=Elite= apology to ALL FH

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by By-Tor, Jun 15, 2002.

1. schnit

schnit Member

:)

Or perhaps my english reading will not be the very best ;-)

sorry then - i am mostly defensive ;-)

2. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

I find that ignoring people just because they don't speak your language is absurd. Because most of the players don't use only one language, I speak in spanish with spanish people, and in english with all the rest. If I enter arena, I see a spanish friend and say to him "Hola, que tal te va?" (Hi! how do you do?), and you ignore me just because of that.... then, when five minutes later I say "Gold CV in pos x.x.x" you won't see it.... or "Con Hi fxx" and you take off from that field, and are vulched because you couldn't read what i said....

Besides, in this game there are a lot more of non-english speaking people (brazilians, russians, portuguese, polish, tzech, spanish, german.....) than english speaking ones. And I think most of them/us use our on languages to speak to someone we know is from our country. Why not use a Squad channel? because we may be in different squads.... Why not a private channel? I have one of my joystick buttons set to open radio buffer, so that i don't need to use mouse during combat, if I have channel 101 selected to speak, and see a con up a spanish player, I'll say "cuidado con alto!!", no matter if it is on channel 101, or if I see a Cv, I would say on ch101 "gold CV pos x.x.x" and if asked for further directions by a spanish, I would tell him, "al sur del Fxx hombre, no es tan dificil de encontrar", all in ch101 because I wont spend time using mouse to change channels once and again.....

But, if you choose to ignore us.... your problem, I won't ignore people because of their language, if I see 2 russians/germans/polish speaking one to another in their language... well, none of my bussiness there, if they speak to me in that language, I would ask to repeat in english, spanish or french (i'm learning german and arab now :D ), if they keep talking to me in those languages, I would ask for translation to other players, and then, if they keep doing it... maybe I would ignore.

Anyway, ignore other people just because of their language if you will, it's you who will loose the great experience of knowing people from other countries, their languages, culture, way of thinking... and the position of cons and CVs :D

3. schnit

schnit Member

I like other cultures

Hey - i don´t .ignore other cultures. i .ignore other language talking members because i am in a squad and don´t need to know if others tell me cv pos or something else - my squad does that and we are doing all together - so it doesnt matter but only disturbes me while flying and talking to my squad members (u know - scroll scroll scroll... :) )

BTW - a lot of my friends are from russia, spain, poland a.s.o.

i really like other cultures and like to hear when someone is talking about his country and so on.

but u are right - i really forgot the matter of learning that languages better :)

thanks

cu

4. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Well, Schnit, fact is that one evening it was YOU who came up with a macro-spam saying something weird like "Quatscht keine Opern, Leute, haut rein!" ("Don't tell stories, guys, but go ahead!"). You repeated that multiple times and short before logging off, you did drive that to the maximum so that it filled the whole chat-page. For that you were asked to stop that shit and ppl got angry. You logged off and some 2 minutes later a guy called "spamm-" entered and the only thing he did was spamming some other shit until logging off some minutes later. Maybe that was ike then, being inspired by you. But the bottom line is that you both are just as crazy as the other one. You did also insult me and others with sexual expressions similar to ike, so you are not much better. Perhaps it gave you a special kick to insult me under a different nick being in a different squad while you were in the same squad since some days with your second (or third, or fourth?) nick as I was - well, that's already weird enough.

And now leave me alone, dweeb - I have something better to do now*. I don't need any dweebs now to argue with if they were this crazy guy or that other one who did all the same shit however.

heartc

*BTW, anyone knows what happens when you enter a CD-Rom in the drive? Are any temporary files copied to the HD? Even if the auto-read function of the CD Rom is turned off? Because anytime I JUST enter the FS2000 CD in the drive, 3 seconds later, the HD makes some strange noise, which only occurs in that case and repeats itself every 4-8 seconds - after that I have errors in c:/windows, often my whole HD is fucked up, windows won't restart after re-boot and often I even have to do format c: then because of multiple errors on C: . Anyone has an idea?

Regards
    heartc

Last edited: Jun 18, 2002
  5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

what an else should i say.
    everyone is gay. :D

6. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Wow illo, you're fast :). Would you pls re-check my posting, I have just edited it and perhaps you know what might be wrong.

CU
    heartc

7. schnit

schnit Member

l?l

Ok - in the point with thyt Hotkey sentence "Quatscht keine Oper - gebt Gas !" i have to say sorry because u were right - but thats all !

And by the way - is "dweeb" your favorite word ?
    U said that more than 20 times to me :)

Cu in the air

P.S.

This :

"*BTW, anyone knows what happens when you enter a CD-Rom in the drive? Are any temporary files copied to the HD? Even if the auto-read function of the CD Rom is turned off? Because anytime I JUST enter the FS2000 CD in the drive, 3 seconds later, the HD makes some strange noise, which only occurs in that case and repeats itself every 4-8 seconds - after that I have errors in c:/windows, often my whole HD is fucked up, windows won't restart after re-boot and often I even have to do format c: then because of multiple errors on C: . Anyone has an idea"

Does not have to been posted here !

8. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Insulting on ch100, topping that with "Hey, I'm also a member of the Black Sheep btw.", earning a "No, not for sure, there are no ppl with that bad behaviour in that Squad" by another player, leaving the arena only to enter with your second nick some seconds later and appearing on ch110 telling me "Here I am". And then that spamm shit some days later - Isn't that weird enough? For me it's enough to call your name in one sentence with ike's. YOU should better not tell me if something fits into some place or not.

heartc

9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Whilst I love FH and would like to thank the team for all there hard work. I like the "alias item" ability so I don't have to type loads of lines when I first enter the game .showdata etc. The one thing that does get my goat is people logging into FH and spamming 5-10 lines of text into the radio buffer about how wonderful they are and what a good squad they have (I'm not saying it's not true but please think of a better way to show it).

Is it not possible to limit the amount of text thrown into the buffer by FHLauncher to one or two lines? Also I don't know if anyone here uses Kali but they have a nifty feature where you can't say the same thing twice in a row (i.e. spamm).

:cheers:

Malin

Man am I moany lately or what.

10. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

"*BTW, anyone knows what happens when you enter a CD-Rom in the drive? Are any temporary files copied to the HD? Even if the auto-read function of the CD Rom is turned off? Because anytime I JUST enter the FS2000 CD in the drive, 3 seconds later, the HD makes some strange noise, which only occurs in that case and repeats itself every 4-8 seconds - after that I have errors in c:/windows, often my whole HD is fucked up, windows won't restart after re-boot and often I even have to do format c: then because of multiple errors on C: . Anyone has an idea"

Don't use micro$oft products unless you have to. Always full of weird bugs/suprises.

Hello malino,
    whine as you wish. ;)

11. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

OK, this was my solution to the problem as well so far :) - However I hoped to find a more rational one, but perhaps this is as rational as it gets as long as it has to do with micro$oft :D.

heartc

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

13. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

EXEC!!! Move this offtopic immediately to another thread!!! It is strictly forbidden to post unrelated material!!! Shame!

maybe restrict multiple lines only for chat? not lines starting with dot (commands). I have 4-5 in my autoexec.

1sec pause between shortcut presses is good idea

i`m annoyed only by people who talk to their own language to others who do not understand. Or on the other hand people who simply ignore your messages instead of saying "i dont know english" or something. I`ve seen it many times - mainly by russians. :(

Personally, I learnt to understand russian more or less (and even talk badly ;)) on this server (and forum) so I dont see why someone else cant acquire basic communicating skills? It is sort of showing your respects to the others + after all it is useful for life as well.