Off-topic Guitar

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Uncles, May 9, 2012.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Erm oh sorry, I was in a fugue there for a few minutes.....

Here:

Like honey on yer locust.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hmm, which video is more "enjoyable" to watch? :D

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Oh she is, you big silly!
    What a beauty.

We don't look at music. We listen.
    I found the guy playing was stilted, he didn't seem familiar with his music. I think he is clumsy. I don't think he is bad, I just heard some hesitancy in some of his rhythm.
    I think that piece was writ for some instrument that is not a guitar. I think that was for a harpsichord or something. There is some note-playing the guy does that would be chords if the piece were played on a keyboard instrument...... She is a little unsure too. But again, I think Bach never wrote for guitar [did he?]
    Am I right?
    I am a very good listener but I cannot play worth a fuck. Except I was a wizard on ukulele in school and I shocked with a banjo, but they are rare, and I didn't own one and I wouldn't and I could have cared less about banjo, but any fool can play one.
    But my hand got cramped up trying clasical guitar, indeed, folk.
    I had and have very small hands.
    Go look at Buckethead Jorden, those are guitarist's hands.
    Bye.

Oh did I say Tatyana is better to watch? Yeah and I think she is better guitarist than the guy. I bet he would never smash a guitar into somethin with a resounding crack, in a store, well, unless it was one of those poly ones they make in Canton....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

I dunno, and I didn't Google it. First guess is definitely, no ;) But I'm a trog and don't know of these advanced topics.

Our dread affliction: that chick is hot, and it's good too see :)

Buying new quality 'lectric guitars in 2012 is a challenge. Ones made in the States v. overseas are ~ 3x the expense. Same with amps. Being a child of the musical eighties, I think of them as being second-best. Ibanez, see? With Ibanez can't go wrong.

Korea and Indonesia are next best, I guess.

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I had a Suzuki guitar. Classical 12 string. It was a nice guitar, very nice. Made in Nippon in 1970. I played with my fingernails. I was good, for about five minutes, when my fingers started to cramp up and my uncle, who is a MUSIC TEACHER, would sigh and we would go and look at stuff and talk, instead of playing. My uncle knew, even then, when I was twelve, that if I kept it up, my hands would crab up and I would have systs on my knuckles before I was well grown.
    Too bad. I have finger co-ordination that is tops and playing guitar was so easy for my brain, just not for my physical body.
    I dunno if Suzuki still makes musical instruments,, but I bet you the do.
    Yah cannot go assuming stuff made in the USA is any better than anywhere else, that is, sorry, bigotry.

In one of John Irving's books is a character, the protagonist's dad, who is a master Church Organ player who has arthritis and playing causes him agony for days after he had paid, so he didn't play very much, even though he had awards all over and was well respected. He had to stop playing for his public [the churches he worked for]. It broke his heart and he lost his wits.
    A john Irving book, uh, wait, I find the title.

PS:
    Until I Find You - John Irving

Bye.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

7. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

9. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Uncles, the first guitar I ever owned was an Ibanez rb720. I bought the 720 cuz it had a brass bridge, the 620 had a chrome metal bridge. It was black with a white pick guard and a maple neck. It was a precision copy, and for the money it was a nothing more than a starter instrument, even at that it was a waste of money...any used fender would have been a better buy..Ibanez are the same today as they were in 82..the necks blow masonic goats. they bend at around the fifth fret, higher than that you get a high action, can't get rid of it..terrible instruments. apparently there are some high end ibanezes that are neck through bodies and they are a lot better, i hope so, cuz the bass I owned was downright low quality period. All Ibanez roadstar products are crap. Whale slurps in the recording studio, backdoor slurpees all over the place bud. feedback, shit feel, shit sound. stay away from Ibanez.

Oh, I am playing a martin d28 with a fishman pickup...not mine though hehe..its reaallly nice

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I can't tell you anything about it, becuase I don't know much about them. But I do know it is the only guitar I ever owned.
    [​IMG]

I got it by mail order, in 1971. I would never lean the thing like that. I would have got beaten. I learned to pick, even grew nails. But after a year of learning, my left hand was crabbed from the fucking horrible frets. I stored that giuitar. I don't have and didn't have hands suitable.

11. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Guess I've been lucky with Ibanez, although I've only onwned a few. Back in the 80s I had a cool single pickup strat-live guitar, which never let me down, and I used to bend the neck a lot trying to sound like Adrian Belew. It was OK. Then about 10 years ago I was playing a hollow body archtop from Ibanez and it was very nice. From what I've seen, if you pay $500+ for any of their 'electrics you get a pretty decent guitar.

Thinking about getting one of these: http://www.ibanez.com/RgS25th. Reminds me of the one I had back in the day.

But as you can figure from the vids I've been posting, I'm digging my old EVH Wolfgang these days :)

12. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Vot eto :)

http://youtu.be/L63qXi6PrMQ

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Ibanez makes one hell of a guitar, I can't speak about alot of thier line up except the Artcore Semi-hollow guitars I own the low end AS73 and AS83 both are great guitars, I will upgrade the pick-ups in probably the 73 because they both use the same PU's but so far I havn't I just love the sounds I get with them play them clean with a little reverb and you get sweet jazzy tone and push them you get great bluesy tone. Add a nice over drive pedal and shear bliss. I love them and will probably get an AS103 next but I'm in no hurry. Anyhow here is a vid of a nice bluesy tune and i get these tones too. Enjoy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAlKE6XYlGk&feature=related

14. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Very nice!

15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

This guy is a lefty, but he never got the attention he should've received:

http://youtu.be/0V7lTFzdSn0

Elliot Easton. The guy who made the Cars.

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I agree Elliot Easton is an excellent guitarist and is way underrated. I remember when the Cars first came into popularity, great pop/rock/ new wavish before really new wave was around officially. Now I want to run out and get the greatest hits (I know I know, you still buy CD's I do something about having a product in my hands when you pay for it) :)

Now here is a lefty for ya, playing a right handers guitat strung still for a righty much like Dick Dale did back in the 60's check this out and enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISwgICW6LgE

17. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

18. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Damn, some guys have strong fingers, you know. Wes Montgomery fingers. Wish I had strong hands like that. Or Hendrix fingers!

And I'm always amazed that dudes can play "upside down." Guess you need to learn that from the start.

19. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjAgl1dQBk

very interesting what you can hear on isolated tracks like this...
    I have been playing this tune for 25 years..thought I was playing it correctly all along until listening to this...

there is a little descending run that starts at 0:28. A note is played at 0:28, and at 29, 30 and at 31...I always thought there were 4 separate notes being played there, but it is actually only three notes, the last one gets played twice.....sounds like b,a,g,g..yeah it is. I used to play c,b,a,g...which sounds very mcloudish, lol. :kruto:

And the sound that gets played...his rickenbacker has a slight rattle, a famous bass sound actually. Squire and Entwistle turned people on to rotosound strings back in the early 70s too...

:znaika:

20. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

McLoud uses picks? Wish most bassists would :)