Latewar planes available with streack only

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Odisseo, Jun 1, 2003.

1. devill

devill Well-Known Member

Right on Hohun! We need changes.

Anyway, what is left of your precious gameplay when sides are divided 80:20 (gold supremacy or red, it doesnt matter which)

2. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Let's restrict latewar planes by number of fields captured :D

3. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Devill,

>Right on Hohun! We need changes.

Thanks for your support! :)

>Anyway, what is left of your precious gameplay when sides are divided 80:20 (gold supremacy or red, it doesnt matter which)

If the status-quo defenders were seriously concerned about fairness, they'd be all pro balanced streak restriction now :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Please remember the 'imo' bit Ho-Hun.

Your definition of fairness differs greatly from others ;).

-glas-

5. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

A bit f**king hard to get a streak and be happy when you're outnumbered 80-20.

I'd word it more like:

Reward streaks, and the side with numerical advantage will be pissing themselves with laughter.. Give them better planes, and not only will they have numerical advantage but technical advantage making them unbeatable.

Mal

6. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Glas,

>Your definition of fairness differs greatly from others ;).

The point is that the streak restriction offers a solution to a problem that the "status quo" advocates choose to ignore - side imbalance.

Side imbalance means the game we're playing now is unfair.

So if your interest in fairness is genuine, how can you oppose the balanced streak restriction?

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

7. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Malino,

>A bit f**king hard to get a streak and be happy when you're outnumbered 80-20.

Did you actually read my suggestion?

- LOWER THE BASIC STREAK NECESSARY FOR ЬBERPLANE ACCESS FOR THE OUTNUMBERED SIDE ACCORDING TO THE FORCE RATIO. THE REQUIRED STREAK WILL BE:

- FORCE RATIO >=1.00:1 - STREAK 3
    - FORCE RATIO >=1.25:1 - STREAK 2
    - FORCE RATIO >=1.50:1 - STREAK 1
    - FORCE RATIO >=2.00:1 - STREAK 0

That means as soon as it gets to 40:20, you won't even need a streak to get Ьberplane access if you're flying for the outnumbered side.

For the numerically superior side, everything will remain normal so that you can expect about 20% Ьberplanes. That will give a final breakdown of:

- Outnumbering side: 40 planes, 32 normal, 8 ьber
    - Outnumbered side: 20 planes, 0 normal, 20 ьber

Quite obviously, that means the outnumbered side will be able to field quality against quantity. Even if you hypothetically allow for 40% Ьberplanes on the numerically superior side because it's easier to keep your streak with an advantage, the effect improves balance:

- Outnumbering side: 40 planes, 24 normal, 16 ьber
    - Outnumbered side: 20 planes, 0 normal, 20 ьber

Currently, it's 40 Ьberplanes versus 20 Ьberplanes, which certainly means worse conditions for the outnumbered side in any case.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Until I read your reply to Malino, I wasnt aware that the restriction would not have such an effect on the outnumbered side. Allowing this setting does make it fairer.

Regardless, my point was simply from our earlier discussion about what is 'fairness' and the fact it has 2 completely different meanings to each of us, in respect of the restriction. But we wont go in to that again...

Some aspects of the restriction do appeal to me. Crazy flying seems to be the norm these days and if it has an effect on that then it would be a major plus. But the fact remains that there are possible downsides to it also, and these have imo been brushed aside with twisted words and quotes. That is what has enraged me so much about this 'discussion'.

-glas-

9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

LOL, easy to win an argument when you keep refining your answers to cover the "gray" areas raised.

First I've heard of that one in that form, I think it was Odi who suggested something similar to this but in a different way.

Thats the problem with a 34 page thread you can't remember 33 pages of it.

Mal

10. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Malino,

>LOL, easy to win an argument when you keep refining your answers to cover the "gray" areas raised.

Actually, I consider it an examplary case of listening to the opposition, understanding their motivation and presenting a new and improved proprosal that is going to appeal to them :)

And it's not about winning or losing an argument, but about improving Freehost gameplay as a whole.

>Thats the problem with a 34 page thread you can't remember 33 pages of it.

No problem, I had found some opportunities to blunder too :)

You can adjust page length under "user cp" by the way - I got 'only' 13 pages, making it a bit more convenient to read.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)