I am sorry!

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by hezzey, Dec 28, 2022.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I miss what I can read in here when I can read it. It seems that there are less and less that is English.
    Peace to all of you, my brothers of old

2. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Thank you. Unfortunately, it won't be soon. This forum is mostly Russian speaking. But now the entire "golden billion" is against us.

3. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

If you really interested, you could post in Russian offtopic and use google translate browser plugin to read our posts.

It works quite good.

hezzey and Flk like this.
  4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

No wonder.
    This forum is long since dominated by Russian chauvinists.
    Just following the 3 Russian language topics I do follow (although my command of Russian is rather poor) makes me wanna puke.

As far as the advice from rgreat (one of the biggest chauvinist pigs there are here) is considered - DeepL is far better at translating anything than google translate (just a tip).

Red Ant, hezzey and vasco like this.
  5. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

You talk about it as if it was something bad :)

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

It seems Putin doesn't give a fuck about that.

7. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Well, chauvinism IS bad by definition - maybe except in your dear ruSSia.

Really wondering now, how do you manage in Czechia? Do you speak your mind about the special operation with your colleagues and acquaintances?
    Does anyone frown at you because your ideas?
    Do you have to dilute them down, so you can express your feelings?
    I'm asking you these out of genuine curiosity and would appreciate a detailed answer.

Red Ant likes this.
  8. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

That was a translated joke, probably too local to understand.
    BTW, the perfect example of chauvinism is modern Ukraine. Or Estonia... But not Russia.

It's easy, I follow the main rule - don't speak about politics at work. At all. Colleagues do the same.
    I have friends for that.

hezzey likes this.
  9. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Thanks

10. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

That is a very good answer and a great idea and I hope it works. Thank you very much.

11. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

What is a golden bullion??

12. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  13. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

14. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Of course the russians are looking for culprits abroad.
    In fact russia is spoliated by it's own power elite. Except in their alternative reality, where every good thing is russian and every bad thing is Western.

-frog- and hezzey like this.
  15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

But that's how ruSSia treats "justice".
    Have you seen court reports from ruSSia?
    They keep the accused in cages!

It so happens that I do participate in criminal court proceedings in Poland, from time to time.
    If the Prison Police ever forgets (they sometimes happen to), and the accused is still handcuffed in the courtroom, the accused usually raises their cuffed arms to show that the proceedings cannot begin.
    In Poland the court proceedings assume innocence of the accused, so the moment they enter the courtroom they shall be set free.
    In ruSSia you're deemed guilty the moment the state started dealing with you.

That's a huge difference.

Hell - I was at the local district prosecutor's office recently - they've uncuffed the suspect before they brought him to the district prosecutor (to present the charges) - although it was not required by the Polish code of criminal procedure.

16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

The ruSSian Police behaves like the old Militia here, before the revolution. Abusing punks, the lowest in the hierarchy of those having power, always asking bribe. The dirtiest and the most stupid. Violent, inhuman, with absolutely no thought for human rights.

Today, traffic cops here are even afraid to mention bribe. So am I offering, always having to use double entendre to kick off the discussion. Fortunately I rarely need to.

17. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Biles, the world IS changing. To us here, Ukraine is close and so is the ruSSian invasion.
    We have Ukrainian refugees living among us. At my folks' place there's an Ukrainian family with three young kids living in the same building. Refugees from Odesa, Russian speakers that Putin wanted to "liberate". My folks talk to them all the time, with google translate, because of the language barrier. It's difficult to talk like this, but they all need to.

I spoke over the phone with an old Ukrainian acquaintance. Asked him how was he, how was his family. He said that he was in Kiyv and there were always air raids, but that his family was safe in Romania. When he said that both him and myself felt relief, that they're safe.

At the start of the invasion, a lot of people here helped the refugees. Sent goods and food, housed Ukrainians. A huge number of young, even adolescents, went to the railway stations to be of help to arriving refugees.
    Now they're here, perhaps some will remain for the next year. I doubt many will stay for good, but who knows? Certainly a lot of bridges were built between Ukraine and Romania. Two neighboring peoples that were absolute strangers before the invasion.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  18. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

New year's eve bombing of Kiyv by ruSSia. Dead and wounded civilians. A hotel and residential buildings were hit.
    Is humanism too local for you to understand, maybe?

19. Stefan

Stefan FH Beta Tester

Чё? Атаку Севастополя в Новогоднюю ночь не заметили? А ведь предупреждали. Не рыпайтесь в НГ. Прилетит.

20. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Sevastopol is still Ukrainian territory even if under occupation by ruSSia.