Me-262?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jochen, Jul 21, 2002.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

I LOVE -illo-'s idea for plane-type limiter.Those of you that hate the 'quaker' style I think would like it too as I think we would see more pilots trying for at least a small streak to be able to get the newest ride. If streak ends you need to fly a 'commom' plane again to get a 5 streak and pick a newer mount. Hmmm, sounds kind of interesting and I think it would add more challenge and inspiration to the sim.Also I think it adds more realism as only a veteran would be offered the latest planes off the production lines. Perhaps this deserves its own thread and a vote? :kruto:

:cheers:

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Please explain. Short sighted? How?
    Besides the problem? How?

Why would semi-realistic amount of each plane type be shortsighted?

Wasnt 262s units formed of best pilots available? Didnt good planes go for best pilots first?

Note everyone has change to fly every plane type. Better you perform earlier it will be. This courages for people for better flying.

Are you thinking im good pilot and consider these rules as selfish way to get best plane for me, but not most of FH pilots?

Ask yourself.
    How many times I have seen illo in 262?
    How many times i have seen illo in 190d9?

Hey, I fly 109e when others use their brand new 109fs with some extra climb. I usually fly 190a8 when others take 190d9s and k4s in air.

Im simply after more realism. 262 wasnt everybodys plane, so most other planes when introduced. Majority of pilots would allways fly other than newest new.

3. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

I laughed so hard

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

-Pilots, Admins, Hackers and Whiners

WARNING TO ALL... go make some :@popcorn: this is a long post!

Yes, aren't they wonderful! :shuffle: ...And they WORK in the hands of a competent pilot.

If you want to cry about being out numbered or the odds go ahead. It is beside the point. ...maybe if the 262 was out for more than 8 hours once a month it would not be such a hot ticket to fly (this is a problem the RUSS FH created).

Wah wah there are too many of you. boo whooo

...and you know when your down to 1 or 2 fields you get vulched. No matter what time in the war... no matter what color you are.
    If you dont like it... dont take off. NOW I'm not saying I like it... but is a fact on FH.

Not true... there are many pilots here who either dont care about scores... live'n or die'n or there are those who dont have the disipline to Boom and Zoom with the jet.
    ...now sure there are some good pilots here too. Learn :rtfm: to deal with them and how to combat a B and Z attack.

Hey, now I'm sorry you don't like getting BOOM and ZOOMED... next time you are in a MUSTANG (or whatever) diving on a ZERO you know how it feels. ..it is MUCH the same kind of fight.

Well I guess you can't read. I gave 10 suggestions... there are more... some unlisted are even better. Your problem.

I NEVER recomend HO against any fighter... if you value your score, your "life" in the game... HO is too risky and takes little skill...
    is mostly for newbies or people who dont know better.

Again... I'm sorry you dont like getting BOOM and ZOOMED learn to defeat that type of attack.

...in a boom and zoom fight... when you are the slower plane... although, there are some things you can do... you are not in control (when the B and Z done right).
    Sorry you dont like that.

...and you know what... sometimes. JUST SOMETIMES the best you can do is aviod the attack and live to fly home. YOU can't beat everyone every time.
    Your not that good. None of us are. The BEST pilots here know when it is time to walk away and live. (Listen to Kenny Rogers "The Gambler") :mafia:

Sure... grow up. ... You know, I have taught more than 30 people how to fly WB and many of those from scratch. I mean, I spent HOURS and HOURS :znaika:
    ...and I did that all for free. I would even give you some lessons, BUT it will cost you... because, to put up with you it is not worth teaching you for free.

Sorry you cant always be on the offensive... that is life pal. I DID give some offensive Ideas... but let me say again....
    in a BOOM and ZOOM fight... when you are in the slow plane.... blah blah blah read above.

I dont know what to say about your :dunno: marksmanship... maybe you scattered you bullets? MY experience with the 262 on the RUSS FH is that it is pretty fragile...
    many stories about 1 ping 2x 50 cal hits the take out engine... blah blah.

I mean, I have put over 300 7mm in a spit and it flew away... I have Pilot killed people with only 2x 7mm too... that's life. To improve the odds with gunnery
    study how it works... focus your fire at the set convergence distance on ONE part of the plane... dont spray and pray scattering you damage.

Each gunnery event is unique and had many factors.

I'm SURE it makes little sense to you... let me explain it again with little words.

