chute killers

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by RayV, Jul 8, 2002.

1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

It's sad there are pilots like you.

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I think we do not need more restrictions.
    We don't have to act like idiots because others do.

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Big CC to that Illo.

Let the admins solve the existing bugs and perfomrance issues before we worry about any more restrictions.

Malino

4. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Ill-fatedly i can't remember all nicks, but many times when i damaged a plane after a good fight, for avoid those good pilots to get finished by a lame on my same side, i covered my opponent till enemy territory where he was free to ditch/land, don't know how you guys you can feel, but those sorties give me much fun than get kills only.
    It happened too, that after good fights i killed my enemy, but i got heavy damages too, even if able to ditch i reached my territory, and bailed, giving to my good opponent his deserved kill followed by the usual S! :)
    modano, i have nothing against you...at least till you don't kill my shute or you finish my ditching plane damaged by someone else (that count for all JG13 pilots too)...but accept an hint, before to claim and cry against old and respectable members of this comunity...try to be part of it.

5. -boar-

-boar- Active Member

At the same time there is a kind of chute kills that has to be phased out. Those happen rather often when a pilot decides to bail whilst having a con on his 6. Yesterday, something like that, I was attacking low con N to F6. Perhaps, I have inflicted moderate damage to it, and a pilot bailed... when I was pressing my triggers hard. Just a matter of luck that not a single bullet or shell have hit him: his chute popped out right in my gunsight at D2!

6. modano

modano Active Member

None of you guys see the humor? (Read it in Drill Sgt. voice ) I thought this was a pretty funny come back to Stec's very excited reply, you know, the one with all the four letter words where he calls me a sick psycho, well, I thought I made a pretty funny comeback.

:nono: Ok, I definitely should not have blasted Stec out of the blue.

Stec, I am sorry for flaming you here on the board before I even get to know you.

As for chute killing, I've changed my mind. Not because it's "sick" or because of some noble concepts of combat, but because it's not generally accepted in this community.

The "Ghosts of Ste Mere Eglise" comment was just a teaser for those of you who know what happened there. Hopefully a few of you unfamillure with the name had a chance to look it up.

My advice, bail out low.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2002
  7. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well i had an encounter with a con who even though he had a con (in this case a red) on his tail. instead of breaking off and trying to evade. he followed my chute and fired(with bad aim might i say)at my chute until the red on his a-- killed him. now i survived, but, i must say. that really must be my first encounter with a chute killer. i have said in the past. that chute killing must not be done! and the only exception was if the chute was fireing still at you/me. that it meant that he still wants to fight, and thiefore is still game. now while i say this, it is very rare that i have had to act in this manner. but i must say, i float down enjoying my virtual sky diving and don't shoot at all. but this pilot gk-wol wanted just to kill kill kill. now i know this happened on both sides, axis and allieds. but i remember seeing a documentary of ww2 and a 109 had knocked a bomber out of the air. well some of the doomed bombers crew managed to bail out. and a p-51 pilot witnessed a 109er purposely killing the bailed bomber crew. so in his anger the p-51 pilot engaged the 109 and damaged the 109 bad enough to get him to eject. then the p-51 pilot opened up his 6 .50 cals on him as he drifted helplessly and made a cube steak out of him. now while telling this tale, i realise this horible thing happned, but i do not think it was common place. and therfore hope that newer pilots will rethink about killing chutes, i mean after all do they really want aces from FH to kill them on a chute??

8. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Hehe Modano sorry for flaming you too then ;) But I still think that killing chutes is sick - no matter IRL or in computer game.

9. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

whats this? 302nd 2nd great convention? :D

10. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

oooohhhh yeahhhh! *that* one! :shuffle: