Man, I hate my country

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Perdomo, Jun 6, 2005.

1. visk

visk Well-Known Member

I am curious... how much you pay for the fuel in your country?

In Brazil: (average prices)

gasoline: US$0,90 per litre
    ethanol: US$0,60 per litre
    natural gas: US$0,40 per m3

2. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Gasoline 89.9p per litre ($1.52ish)
    Diesel £1.02 per litre ($1.86)
    Unleaded 84.3p per litre ($1.53)

Theres a big range of alternative feuls now biofuels, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, battery-electric, hybrid-electric and fuel cell-electric vehicles.

London Buses are being converted to hydrogen, Taxi's are mostly hybrid etc.

Mal

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Malin, you are being shafted big time if you are paying those types of prices. I have not heard one single story yet of the £1 per litre level being breached.

Diesel up here is approx 88p. Are you sure your not quoting the price for the 'high quality low sulphur' type stuff that is generally 10p per litre dearer?

4. visk

visk Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention diesel, because in Brazil private cars cannot use diesel. Only buses, trucks and similar vehicles.

All brazilian gasoline are unledead. But all have 23% of ethanol.

We have some types of gasoline, with different octanas and additives for cleaning the engine:

Standard: gasoline with normal octanas and no additives (cheapiest)
    Shell V-Power: Normal octanas, cleaning additives
    Shell Supra: High octanas, cleaning additives
    Texaco Aditivada: normal ocatanas, cleaning additives.
    Esso aditivada: like Texaco aditivada
    Ipiranga Super: like texaco aditivada
    Petrobrás Premim: High octanas, cleaning additives
    Petrobrás Podium: Very High octanas, cleaning additives, special refinement (few benzene and sulphur)

...and 2 ou 3 more, i dont remember. The standard is US$0,90 per litre, others, between US$1,00 and US$1,50 per litre. Some people prefer to buy standard and to put additives bought in supermarkets, etc.

I prefer Petrobrás Supra or Shell V-Power. The best is the Petrobrás Podium, but it is expansive (+- US$1,50). Petrobras says: "Is the best and the purer gasoline of the world" (True?? Lie???)

The main problem is: Some gas stations "bad guys" owners corrupts gasoline... The gas stations must have test kits and to test gasoline any time that the consumer to ask for, but the majority of the consumers forgets this... (consumers are lazy... including myself)

In my city, 3 gas stations already had been litigated or closed for this reason... and 1 owner was arrested... big circus!

In some cities, there are experimental vehicles that use hydrogen, biodiesel, mamona oil and other "exotic" things. But not in large scale.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  5. --maty

--maty Well-Known Member

Boroda, you forget about Russian Roads... Actually, the roads in Moscow city are not so bad, but step aside of town and you are can't find roads... We even have kind of saying about roads "There are no roads in Russia, there are only directions".
    BTW those militia solder are from "Bercut" (Golden Eagle) division. Ordinary people under loud name.

6. visk

visk Well-Known Member

"Ruin in minds.
    Possession of Russian spelling is as possession кунг-фу, the present masters do not apply it needlessly"

--Maty, just testing a Russian-English translator... its ok? :cool:

I would like to learn Russian to read the some interesting sites in this language (like the very good sites about programming, Russians are excellent programmers, maybe the best of the world), but the characters scare! :)

Oh man... my english is poor, even my portuguese is not very good... imagine in Russian...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  7. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

you only must learn a few words, you know what i mean ;)

8. visk

visk Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but i need to change the subject... But you will understand, i presume! :)

Russian models are the new sensation in Rio Fashion Week and São Paulo Fashion week... Oh My God.... what girls!!! Very, very, very beautfull!!!

Sasha Pivovarova, Freja Beha, Valentina Zelyaeva, Inguna Butane, Natasha Polly...

The brazilian midia says: "The new war: Russian Models x Brazilian Models"...

Man, a very nice war!!!!

enjoy it!

http://www.fashionrio.org.br/
    http://www.fashionrio.org.br/_eng/gallery.htm#
    http://www.notricks.com.br/fashion_rio/1dia/6_f.htm
    http://www.erikapalomino.com.br/moda/tendencias/index.php?md_tend_id=904
    http://www.notricks.com.br/index.html

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

OMG, that's a war I like to fight :D

Damn, I don't want to think about it :)

I don't know so much about Brazil, more about Portugal. Have you ever heard this lady sing (she's an ex-punk rocker from Lisboa!)? http://www.madredeus.com

My God, she is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wim Wenders featured them in his film Lisbon Story, a very beautiful film...

I would gladly die for this woman!!!! Fado-inspired stuff.

10. --maty

--maty Well-Known Member

OK, just look at my version:
    "Ruins are in the minds" but it is only first part of saying... the whole saying is "Ruins are in the minds, not in the streets"
    "Possession of Russian orthography is like a possession of kung-fu(karate or whotever), the real masters don't use it without needs."
    As you see the translator is not bad...

11. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Well, back from my last week trip through Spain... I was at this hotel (I have to travel a lot because of my job), having dinner and watching TV and there was this show, you must have one like that on your countries (I know there is something like this in france for sure), where some kids want to go to some academy of singing/dancing and become famous. Here in spain it is called "operacion triunfo" (operation success). Anyway, this 16 year old girl was singing in the trials, to see if she was going to be accepted in their shitty academy and become easily the new media sensation... whatever.

She was singing quite well, in french, a song you may know, it is called "La vie en rose", an old tune from Edith Piaf I think. After some seconds (20-30 secs), one of the guys in the jury, a middle-aged man, asked her "why are you singing a french song from the 50's? now, in the year 2005?" I was really angry... I mean, the question could have been asked because of simple curiosity, but no. You could feel the reproach in the voice of the guy in the jury. He wasn't asking, he was telling her that was a bad choice, that he didn't liked it... why it drove me mad? because the reason why he didn't like the song weren't that she was singing bad, or that the song is not a good one... the reason why he didn't like it is that it was an old song. I was mad because what this guy was telling her is "you are a young girl, you should sing something from ricky martin, shakira, britney spears... you shouldn't even know that song from that old french woman".

We are living in a society where most old things are forgotten, where nobody cares to listen to old people, where old books or old songs are no longer seen as culture... when I say that I like music from the 60's or the 70's there's always some shitty youngster saying "lol! that is sooo old!" yes. so? wtf, led zeppelin or deep purple or queen or dire straits are much better than most of the modern groups playing on the radio....

I would love to have a 70's porsche, it's line is great, I like actresses like Rita Hayworth or Katherine Hepburn, books like "l'etranger"... anyway...

I guess I'm just an idiot for remembering.

12. visk

visk Well-Known Member

I agree! i love a lot: Zep, Purple, Yes, Crimson, Who, Kinks, Stones, Beatles, Zombies, Cream, Blue Cheer, Shocking Blue, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, etc etc and old brazilian rock icons, like Mutantes, Rita Lee, Raul Seixas, Secos & Molhados... Only Old thigs, heheheh

Man... and i love... LPs!!! My friends says: "You is a heretic!" LPs are not manufactured nowadays, then i need to look for in "record´s museums" (stores of old things). I collect LP´s cover too... Bizarre! And, Its hard to find needles and capsules (cartridges) for LP´s players (pick-ups) also... But nobody understands the pleasure of regulating pick-ups... to try, to experiment, the sound of different capsules (cartdriges)... to try the several magic potions to clean the LPs, etc... In the compact disc age, just plug and play...

Hmmm.... the wonderfull pinups and bombshells... Jayne Mansfield, Marlyn Monroe, Betty Grable, Paulette Goddard... The Alberto Vargas pinups... and Porsches, Ford Mustangs, Corvettes...

And... Zekes, Tomahawks, Mustangs, Thunderbolts, Messerchmits, Spitfires, Focke-Wulfs, Lags, Yaks, :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Eddiev

Eddiev Well-Known Member

Hey, some pics from my City, São Paulo (The biggest Brazilian City)

Map Location:

[​IMG]

Aerial View (Wow man, that's Huge!!! :D)

[​IMG]

14. freya

freya Well-Known Member

oh my good!!! What chaos!!!!

15. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

god? what god? weren t you atheist? :D

16. freya

freya Well-Known Member

Oooops!!! I forgot it xDDDD

17. Perdomo

freya, nice sig. Btw : "pez que lucha contra la corriente.... muere electrocutado" de los inclitos, los maravillosos, los de los dedos de oro..... "Les Luthiers"! (algun otro fan por ahi?)

18. visk

visk Well-Known Member

I dont like huge cities...

i dont like São Paulo, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Campinas, Rio de janeiro, etc... ok, Salvador and Rio are very beautfull, but are very huge too, with terrible trafic, lots of people everywhere, high-speed style of life, favelas, poor people, etc... i dont like it... Good to visit, but not to live.

Well, well, some friends dont agree... They loves big cities, they loves the good jobs, night clubs, huge shops, excellent restaurants, lots of shows, speed, adrenaline, etc.

I could be making much more money, if i would to live in these cities. But I prefer the excellent quality of life of the lesser cities. I dont have a de luxe car on my garage, i dont have money to travel a lot, but i have my nice house, my friends, my cats and sometimes i go to the my city little airport to take a nice fly (i love gliders). Its ok for me! :)

19. Perdomo

Last two years I was living in france, in a small town. Papers to make? at the local administration anything could be made in just one day. Feel like walking to your job? no problem. Some sport after work? or a movie? no problem, you could just be there 15 minutes after work. I had plenty of time, I filled my day with different activities, I made sports, everybody was kind, people would stop to let you cross the street, everybody would say "hello", and "have a nice day"... no noisy neighbours... it had some problems, it is true, it was really difficult to make real friends, but life was easy and comfortable... Now, back to my country and city, I spent more than 1 hour a day in my car to go to work, nobody is polite, everybody is pressed... for me it's clear, the time to make some experience that helps me find another job, earn some money, and I'll be moving again, to a small town.

20. Perdomo

oh! and here in my hometown bureocrats seem to be determined to make our lives living hell... takes months to do anything, change any paper or whatever...