New RPS

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by --ph--, May 8, 2001.

1. mcosta

mcosta Guest

fh doesnt have that much pilots... if we do that we'll get 10 pilots in 1 arena, 10 in another , etc etc...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

2. Invisible Ninja-Killer

Invisible Ninja-Killer Active Member

Hmm about night fighting, I don't know but, can the hangar/runway models be redone to incorporate some kind of "lights" (just some brightly coloured dots here and there that can be seen all the time) ? I don't know if runways are a distinct model or not..

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

the prob of night is that in 2d, all is black (total black, 0 red 0 blue and 0 green), there isnt even moonlight to see the sea. and thats a FE limit, not editable by FH team. i mean, they can, but wont. i believe... [​IMG]

admins.. confirm?

4. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=-

-Pilots

Here is a thought...

http://warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/foreign.html

More specific

---->http://warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/il-2.html

It says IL2 is so bad... Germans captured over 100 of them and would not even use them for training... they would rather take the time and money and man power to build a new plane! and that says alot! lol

Over modled on free host... you decide.

-hrtman

5. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-Snoopy and others

Read my last message

-hrtman

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

[​IMG]
    I think that American data about Soviet airplanes are not objective.
    I saw that site. I think I won't trust it
    [​IMG]
    Besides, you Americans don't like Airacobras too, and you sent them to USSR quickly. Soviet pilots gained considerable results with Airacobras, while you did not [​IMG]

Will we go on flaming?
    I say no.
    Il-2 is not bad airplane. And it is overmodelled no more that Pony by IEN.

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 29 May 2001).]

7. mcosta

mcosta Guest

The soviets only like it because they used it's "low" caliber 37mm cannon to wreck havok into the enemy lines.

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

8. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Mcosta, it's another legend used to cover the fact that Soviets were better pilots then the "allies".

P-39s were used almost exclusively as air superiority fighters.

Pokryshkin really liked the 37mm, regardless to the fact that he once had to land a plane with 37mm exploded in a barrel, but he insisted on a trigger replacement - the original position made pilot move his palm on the stick and broke aim. Another great feature of a Bella was an incredible diving performance.

Yankees and Brits considered P-39 useless as an air-to-air plane, and passed it to the USSR. They simply didn't know how to fly it and had absolutely no idea about aerial gunnery, relying only on "spray-n-pray"...

Hehe, I start to behave like on AH board or on AGW [​IMG]

------------------

With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

9. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

This seems like the right topic.
    The new type of rps, nice one... now we can only play with the 262 from big fields... why the hell don't you just take the plane of the game?? It's a nice idea the new style of rps but from what i've seen in the arena it sucks.

The second month - from big and CV <-- Excelent idea!!! not only golds only have the zeke for cv, so this means that any new plane will only be avaliable in big fields for 2 months.

And please don't get me started on the 109k4 and the 190 D9. I think you guys are doing a excelent job, and i know that im kind of new to FH, but don't you think you pushing it just a little too far???

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

10. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

ho, and btw exec, not all of us are americans. And americans aren't the only ppl that write books, and i've seen some russian/german sites that don't say nice things about some russian airplanes that are corrently modeled in FH.

And to finish, even if some books are american, i give them the same credit that i give a russian one (we all know how comunism was excelent at hiding and twisting facts) so please don't take us for fools.

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

11. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

If you think you made a surprise then you are wrong. I also saw a lot of such sites.

