How long you in WB?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Igoski., Mar 6, 2002.

?

How long you in WB?

1. Less than one year

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. From one year till two years

25 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. From two years till three years

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. More than three years

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Il-2 fm is too weird for me:) planes continue to roll after joystick is centered.(feels like flying airbus.) Combat flaps in german planes?!?!?!

Sure it looks cool. But well..box game is box game. :)

2. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

I found WB while looking around for nice, small games for my computer in download.com. I came across it by mere casualty, and then I got hooked into it.

Well, I have been in FH for about 2 or 3 months... can't remember exactly. I was flying offline about a year ago, but stopped playing a couple of months after b/c i was getting tired of just flying to land in CV, and try to kill cons in air fight. I never got really good combat; I guess I never understood the laws of E and I didn't really know any combat maneuvers.

I can't remember how I found FH, but I think I was searching for a place to download WB again. I looked around and decided to give a try... and that's how it all started =P Imagine this newbie used to easy flight, unlimited weapons, and no blackouts... My first sortie lasted about 17 seconds. The second one was about 2 mins =P So, I then came upon the forum and asked for a few tips. Help rained from everywhere! My first 'tutor' :znaika: was Ho-Hun who gave me my first "push." Then came fla, and later Odi ( :@prayer: ) invited me to jg13. Odi, promet, and 'major' zembla have given the best to help me get better and better. Thank you guys :) .
    Now that i'm thanking people... Thanks illo for showing me scissors [i don't die as often as before now ;) ], nicaee, ironmn, buenau, yellow, achtun, jg13, a lot of people from AFVS (who also kindly invited me to join their squad) and everyone else that gave me pointers, advice, or tips. I learn from every sortie that I fly from everyone that's with me. So, thanks golds for being there, and thanks reds for killing me! :dark:

I'm impressed with the friendliness of the FH community.

So far, the only things that I'm proud about in my short flight time are... a -perfect- landing on CV with no flaps, gear, or engine... and maneuver kill of illo lol... :super: but he was flying with mouse so that doesn't really count. Well, thanks again!

see ya up there soon... and please don't kill me anymore :dura:

Luis [xlife-]

3. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

sorry if i forgot anyone.. and for the lengthy post.

Here's my desktop picture:

Attached Files:

4. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

..oh yes it counts, i just had killed 3 of your fellow reds.

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

btw! jagd and viks showed up the other day.. at the same time! ahhh the good ol p39 huntin' days :)

6. muzzl-

muzzl- FH Beta Tester

nic just find me in arena and my p39 is at your service ;)

7. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

you connect too few times..! whenever u connect, yes your p39 will be at my service :D

8. Flubby

Flubby Well-Known Member

Hi

i first started playing WB in februrary 2001 on the german server. After it was closed i changed to the FH-server. I wish to say a big thx to all people which make this possible :@prayer: . It´s the greatest game i ever played (an i have played many fly-sims :))

Flubby

check your six

9. CBFASI

CBFASI Active Member

Well I started only a few months ago, think it was November 2001.

Friend kept on saying you will enjoy it so try it. Having never played a game on-line, I was not exactly relaxed but thought I give it a go.

Well I got hooked within 1 hour. Flew some missions with my friends (who btw are now extremly rare on wb-fh) and then started to enjoy flying the ju52. :joystick:

As I was flying at relatively late hours (by gmt standards) I got noticed by the 'Bogeymen' who introduced me to the great art of raids and Ju52 work. :flyer:

Occasionally when on at a more reasonable time I would fly with Whiske who soon spotted my skills and asked if I would join GCVG. I accepted and have been flying GCVG since. I still enjoy flying the transports as although its slow and almost defenseless it is a challanged to fly when cons are around. To survive takes skill or great co-operation. :mafia:

CU in the Air and Hopefully not on my 6.

10. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Since November 1998.

11. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

[​IMG]

Here is nice P39 profile for you.
    Question is, who is the pilot?

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

just a wild guess:
    rechkalov?
    pokryshkin?
    sultan amet-khan?
    karmin?

13. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Hint: count stars :)

14. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Rechalov me thinks.

Btw. Any pictures of Khubovs(sp?) p-39? I've read pokryshkin comment that he was the best p-39 pilot.

15. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

pokryshkin perhaps?? a true elite?? i read somewhere that he convinced many of his squad mates to use his tactics.

16. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

No, it's not pokryshkin's plane.
    Rechalov, im pretty damn sure it's his.

17. Igoski.

Igoski. Well-Known Member

18. Igoski.

Igoski. Well-Known Member

The letters on a fuselage are initials of the pilot.
    Rechkalov Grigoriy Andreevich. (Р.Г.А)

19. arndt-

arndt- Member

Actually I don't remember when I first downloaded wb... but i'm flying online since september (i hadn't played much before - offline game was boring :( and ien too expensive :nono: ), so I can say I'm flying yaks :flyer: for only 7 months.

20. -lynx-

-lynx- Member

Late 1995 - early 1996. Can't remember which version was it, before D9 was introduced. I bought my first Pentium PC in 1995 - P75 :), paid a fortune for just released 28.8 modem and off I went on a search of adventure :flyer:. Was crashing non stop trying to avoid planes taking off/landing from the same strip until someone explained that friendly collisions were disabled... :D