fh 1.52

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by rylasasin2003, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

With the advent of the quad 12mm we had, at times, up to 15 or more hmacks trying to defend a small field.

The hmack is a cop-out...save your fighter streak but damage the enemy as much as possible. Now the hmacks are going to get worse....you dont feel this will have an impact?

-glas-

2. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

One consolation.... if they go to stick controllable hmtank using one of the allocated fighter 'slots' (as per another thread), then fighter streak would be affected.

But this has pros and cons too. In order for main cannon to work, gunner firing must be enabled on the ground, which would give defence when rolling at attacked field. But it would also mean ppl could land at enemy field, and use many gunner positions to kill field.

regards, Oz

3. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

I don't see this as the case...I know a lot of ppl use hmack to fill in time while they are serving fighter restriction for being vulched at that field.

regards, Oz

4. budice

budice Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if the opposition has established air superiority over your field, you have little option but to take an hmack. Letting the opposition vulch you on takeoff repeatedly is just silly, in this case. Also the time restriction on flights come into play.

Also, if warpage is so bad you cannot fly, you can still play an hmack, though it is very hard to hit anything if warp is very bad. For about 3 months, my connection was so bad, this was all I could do. Without hmack I would have had to give up Freehost altogether. So in the last 3 months I have used hmack as much as anyone. I have yet to see me blowing planes out of the sky left and right. IMO, hmack accuracy and hitting power is about right, though I would like to see some small amount of points for kills in hmack. Asking someone to sit for 3 months and get nothing because connection to Russia sucks will not keep many interested for long. Good thing I'm an addict.

:cheers:

Budice

5. sonar-

sonar- Well-Known Member

New planes in 1.52 (may be, may be ;) ) - Beaufighter I (1940-1941), J2M, Ki44, Ki45, Ki100, D.520, Lancaster, Buffalo, etc...

6. DER-pummel

DER-pummel Well-Known Member

lol funny...in the german forum 4 month ago (in cristmas time) everybody could list 3 things that he would wish from santa to a new FH update...
    my 3 wish was
    1.add ki44
    2.add j2m3
    3.diminish the damn hispano

2 of them could be real soon,i hope.... :@prayer:

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

sonar-, я тебя за язык не тянул. :UU:

8. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Perhaps time restriction for acks could be bigger, so that one couldn't "pop-up" right away back to field once he've been killed? (even 2Ksecs maybe?) Also if acks would be radically weakened (as a vehicle, not firepower) it would help. Weren't there a problem with bomber tails and how they give too large "target area"? (Was mentioned in some thread about gun dispersion AFAIK.) Maybe it could be used in acks? Then fighterpilot wouldn't have to aim so straight, even burst in that direction would be enough...

airfax (just playing dum..) :@drunk:

9. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Very wild guess : 'Sonar, you will be my sex-slave for a week after revealing the planes before the FHLauncher's release'

:D

10. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

LOL @ cbfs!!! :D

-glas-

11. mwolf

mwolf Well-Known Member

:znaika: ok, that was nice but, ppl wouldn't be nice for a change to pass over acks contol to who ever wants to in FH 1.52 even on ships there r any hmack's
    avail. so :turret:
    and one other thing r we near second week ;)

12. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

13. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i think, stefan has to find the dispersion. so sometimes he use value too good, and sometimes too bad. (and of course he gets a lot of training to aim with hmack.)

i asked him to announce his tests on ch201 (blue). he answered
    i think, he is still waiting for the ch201 permission.

but if you see stefan at Main-Arena, you can use a different callsign to play a test-victim at a special field?

14. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

fh 1.xx or y.yy

i wait for an official anoncement :cool:
    2 weeks i don't believe in that but hope i'm wrong

15. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Regarding heavy weapon hmacks. I think, that would be a good idea. In some respect could eliminate those idiotic corpse-laying of fields in a way of dieing a second after your bomb or a second before, doesn't matter. Powerfull hmacks will force to use level bombing from higher altitudes. Yes, number of hmacks should depend on a field type: kind of 1 20 mm unit and 4 lesser for a small field; 1 37-40 mm + 3 20mm + 10 lesser for a medium field; 3 88 mm + 5 37-40 mm + 10 20 mm + 20 lesser for a large field. And instant field rebuild on capture. That will stop outnumbering in a way it happens now. 2 or even 3 times outnumbered side will have a chance to defend, because the "quantity" side always is less experienced for some reason, and all those "kamikazes" will be eliminated before they damage any structure.

16. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

if u got enouth speed u can pass low over a 40mm without be hited, no? :rolleyes:

offline it works but online the otto acks are more dangerous.

for hmack, 20 30 or 40mm, when he is busy cause too many planes, he can't do much, and it's for the hvy to drop egg enouth high

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Hmack sucks, hmack sucks, hmacks ruins the gameplay...
    4x12 hmack is dangerous enough in skilled hands, why should be bigger hmacks introduced?
    As for idea with level-bombing Vadim... sorry to say that, but have you ever hit an hmack from 1KM of alt or more (deliberatly and not by accident)??? I really doubt it. I remember hitting an hmack in dive-bomb Mosquito run, from 3k of alt... that's my absolute record and I doubt if someone can beat it (especially with this new icon settings). So pls don't argue that adding hmack will encourage level bombing... that's BS... it will only encourage those, who don't know how to fight in a fighter (examples are multiple) to spoil others gameplay.

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

im against improving hmacks too;

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

You have my vote frog. Amen to your post.

Hmacks will eventually have as much an impact, playability wise, as planes someday soon.

Shame :(

-glas-

20. Airway

Airway Well-Known Member

nice xyъ picture you have