Polikarpov I-153 Chaika - to admins

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me what information you use to base the FM and DM of the I153 in FH please?

Sources, links, etc.

Specifically the DM, which from experience in the arena seems to indicate the I153 was extraordinarily resilient for its type.

I will find some data also, as I suspect that the Chaika is simply the most porked plane in the game.

If anyone else can find any information at all on the plane, as it appears to be scarce, then please do so.

2. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

i think part of the problem is that i15 is such a good turner. that loss of rudder or even alies isnt noticable if your dog fighting it. it rolls fast enoght not need a rudder to aim.
    donst suffer as much as any other plane from a loss of elavator.

with means that even hurt it can seem to fly home and land no damg(yet be missing stuff that would make all fh mono planes dead stick) and prity much needs to lose a whole wing, tail or pk to a sure kill. its also a anoyingly small target. might look into rl toughness next time im bord.

3. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Gryphon, dont forget the part about the DAMAGE MODLE! lol. Its surviveability has nothing to do with the fact that it takes 12x20mm and keeps on flying like brand new does it?

:) The i153 was a UFO joke from the moment v1.6 became availble. Its DM needs reducing. I think that would solve 99% of our chaika woes.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I fear that whatever may come, you'll find another thing to cry for... :rolleyes:

5. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

my poitnt is say 2 2omm in rudder 2 in left allie 1 in fulsalage could = no persevalbe damge to an i15 from cons point of veiw yet be 5 landed 20mms. wtf why no kill. thats all im stating. if u think as u read maby u could get at my point. some of the wtf is porbly damg sustain thats not peercivable because of i15s fm.
    i was fighting me co on gold side and finnaly 3 gold coner and killed him. he then told me laghinfg "about time i only had 1 ali left." but he seemd to be flying just fine, as if no damge.
    And i did say "part of it might be." i swere u read 1/2 a post and reply befor u understand somtimes. no were do i stat dm is fine. i go on to stat that im intrested enogh to look into it? so why attack me?

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

If you're talking to me, i didn't attack nobody, sry if it felt like. Else, go ahead in the flame, i won't enter ;)

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with its turn rate. If anything, its undermodelled lol ;)

Best I could get was 10.2 secs for a 360 turn. I have heard it said it can turn 360 in 8 secs.

@ broz: Its not crying, its just pointing out a fact. The DM is generally fucked up in the arena, it comes and goes for all planes as far as im concerned. But the Chaika is the one exception. Seriously, how can a bi-plane regulary take 10-20x20mm and keep flying.

And I have never known it to have over-G or over-speed. I have seen it take 12x20 then pull as hard as possible turns, with no apparent effect whatsoever.

I wont whine about nothing in this game now, im thankful for what I have. But the I153 is a joke, and is just too far off the scale that it upsets the game.

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I agree almost in everything with you Glas, and maybe chaika needs correction, but from one time up to now, all i see from some people is: pls correct this, correct that, this sucks, i'll leave... It's just fucking tiring, and some will always cry (not point out as you can do) about anything

9. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

both sides have seen uber craft, accepted and denied them, but the two probloms I am fighting for is for
    1. correction of the i153 "its so big its its own problom"
    2. the FM and DM of jap planes, ever since 1.60 they havnt been quite right.

Thats it....Some people think its ridiculous or criticize me, but god knows if they want information to ill get it, but the problom is, much like my attempt for the CR.42, the reasearch I do is just ignored because "im allsop and I talk out my ass" and so its really become not worth it to research links that i have in my old threads....

but I think everyone knows this now, but its just weather or not they can admit it. But I ask one question-

Golds- Do you every feel like you could win a turn fight in a jap plane recently? Or do 90% of us see them as death traps?

Reds- When you see an a6m, or a ki61, are you ever afraid anymore? When you see jap planes, you probably think "easy kill right there"....

and that just says how wrong things may be.

10. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean, and believe me it gets on my nerves too. The forum has more whining and moaning now than I have ever known it to have. 'Cheater' and 'warper' accusations are aplenty. In fact, they are the norm now.

I hoped I could go through my FH days, wisened by experience, and happy with my lot. And by and large I can.

The I153 upsets the balance in the arena though. It is unmatchable in terms of maneuvring (as it should be) but is as impenetrable as an IL2. Or thereabouts :)

11. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

@admins

The I153 is just ridiculous and destroying the fun and game balance on FH.