YOUR Idea to restrict the number of 262's to the percent of 262's that were in actually service in WWII... is OK... but
    lets do that to ALL the planes to be FAIR. (I think it's not a bad idea as long as made avail as was in real life '44)

OR BETTER YET... MY idea... ALL players start TOD in the lowest/oldest planes possible. Then as you prove yourself (get a kill or two)
    ...you progress and are permitted to fly the next plane up the ladder and so on.

Here is an example for you... First you fly the I-153... then once you get a kill or two... you get to fly the I-16... then the HURR... and so on.

OR MY FAVORITE... make it very real... RANDOM planes issued on RUSS WB FH! IRL MOST pilots did NOT (and still do not) get to choose their planes!!!!
    They were assigned a plane. Sure most Americans would have loved to fly the P-51 in WWII... but they did NOT get to choose
    Many pilots had to fly the DC3 or a PBY or the TBF or B-24.

ok here is you message.. let's read it shall we

Then I'm sure you dont kill ZEROs in your Mustangs and P47's! Because this would be cheating. LOL you are a funny guy. TOO much advantage LOL

Now if you want to talk about UNFAIR advantage... lets talk. When Imagic Online set the original "STOCK" balance to the game (which was already RED {allied}
    bias...cause let's face it the American planes are modeled little UBER ) ... the GOLD team (AXIS) had fewer planes....
    but also they had the BEST turning plane ie. the ZERO. Well the GOLD team also had the FW-190 and the Jet which were
    the Fastest planes... but then the Russian FREE HOST team "GOD BLESS THEM" added some planes and features and this changed that balance.

NOW the balance is out of wack... not only are there more red planes than gold... but the RED (allied) side has 3 planes that out turn a Zero...
    The typhoon and others are faster than the GOLD planes much of the time and so on... the release time for the 262 was pushed back to only 8 hours in real time!
    If you are a GOLD.. for most of the war you can count on either being unturned by the red planes or out run by them...
    but MOST of the time the RED planes can do both. It is like fighting with 1 arm tied behind your back. I think it makes you a better pilot though.

OK you got me going! lets talk more about balance...

I dont remember Allies having V-1's in WWII that is funny. I guess red firing one is cheating! lol

LI2 carries many more paratroopers... (yes I understand the DC3 is a better, bigger plane but lets talk about balance)... ok when you fly the LI2 you
    should only drop 9 instead of 14 paratroopers cause according to your reasoning... it would be cheating to drop all 14. LOL

..oh screw :UU: it. I'm not going to go here again. It is a waste of time. You don't need to be a Brainiac to see what is going on with the balance and
    that the RUSS free host seems to be bias. ..BUT it is THEIR host! they have the right to BIAS it as they wish... and it is FREE.

When I ran a small private 2.70 host I'd only get 10-30 people on it at a time... it is much more fun to have the 30-100+ targets like I now find at WB RUSS FH :turret:

This post has got to long... better cut it off.

Well --stec you have provided me with at least 30 minutes of free entertainment and for that I thank you... to all others I hope you laughed I hard as I did!

:D

-hrtman

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

:D Laughter is the best medicine

"I laughed.
    I cried.
    It became a part of me."
    -- Selma Diamond

5. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

A great and definitely BIG post, not a post but a Bible lol

6. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I killed a jet yesterday. I was flying a p47d alone in a sky full of them (5), killed one. Easy prey.
    Why the hell you whine so much about it ?

7. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Hi hrtman,

Restriction for all planes - good BUT you have said:

'Here is an example for you... First you fly the I-153... then once you get a kill or two... you get to fly the I-16... then the HURR... and so on.'

Not that fast ;-), what is the Hurricane doing among the Russian hmmm... crap? How can you imagine me flying I-16? Look at my avatar ;-))

Restrict planes but don't make stupid mixtures like Anglo-Russian Airforce ;-)

Greetings, lol and cya.
    Daedal

Last edited: Jul 22, 2002
  8. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Hartmn, you're a really funny guy! This will be long answer to your long post. Btw I had to calm down for good 5 minutes before writing this because nothing pisses me off more than a newbie giving obvious advices mixed with clear nonsense with that mentor tone of yours.

Oh thank you very much! :D Being such an incompetent pilot I'm so grateful for the precious advices of an old ace master! :@prayer: :dura:

I don't think so. Before introducing limit to 262's use 80% pilots were changing sides to gold only to fly jets. And don't tell me they did it to check "how it is to fly a jet", you can try it offline or in TA, they did it because it's: a) untouchable if you have only basic knowledge of air combat, b) 4x30mm with good ammo load makes scoring kills easy, c) high speed and again 4x30 makes it unstopable ground attack plane. They're just opportunists who want to have an edge over opponents to win at all costs - and you're one of them regardless of what philosophy you attach to this.

