Field AT Guns

Discussion in 'TabaHost General Discussion' started by Saddan, May 23, 2006.

1. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Can we have AT guns positioned on fields ?

Fields now have weak defenses, and was a common practice to put some AT guns (or having dual porpuse guns - Flak 36, etc) around the fields...

It could be an veeery slow moving cannon - i can arrange the model of a German Pak40 - But with a somewhat higher ROF than tank mounted ones. (Wheeled PAK40 had higher RoF than tank mounted ones).

And what about changing commandos to 120mm mortar teams ?

I tought about a feature :

If you drop paratroopers near an open field, they "morph" into drones in the following way :

1st group of 3 paras, become a 120mm Fallschirm (or AB for the reds) Mortar team, 2nd group of 4 paras become a 75mm AT gun emplacement, 3rd group of 4 paras become a Light AA emplacement, the rest, in pairs, becomes 7mm machine guns

They fall into the ground, get "killed" by the server and in the place where they "died", the server creates the equivalent drone.

So we can mount Market Garden-like operations.

The same can be made if you drop paras at a friendly field, effectively reinforcing its defences...

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

half-year ago Franz said that with some probability tank can be killed by field Flak38 88mm.
    Franz - is it implemented?

actually AAA is calculated at player's side, and server-side tanks are out of this calculation. server cannot built tracers from AA-gun to vehicle. server just can throw dices.

3. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

correct -exec-, but not implemented yet
    we are letting as it is for now since we are thinking in build a whole AI module that shall care about these things...

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

will conversate via icq about ai %)

5. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

LOL, I see a dark cloud arriving... work! its work! Run Lola, run!!

6. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

why you refuse my help ?

7. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

no one refused your help :D

8. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Ignoring is a form of refusing...

9. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

saddan, Thank you very much! Not only for your commitment providing new and great ideas for TH development but also for your time spended flying at those dangerous skyes.
    Please, be sure that your ideas are safely "filed" (sry bad english) among a big bunch of other also great ideas.
    You can be sure Myself is the responsible to document TH development (shame on me...)

This ideas will come to life when TH get more developed as we did w/ a bunch of other great ideas...
    By now, I believe franz- tryied to say to you is that:
    By now your suggestions are impossible to implement due fails at FE.
    Some people in TH developers is working in a weird kind of Artificial Inteligence (I know it is only to replace me, alemao, franz-, sonicx, -exec-, and the "others"...) that will be able to manage that complex behaviour that you suggested... when we get it up, all of those ideas will come to discussion... just in the proper time...
    :)

10. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

I can write a new inteliigence model without russian help.

The russians dont know a shit that i dont know too.

I can solve TH problems, but you keep it a close secret with a selected team.

An old brazillian proverb : Nem trepa nem sai de cima.

11. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

10ks vibora, I saved me :)
    thats right saddan, we are not ignoring your ideas. You dont have idea a lot of ideas we have archieved. All ideas are great and would bring lots of fun. I assure you your ideas wont be forgotten, but, as vibora said, is not possible to implement it yet. Our next big goal at TH is to modularize it, so we can share work, and add new branches in our project. It will be better for us that started the project and have no enought time to code every idea we and all players have, and better for WB community that will have new features added in less time :)

sorry if I made u feel ignored :)

[]'s
    franz-

12. ppedott_vibora

Saddan, this is not, IMHO, the way to achieve goals and objectives... at least, not in a team way...
    Im glad that you have skills and knowledgement to perform such complex task...
    But, we use to play (roughly) as a team... and, as a team we use to respect and listen the other members of this team.
    Most of all, we tend (due all people of the team did it) to ask before join us...
    All people is welcome to join us, but first of all, they must let me know they wants to join...
    Your behavior was very inapropriate... in 2 threads you stated a great amount of ideas... in both threads I personally replyed and commented one by one your ideas, IMHO in a polite and civilizated way, as I try to do for EVERYONE that post any thread regarding TH...
    In many threads I stated that everyone is welcome to join us in development of TH...And I still stand for it, as we have -exec- that work in DM, sonicx that work in a lot of things, mostly in documentation and behaviour models, redwing that work in a research about torpedoes power, as a lot of guys that did one or more things for TH (here some of them: http://www.meiradarocha.jor.br/index.pl/tabahost_dev)
    So I would like to invite you in the same way I invited all people that joined us untill now: Do you would like to join us in development of the server? please contact me in pvt or by ICQ 169094733. I will, if you desire, allocate you with the developer that is working in AI matters, Np... we will be glad to have one more guy at the team!

BTW:
    I dont care if you can write a line without Russian help,
    I dont care if you know more or less than anyone,
    I dont care if you think that can solve TH problems,
    I dont care if you think we are a selected team,
    I just care if the our team is working in a good way, doing great things, learning more and more, and above all, having a lot of fun, like good friends, as we are... be welcome to join, anytime

13. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Nem trepa nem sai de cima.

E o TH fica estagnado.

14. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Aqui
    http://wbbrasil.dreamhosters.com/wi...del&DokuWiki=bf7c26c8a3f44fa37a17b4e605deef0a

Eu digitei trocentas linhas de codigo sobre um modelo de voo para o servidor controlar os drones.

Um mes e NADA de resposta. Simplesmente ignoram.

Eu POSSO fazer o servidor ficar muito mais avancado, mas nao vou fazer, simplesmente pq voces nao sabem fazer, mas nao querem deixar quem saiba, fazer.

Não dao lugar pra quem quer, sabe e tem tempo pra isso...

15. ppedott_vibora

err... did you drop a letter to warn anyone that you post that at wiki?
    Not Me... I assure you.
    So if we do not know that you post something in somewhere, How in the hell you want anyone read it? for Christ sake!!!???

If you know how to do, great! congratulations! if you dont want to do, well, pitty... I think we will have to do it only by ourselves... (If community decides to do)

Did you read what I stated above?
    And understood?

Maybe it is time to you start your proper project...

And it is not true, your affirmation that we do not allow ppl to join us... ask around, or see the link I provide to you...

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

17. magox-

magox- Active Member

Escreveu, não leu? o pau comeu!

18. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

WTF HE-177 has to do with this thread exec ?

19. ppedott_vibora

magox-, please, shut up if you will not colaborate w/ discussion!!!
    :D:D:D:D

Now in portuguese only for magox-:

To brincando, é claro... mas sobre o simulão? será que não vai dar tempo de jogar? O Almirante Yamamoto tem planos grandiosos pra ti... faz uma forcinha pra aparecer, ok?

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

not he 177, but emotions :shuffle: