flying) and I have no problems with him going into the arena. I'd hate to have to stop him doing this because the attitude and language of players is offensive and he became influenced by what some people are doing (I won't let him play in the Zone for just that reason).

It's upto us, do we want bug-abusing, foul mouthed, inconsiderate, dishonest and dishonourable people to influence our community or not?

Malino

14. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

Ok, i put it another way, what if you would try to "test" this bug, you would start a hmack at a closed field or even from cv. Someone would record that fact, post it on forum , add logs from it , and the next time u try to log to FH , all you can see is a sentence like : "sorry you've been banned, don't come back here any more , find another game where you can abuse some bugs".

I know that bombad did that not only once, i'm awared he used offensive language to those who wanted him to stop. But you can always appologize for all bad words, we are just humans , we have our temptations, but we always can undo all bad things we did, atleast we SHOULD have a chance!

I do agree he should be punished, but it should be a temporary ban. Look at him now , he can't play, almost everybody is calling him a cheater , he has been discreaminated publicly, isn't it enough for a man can take? I know i would be very dissapointed and even feel damn sad when i could not play WarBirds with all u guys :shuffle:

15. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

I'd bet right now there is (or there are) a dude (or dudes) playing on FH with a transparent cockpit or some sort of hacked FE and laughing his butt off because the only ones banned so far are bombad and -drink. I find hard to believe that the only ones found cheating so far are these two guys.

Drink doesn't seem to complain much about being banned. I guess he just didn't care enough about the game. But bombad has been trying to get back in it. He cares about the game therefore he's a true Warbirder. Like it or not.

Last edited: May 1, 2003
  16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ vojtas: Im sure exec or rgreat said somewhere on this thread or another that if someones instincts caused them to look at these bugs to see what happens, they would NOT be banned. Being banned is as a result of a prolonged use of a bug, knowing that you are doing it, and being abusive when your caught doing it.

All of those things apply to bombad. Whether he should be banned indefinitely is a matter for admins, but he should have been banned, no doubt about it.

-glas-

17. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

To FH Admins.

Hi there,

I've never posted here, and is unpleasant that my first post must be about the banning of one of my squadmates. I urge you to pardon his mistake. But, on the other side i must bring some questions :

1st - have all of you noticed that bombad cant read anything in english ? How was supposed that he was told to stop ? In english i'm sure he wasn't understanding...
    2nd - there are lots of more unpleasant cheats out there, hmack abusing are not going to give you any score and is just too obvious to be clearly perceived by everyone...
    3rd - Bombad is young, we all have made some mistakes when young, capital punishiment aren't going to solve human folly...
    4th - We, Falcхes da Noite, do not agree with cheating as means of playing. It's depriving of the funny and unrealistic, to cheat is to lie to yourself. Bombad have good flying skills, is our most effective player, and sure, his skills makes him do not need to resort to cheating.
    5th - I'm sure that he learned the lesson, and we (the squad) will be sure that he will never make the same mistake again.

Thank you for providing the freehost arena to us, and for the small bit of attention you give me now. Feel free to ask us (27EVC-FN) any help you need, i'm a programmer (C,Pascal, Forth skills) and could help to solve these bugs if you need. I am sure that everyone is willing to help improve game enjoyment, as we all know, its just a game.

Best regards,
    Saddam Hussein :D
    (I'm not dead ! I'll be back ! ;))

Last edited: May 4, 2003
  18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

People with transparent cockpits!

Here's official warning and it's last one.

Cockpit CRC's are logged on server every flight.

Aike don't undertake any action on CRC-violation yet.

But when admins will begin counter measures against transparent cockpits, you'll be late to sorry already.

19. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Saddan how can we restore player if he do not regret his cheating?
    From his point of view (as he explained earlier here) he will continue to 'uncover bugs' by abusing them.
    Thats will not be allowed to happen.

20. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

rgreat,

I'm sure he was just (foolish) trying to give a excuse. But he really love this game (actually he is adicted) and will never forget these days out of the arena.

Saddam.