Interesting. Then I have a misfortune to always meet runner type of me262 pilots.

Yeah, ok, ace :)

Zero has it's own opposition - i16's, hurricanes, early spits and all slower but maneuverable planes and it shouldn't fight alone against fast energy fighters like mustang. Then Efighters have their own well matched opposition - for mustang it will be 109G's and K-4, Fw190's and ki84. Me262 doesn't have any match on the red side, there is no plane that can fight it on equal terms, it has at least 90kph advantage in speed over fastest allied planes, remains fully controlable where every allied planes will enter compression and outguns everything reds have.

Now that's another great wisdom from you! Maybe you should write a book or something? You tell so many things I had no idea about before that I think you must be some kind of superhero who came to FH to enlighten the dark masses.
    FYI I never HO - in H2H or in arenas.

:D

That's what Illo proposed and I agree with that 100%. First you have to fly basic types of aircraft like hurrs and spits1's etc, golds have 109e's, 110's, zekes. When new planes appear in RPS - me109f for example - then in first "months" of RPS this plane is restricted to only a handful of pilots with high active streaks. Then as the RPS progresses the restriction is slower and more pilots can fly it and finally it becomes a "basic type" and you can fly it for free while other types (109g2, 190a4) are limited. This is the best way to keep realistic proportions of aircraft types in RPS.

Fine idea but unreal in a flightsim - would be an overkill.

Read above.

I'm flying both red and gold equally as my squad is changing sides every 2 ToD's and I didn't notice any 'uber plane' on any of the sides except me262. Some are better some are worse but still it's possible to make big streaks (above 70) in 109g2 in late 44 or in 109g6 at the end of the war and there is no plane I'm especially afraid off, no matter if I fly pony B or 109G6 (my 2 fav rides in this game).

Ju52 carries a commandos which li2 don't have but that's a different story.

Flying on both sides - about 3rd year now on FH if I remember correctly - I didn't notice any bias. I think that only guys who keep with one country and die too often think that the FH is biased on other country.

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Li2 has commandos.

Hartmann, 262 is untouchable in right hands. SO we need to restrict it. (as well as other planes too)

10. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

to be honest, i think both stec and hrtman are right in most points ;-)

tho i must say li2 is better than ju52 :)
    14:9 troops
    2:1 doors
    higher speed
    faster acceleration
    better climb
    both have comms

only advantage i see in ju52 is mortar.. but i accept trading ju52 for li2 ;-)

ok sry off topic

11. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Also ju52 has much shorter fuel endurance than real life. Li-2 much higher in contrary.

12. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

Uno Mas

-Pilots and Stec

Thank you I glad we can make each other chuckle. You'll love this.. read below. :deal:

Sorry you are pissed but I think it is for the WRONG reason. You see, I'm not a "newbie"

I have been flying flight simulators since about 1986! :joystick: Starting with the program called "Pro-Logic Jet" on an IBM 88... with no HD ...it is so small I can e-mail it to you for kicks ...I still have it. (209kb) There was an old WWI sim that sucked (I cant rember the name and no longer have)... then "Battle of Brittain" next... the "Secrets of the Luff" then "Jet fighter 2" then "Chuck yeagers air combat" then MSFS 4 , 5, 98, 2000, "Microsoft Combat Flight Sim" - "Janes WWII fighters" - "falcon 3.0" and so on AND SO ON... these are just the ones I bought and still have....
    there are more... some are burried in the garage, others I dont have them around anymore. (don't those programs bring back memories?)

OK wanna talk about WB? Sure let me go there... I first got Warbirds as a Demo before it was called Warbirds!... other stuff around at the time was better so I didnt play it yet.
    Then I got it again free with some software when I think it was called Warbirds 95 (that version did not have AI offline play... just a couple of drones that orbited the fields?
    But I tried it anyway and it was better... but boring offline. :zzz:

To be honest, at first, I did not think much of WarBirds.... but then version 2.70ro came out... offline play with A.I. controlled planes.. online play and so on.

I have been on the Imagic Online/IEN server... even before it was cheap!

...then Markus Mikkolainen made the first java based free host known for WB. I played on many of these free hosts... I got the software and have set
    up my own and ran it for a while privately... I still host a few private sessions with it a couple times a month.