For these reasons - fun and game balance - the Me262 was restricted to fly only 1 FH-month. And this is absolutely acceptable for me.
    Fun and game balance must always come on first place - but now look what we have:

With the FH-parameters the I153 is like a modern VTOL. Like an AH64 Apache it is extremely maneuverable and has precise missiles - so its an excellent attack craft for attacking fields.

Also it is very long in the RPS - if I am right it still flies 1943.

Also the I153 takes an enormeus damage before dying.
    Last RPS I shot down four I153 and damaged much more.
    All these I153 were hit by much more 7, 12 and 20mm than - for example - I needed to kill F6F or F4U.
    And no one can tell me that an I153 is better armored than these american planes.

So:
    1 - please correct the DM of the I153.
    2 - restrict the RPS-time of the I153 (let it fly until the end of 1941)
    3 - think about these laser guided missiles.

@allsop
    1. Japanese planes:
    I havent checked all jap planes on FH - but definitivly something strange happened to the poor ki43.
    It turns like a Fw190 (and I normally start with 25% fuel only).
    I remember times, when the Ki43 was turning IMHO better than an A6M.
    So I use it actually as a divebomber.

2. Gold doubledecker:
    I dont think that we should fight a UFO-plane like the I153 with a gold UFO - like a CR-42.
    Finally we would have a WW1 game until 1943 where everywhere doubledeckers are flying while the historical modern planes stay in the hangars.

The I153 must be corrected.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  12. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

DM of I153 is good, but only at Offline. First flight - Spit comes my 6, I know from FH Online that my toughness is good. Few bullets and PK, damn. Second flight - Spit comes my six, before I turned 3x20 made RearFuselage and Wing rip off. Third flight, again PK.

So why DM differs on Main Arena and Offline ?

13. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Don't turn during fight against chaika and you won. I'm flying A6M and I haven't any problems shut down chaika. Chaika is lossing iniciative against every gold plane and it can only turn and turn. Zero is better, it outclimb every red early war plane (except spitfires), chaika can only turning.

14. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Spit outclimbs zekeling?

That either means the Zero is undermodeled, or the Spit is overmodeled. It was well known that the only leverage the early Spitfires had against the Zero was it's diving speed. Ask the Australians who had to defend their country when Zeros came over from time to time. They couldn't climb nor turn, so they dove.

<Z>

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

if you say it's too tough, why i always lost the wings with 2*20 when i flew chaika? :shuffle:

16. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

LoL, you probably were flying late war and got hit by 2x30mm.....easy mistake :) If someone shows me how to post tracks, I will post dozens of i153's not going down with even over 15x20mm.. And Im sure others would put in their fair share.....,

Oh and if this is a riddle - "execs question" my guess is that 2x20mm took you down, but there were 50+7mm accompanying it.

17. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

The I-153 can outclimb the A6M, give it a try if you doubt it. I had a thread on this before (I think it was called "Interesting Find About I-153"). The I-153 was a good hot rod; it had a 1000 hp engine for a 4000 lb. plane. It was also a superb turner. Because it was a good turner, though, almost any other plane could out run it. The flight model is pretty realistic, but it is the damage model that needs looked into.

18. Count

Count Well-Known Member

You can hit 30x20 to explode chaika, but enough 2-4 20mm to lost elevator, ailerons, flaps etc, may be rfus, but it still can fly ;)

19. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Ehm, i 153 outclimb zero? Maybe A6M2, but i'm now testing A6m3 and it can outclimb chaika, chaika climbs something under 15 and A6M3 climbs about 16, yes, only 1 m/s but it is enouhgt to disengage. Chaika has bad.....climb meter?

sry for calling "zero" and nothing more.

Spitfire Vb could outclimb zero(ehm...A6M3), but it is only my impresion, I didn't trying scan it.

20. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

So your tests were done with using the faulty cockpit controls "use .showdata and youll see how far the speedo and such are off" and then, even more, you havnt done real tests, you simply say something that is equivelint to "it feels like".

Maybe this doesnt stand out in your mind, but it does in mine- IRL, the a6m dominated the i16 and i15..........maybe the word dominated needs to be given the "dictionary" check because i dont tink it starts with "slightly" or "barely".