Idea to discourage lopsided roster

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

It gets pretty old always having reds outnumber golds 3 : 1 (or vice versa, depending on which side Ghost in the machine / 302nd / etc. happen to fly for in that particular TOD). The worst is when the numerically superior side steamrolls the other side in such a way that they are cornered with their backs to the wall, i.e. only having a few remaining fields with hordes of cons overhead. The poor bastards can barely lift off the ground without getting shredded to pieces.

Here's the idea. If the roster is something like 3 : 1 or worse AND the inferior side has only a few remaining fields (say 6 or so), temporarily disable field capturing. This would have 2 benefits:

• It would give the numerically inferior side some breathing space since it would prevent them from losing so many fields that they don't have anywhere to roll from. They'd still be pressured by the superior side, of course, but the side with numbers would have to spread out over more fields to suppress the inferior side.
    • Since no fields can change hands while the restriction is in effect, those people interested in field capture missions would be encouraged to even out the roster to lift the no-field-capture restriction.

I haven't thought about the exact ratio reds / golds and the number of remaining fields at which the restriction should be applied yet, but generally speaking, what do you think of this idea?

2. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I guess the result would be humungus furball over the "non-captivitant" fields...

:D

3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

:super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

4. Red Ant

Perhaps so ... but wouldn't that still be better than the inferior side getting gangbanged to hell and back?

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

well ant, the prob is, most of the guys who cap fields are working for reset
    they wont just change side to recap the same fields for opposite side

some limitation might work, for example with ros 3-1 if you couldnt roll on the outnumbering side that would even the chances

but making rules like this wont fix the problem, ppl would leave and wait for better ros
    just leave the things they are now, if you dont enjoy flying without enemies, you will change side, if not, ull get bored - your choice
    and some players even like to play badly outnumbered :p

6. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

Better is to make shoter time for rebuild ground targets.
    For example:
    1:1=2K
    1.5:1=1.8K
    2:1=1.5K
    2.5:1=1.3K
    3:1=1k
    more then 3:1=0.6K

7. bot

bot Well-Known Member

good idea

Good idea that would drive the hordes batty...........

I have always wanted to make a "underdog squad" just for times of total dweebery with the 3vs1 rosters or when whole squads want to pratice their spit flying(oh wait I already said dweebery)........

8. Red Ant

Bot, when the 302nd guys went red, they practiced FORMATION FLYING ... they didn't fly combat sorties. I was attached to al watching them form a V formation near a field far from the action.

Can we please f***ing stop constantly accusing each other of all kinds of things for a while?

9. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i don't like this situation too.
    but i understand, that many pilots switch to the other side, to get a reset soon.

10. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Humungus furballing is always a good thing.

The solution is complex. There are the ones who are going for the reset. There's the group going for the vulch-fest and the ones to rack-up some points on their score cards.

Some sort of non-linear solution could address all the concerns.

11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Re: good idea

I pitty you. I used to have respect for you when you were just flying and keeping your wide mouth shut. maybe you should get back to that...

We're practicing formation flying to commemorate our friend Pedzel, who has died recently.

Now shut the fuck up.

Pretty please with cherry on top.

12. bot

bot Well-Known Member

al I have never disrepected you.........in fact I have never seen your handle before until just the other week..........yet you feel the need to do it to me here, you sound just like any other internet toughguy, talk all the shit you want here, in person you wouldn't say "boo" so save me the act, you are not going to intimidate me here or anywhere and as far as "used to have respect for," and far as i can tell there has not been one shred of respect giving to me here at this forum................

I am not the type of guy to turn the other cheek, but I try......

If you remember, when you guys switched to red, I asked why and I got a smart ass answer from amator who said....."because," I am a lot of things but I am not a mind reader............You and your squad mates had enough time to be smart asses, but no time to tell me your real reasons.......so what do you expect?

13. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

Hello All,
    I wish reds and golds could be even all the time but I don't think this is possable. At the time i started the ghosts squad, 302 was the biggest active squad in the arena so my decision was to fly opposite them to try and balance numbers. Since then the turks have grown to be the biggest squad i think so when 302 and turks are on the same side,,, it is a run-a-way.
    I am not sure what the answer is. I like the balance also but it rare when it happens lately.

1 person likes this.
  14. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I had a long break from flying here, though I do remember you from a few years back, but that it not important.
    Yesterday I'd gladly hit you in the face after reading your post, though I'm normaly not the person to go into fight arguments...

As for why I didn't tell you, I'd never think you'd make such an issue out of it to go calling names our entire squad... Nobody else asked us about it, and nobody chose to call us dwebs because of it.

And as for the reason it is not easily stated for me just yet, I think you can understand that.

15. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

It was training for memorial flight.

16. bot

bot Well-Known Member

Do not threaten me, it is laughable to see you write that here on the internet hahaha

everyone else knew except me.... wtf?!?!? you guys were able to tell everyone else and I came out and directly asked you guys.....................I'll chalk your outbursts up to emotional distress.............

as for punching me in the face, I'll be in France for the summer, you can come over and I'll buy you a beer......after that you decide

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  17. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

not worth the bother

both talking to you and punching you

good day

18. bot

bot Well-Known Member

then stop posting, you are like my wife, always needs the last word.......

19. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

last word?

she better had the last punch...

20. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Re: last word?

I prefer ledada's last word LOLOL