Lastly (reguarding sims), I flew for a little more than a year (pretty steady) in the FH RUSS... then since have popped in from time to time to see it's progress. ...Over the last 2 years.

NOW lets look at my real life experience...

I first flew solo in 1987 before I was 16 in a Schweizer 2-22 glider (A REAL brick lol)

since then I have racked up almost 1500 hours in many other planes
    Cessna 150, 150 aerobat, 172, 180
    Piper CUB (very fun), Cherokee
    Pitts 2B (a personal favorite!) RV-7 and various other Kit planes (I live a couple of miles from the airport here the is a major center for experimental aircraft)
    I have helped others build planes.. I am setting up a jig for my own now.

I have flown "Real" full motion sims for the 747, 767... and stationary "real" sim of the 757 in Seattle.

I am an instructor by profession! :znaika: So sorry about my MENTOR tone... it is in my nature.

...needless to say I have a passion for planes.

Stec... OK I have only been flying RUSS WB FH for a little over a year... and you have been here 3 years? ...but I'm hardly a newbie.

--stec you assume alot... at least ask first

I NEVER said YOU are an incompetent pilot... you may be if you say so. I dont know you. You are welcome for the advice.

--stec you assume again? or just misread?

So the RUSS FH limits the time even more... what a joke. Learn supply and demand! Decrease supply... all else being equal demand goes up.
    When the RUSS FH cut the time for the 262 they limited the supply of time to fly it...which has increased the demand... now more fly it all at once than I have seen elsewhere! RUSS FH made the problem WORSE... again read above. I RAN a free host and have been on 2 german hosts 2 polish hosts as a player. Sorry you THINK the way you do... or FEEL the way you do. I'm just saying facts I see. ... sure people like to fly the jet when it
    is available... but the newness goes away (even in 8 hours! ...people start to fly the other planes). I have seen it a disagree with you... I see RUSS FH ( god bless them) makes the problem worse. :(

:D LOL.. Need more than a BASIC knowledge of air combat! So why where the German ACES selected to fly it at FIRST (during first combat trials)? hmmmm
    ...ok ok.. elite pilots are often choosen for the new hot planes AT FIRST. ...and to "fly it" here you dont need to be an expert... but untouchable LOL.

Untouchable to pilots who do not study and practice methods on how to defeat it maybe... I gave you many ideas that work... you sound bitter like you have a hard time with 262s? Is that where all this comes from? Just a guess. (See asking not assuming)

Yak-T 37mm, p-39 37mm, 110 37mm, B25 75mm, 410.. 190... and so on have big guns... lets take them out of the war too! LOL Will you ever stop you comedy?

--stec you assume alot... you DONT know me! I Cant remeber seeing you online as "--stec"... maybe I just didn't have a run in with you... maybe you just were not all that memorable. ...you are funny "win at all cost" I have no such philosophy! Then again you assume... If you would like to debate some facts here.. let's do that. ..if you want to bring up ideas and opinions.. go ahead. If you would like to ATEMPT to flame me personally in a public forum you just make an ass out of yourself. If you have comments about me personally... you should show some maturity and address them to me personally and privately.

Like I also said, that YOU FAILED to quote here ...but mention below, is that YES, there are good pilots too... sorry if you seem meet those equal to or better than you.

Again, your welcome. :D

So I'm sure, in combat, you radio... "excuse me sir... but I'm in a Zero ( or other slow T and B plane ) ...and you are in a MUSTANG
    ( or other high speed plane) ...you are not MY opposition and it is NOT FAIR that you attack me! ...so please go land and take off in
    a... I-16 or whatever"

OR like you said "shouldn't fight alone against fast energy fighter" ...Follow your own advise.

Don't like that the 262 is fast? Talk to Willie Messerschmitt and others about the performance envelope of the 262... from the gentleman who is involved with the 262 project
    www.stormbirds.com (20 miles from my house.. lucky me :p ) ...who has a major library with many original 262 documents... he says that the flight model used
    in WB is a "toned down arcade version" of the actuall performance of the 262... so really performance model online could and should be improved.
    LOL like that'll happen here at RUSS FH! :rolleyes:

At low altitudes the Typhoon far faster than any Axis plane when it is released... there is no speed match for it. According to you logic we should remove it?
    We have a saying people with your attitude... "You Want to have your cake and eat it too"

your the one who said...

