For biles

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jacobe, May 31, 2009.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

The woman who comes over once a month and [deleted]. I don't hate her.
    Are you referring to a Linux kernel or an OS [there are hundreds, no thousands of them and there is one or fifty that will run your P2 pc.] Can you use a P2? I can. I do. Every day. Install Compiz Fushion and then, well, then nothing, because you can't, eh?
    Ever heard of The Cloud? Nix is out there, it is as big as trees, trees haven't add agencies. The servers that control the internet aren't MS anything. They are nixes.

Approach my niece, yep. She is my niece. My sister's daughter. What are you saying?

You win.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Can you seriously blame people for not wishing to get entangled with the usability hell that is UNIX/Linux?
    I may not be as Linux-privy as you, but the 6 years or so that I've had to put up with various UNIX flavors + utterly backward desktop environments have left me with one dominant desire.

That someone would come and stamp out that entire sad excuse of an operating system and leave no trace of it ever having existed. :p UNIX? Fucking no thanks!

Okay okay, I'm exaggerating. The UNIX family has a lot of things going for it, but fuck me dead, usability is not one of them. :help:

3. rudeboy

I hate MS windows, I don't hate you

Many people have opinions about software they don't use and hardly used when they used it..... they haven't tried.
    People don't do that with automobiles....... why not?
    OH! Well, it is becuase one automobile works the same as the one next to it, they are of a standard interface. USABILITY!

USABILTY!!!!!!
    ???????
    Okay, climb into a big four wheel drive, 500 HP truck with a 25 foot long trailer being towed. I would say the usabilty is .......
    what?
    Is that machine any safer to drive around in than another truck of similar wieght and balance and load?
    yep. It is up to the user to drive with methods and technique applicable to that model of truck
    Look in the cab of the truck. See the instruments? They look different than the other models of trucks, they are setup differently. There are different ways to shift gears, to use brakes, there are different things to worry about under the hood and around the chasis.
    Would it be a better world if ford had won the battle of automobile mnufacture and marketing monopoly [they tried, yep]
    No. Right?
    Don't you like having chevies, and vovlos and toyotas and yurises and ladas and volksvagens to choose from?
    I bet you would love a number of different makes of automobile, eh?
    Notice how each of them is different and, in many ways, a LOT of difference, differences so great, that if you hopped from one to another and drove it, you might swerve off the road in one minute.
    So, should all the automobiles in the world be Louisvilles?

OSes are similar to automobiles in that there is choice. There are some really awsome cars out there. Mazerautis aren't common and they are a head-ache to maintain and they aren't very usable.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  4. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Biles. I didn't win, neither did you. <S>

5. rudeboy

I was ranting.

When you post on the forum when you are drunk, you sometimes do that too. If I remember correctly [I think I do].

I yield to my friend.
    Any time. With joy.

6. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Hey Biles, I made a song dedicated to you.

Jacobe - Rudeboys Blues.

No lyrics, just some ranting as you like to say.. ;)

7. rudeboy

Sounds good. Thanks.
    Hey, you ever heard of a guy name of Captain Beefheart?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Thanks for thanks.Yes I have but I haven't listened him.Can you recommend me a song(s) of his to listen?

9. rudeboy

Willy The Pimp
    the long version, it has some wonderful seeming chaos that isn't chaotic..... really. Some artists compose. I think this guy composed.

Trout Mask Replica
    it is insane. I love it. There were five guys in the band who ALL PLAYED SAXOPHONE. An alto* sax can sound like an elephant fart.

I know every single word to the song/Beat-poem
    Sam Was A Showing Scalp Flat Top
    'Why
    When I was young
    This black juice used to flow
    From a hard shelled kent
    They called that tobacco juice.

Sam was a showing scalp flat top
    Particular about the point it made...'

*is it alto? I can't remember...
    Go listen and then tell me

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009