I feel sorry for you [​IMG]

12. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Over modeled or not... there is a strange thing here...
    the IL2 rear gunner appears to track cons WAY better than the one on a bf110... rgreat, can you confirm that?
    If yes... why??? The dual 7.7 assembly was lighter and more easily maneuverable than the hvy machinegun on the il2...

mcosta
    Strumtruppen

13. mcosta

mcosta Guest

That "Luftwaffe Resource Group" page looks like the "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" page to me [​IMG]

probably... since the iron curtain was down, it made sence to steal all the credit to the "good capitalists"

As they are in FH... in WB/ICI(iEN) they used to use it only to attack airbases ( like shad [​IMG] ) ... but back then the high caliber cannons were MUCH MORE ACCURATE ( rgreat, what did you do to the high caliber weapons? I can't kill a con at d15 now [​IMG] )

Of course he liked the 37mm... that's why you had Yak9T as well [​IMG]
    Talking about the airacobra... are you considering the P63 kingcobra? It'd be a nice "upgrade" to the p39 ( even if it has nothing to do with the original p39 project ) ... and since it was only used by the soviet union...

Two completelly different doctrines... and that can be seen on the armament difference between the germans and the brit/us planes...
    Germans had HIGH caliber , low fire rate guns... the brit/us loved nn .50 cal high fire rate machineguns...

Then you must kick/ban yourself out of here, delete your account and exec must block/delete this thread as well!!! [​IMG]

btw... rgreat, is the Brewster F2A Buffalo in your list?

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS : I never went to AGW again since those "hot" threads... are they still mentioning FH ? [​IMG]

14. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Storm i don't know why you feel sorry for me.
    Because Russia in the comunism days was full of lies and cover ups?? I'm sorry but that's true, if you are blind and can't see that thats too bad.
    I'm only saying that americans lied and tried to make things their way, as did russia. But to claim that all foreign books are wrong and are only a mean to discredit russian ww2 airplanes.... commons guys, the cold war is over, snap out of it.

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

15. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I don't have much time so I'll try to keep this short...

The reason why most people think soviet pilots are better than allies is because the allies had different ways of criticising (is this the correct spelling?) a kill ...
    Now I don't know about this, but I do know that the allies couldn't have the 300kills Hartman had because of several reasons...

greetz, Zembla

16. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Guys...
    Stop this flame war...
    Nothing we can reach with it...

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat

17. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Also I American pilots flew only up to 30 missions, after that they were sent back home or volunteered to fight in another theatre.

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Eye for eye [​IMG]
    Some of you said that best soviet planes were bad (that offences me), and some (partially me [​IMG]) stroke back.

I beg pardon for any offence from me.

As for 'nationality' of sources I have no prejustices. I've seen many Soviet sources with obviously fake data, I've seen Western sources with kinda-true data. And vice versa.
    For example, I respect Joe Baugher.

But "warbirds resource group" looks like a site for kids.

Il-2 is very durable airplane. IMHO, ppl have problems understanding this airplane, because Sturmovik was the only true attacker during WWII. And it could keep strafing under enemy fire incredibly long. All other stuff indexed as attackers are just strike planes and they use 'hit'n'run' tactics before AA wake up.

As MCosta noticed "absolutely different doctrinas" between close support aircraft and strike aircraft.

I believe that Deutsches really couldn't understand Il2. And other Westerners too, with their sources about soviet forces.

This subject about Il2 capabilities reminds me Mi-24 helicopter that is absolutely different from Western choppers.

I read memoires in internet from american test pilot of first stolen Mi-24. First he didn't understood Hind, but lately he fell in love with Mi-24.

It's pity I could not find this article again.

Imagine heavily armoured anti-tank and support chopper with 8 equipped troops on-board, still one of the fastest choppers in the world! I bet you don't know how to use it.

------------------
    Luck
    Yedyge aka exec[228] aka Killer Crayon
    mail2duc@stones.com

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 30 May 2001).]

19. --ph--

--ph-- FH Webmaster

Platy, btw, this new plane appearance didn't affect 262 at all.

If you want something to be changed try to use more friendly speech and look at the problem from the different points of view, like golds/reds, fighters/attackers/bombers, etc.

20. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Show me a country that wasn't full of lies that time.

Did I claim that? I still feel sorry for you cause you don't want to look at the problem from the other side. How many russian books (or archive data) on WW2 have you read?

Indeed.