To me, this sentence means that you do HO... and/or at least you see it as an option. ...and since I don't know you, I thought maybe you needed that advice... Sorry if I mis-read you I dont know if that was a language barrier mistake with your English ( I'm guessing English is your second or third language ) ...which I have no problem with I respect it when people speak many languages. An I'm happy you don't HO!

Yeah I agree... overkill! ...many people would go elsewhere to get their flight sim thrills. ..but would be much more realistic.

Li2 does carry commandos sorry again for you... Do you fly the Li2 at less than full throttle (match the JU52's speed) to be FAIR?

I have also flown BOTH sides too (here and elsewhere)... do you ASSUME again that I don't? As a matter of fact, I spend about 1/3 of the time flying RED under a different name
    for a couple of reasons... ...here they are so you don't again get into that assuming thing again you do.
    First, "hrtman" is a name of a hero of mine ...and I feel that it would be dishonorable to fly that name for the allies... I do this out of respect.
    Reason 2, I get to learn the "altered" model of the allied planes I fly against... with "live" pilots as opponants.
    Reason 3, I get to know some of the red pilots that might otherwise not get to know me because they think I fly both sides.

Reason 4 I LOVE the spitfire! In real life it is my favorite plane! :flyer:

Hey man, I'm sorry that you don't see a bias here that MANY pilots do. Maybe your right... my opinion that there is a bias... is just an opinion. You have an opinion... opinions are like ass' :ass: everyone has one.

Lastly... read above. I fly both sides. and dont get killed alot because I fly careful... I still see the bias. I have many historical suggestions and improvements for the RUSS FH arena that would improve the game... but worsten the balance even more for the red so I dont speak them. Here is my favorite... (just for you) IRL more HURR were on the British CV's than Seafires... I think it would improve the game to model a HURR that is CV ready. But I dont make these kind of suggestions because... NOT ALL TOD... but I think (just my opinion) most of the TOD... the red have a slight advange.

Look Stec I DON'T know you... This topic seems touchy for you. I don't mean to attack you personally (sorry if I have)... I hope you don't take it that way.

-hrtman

Last edited: Jul 23, 2002
  13. -nicae-

good :)
    if personal attacks start/continue i will close the thread - it is going totally off topic (262, remember? ;)) and heading into personal life :)

so take it easy boys. make love, not war :)

and IMHO FH does not bias (at least enough to make balance problems.)

14. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

leave 262 alone, and yeah.. i want it earlier.
    btw that streak system sucks, how many of us can get a 50 or 30 streak without being killed?
    If you fly for streak you'll never have fun.

red, stop whining... and don't come here saying: "262 was a buff hunter and you use it as fighter" or something like that.
    You use all kind of buffs as fighters, I've seen many of you defending fields with IL2s (with gunner), and b25s... so dont come here complaining about our beloved 262.

Peace

15. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

... sry Usling for call You "moron", I was just frustrated to die, again thanks 262 :( ... few seconds after I said "sorry" to You.
    ... btw what nickname did You use ? I can't remember :dunno:

16. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Hartmn I see that I have no chance to convince you to my view on me262 and you don't have a smallest chance to convince me to your view so I think it's better if we stop this pointless discussion and just stick to our opinions.
    Btw I didn't mean to flame you too, I just didn't like your "I'm the masta, bow to me, dweeb!" tone and got a little bit pissed off, sry if I went too far. (I'm a nervous guy and tend to overreact very often, pls keep that in mind next time you challenge me on this board ;)).

P.S. My first sim I got addicted to was Tomahawk in about 1987, your not forward to me at this either ;P

17. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

I see

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

-Pilots and Stec

Yeah I agree... we have total opposite opinions on this.

No problem... I ment no tone... but I'm sure it's in my nature to have it cause of what I do all day.

I know it is hard sometimes on these boards to get everything across with just typed messages. :deal: If we met in person, :alc: I'm sure it would be all cool... and that we probably agree on alot of other issues.

I mean you must be a cool guy... you like War Planes. :turret:

See you around :cool:

-hrtman

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

18. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

i vote this thread for the

senseless of the month

pls some more and i will start a poll about the senceless thread of the month

sry, guys, the only positiv i could catch, were illos and ledadas posts...

19. -nicae-

what would you expect from another 262 thread? :D

20. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

.. hi miixch , thnx for apologies.
    my nick is at the end of my post :D its -asgar
    i had no problem that u said "moron" i can hande that :cool:
    but only for flying 262 ?