Polikarpov I-153 Chaika - to admins

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I dont mind G warnings, its the speed warnings that are a pain in the ass. Generally they happen at high speeds, and give you no time whatsoever to decelerate.

About the DM, apart from the Chaika it is the same for all sides. Ive had sorties where ive fired 90% of my ammo at one plane, hitting him many times, and he flies away. Going home disconsolate, I bump in to an unsuspecting con, decide to empty what Ive got left in to him, and he goes *poof* as soon as the first bullet strikes.

Yeah the DM is f*cked, but by and large it is f*cked up evenly and consistently, so I can live with that.

Now reduce the DM of the Chaika by a notch or ten, and i'll return to my usual, no-bitching-about-FH state of mind :)

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

That's it!! Keep it up boy, and you'll become the most stupid discusser in this board. He tells you his oppinion, and you insult him. WTG, dickhead :rolleyes:

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

The only surprising thing about your post Broz, is that your surprised :rolleyes:

As for 'become the most stupid discusser' - LMAO your joking arent you?! Allsop got that accolade before his tenth post in these forums. Ever since then, he has simply been cementing his position of supremacy in that field.

4. strafe

strafe Guest

I'm sorry -exec-, but are you sure that u were flying a I153 :shuffle: ? it wasn't a Bf110? I never saw, hear or even ripped chaika"s wing with 2x20mm.

5. strafe

strafe Guest

The point is: The FM is aceptable, but PLS reduce chaika's armour.

6. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Your all a bunch of crazy hippys. The FM of jap planes isnt fine and the DM is got a major kink in it somewhere....................Broz, I dont think youve ever brought data to a fight, so atleast my bitching and insults has some data backing it up.

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i don't need to bring no data to have the right to insult. You may bring your fucking head in a silver plate, but you still don't have the right to insult. That's all

8. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I am sorry to say so, but that is very incorrect.

My flight strategy stemmed from my old boom and zoom days. I was very frustrated because I would fly a 109 or 190 and a Spitfire or other plane would need to move only slightly to the side to avoid my pass.

I determined after much thought that it is much easier to evade a high-speed plane than a slow, maneuverable plane.

My strategy flying in an A6M, Ki-43 or Ki-61 evolved as I experimented with different combinations of Immelmann's and Chandelles. I also experimented with executing the Chandelles (slanting loops) at different angles and turn rates. I became very proficient with energy retention in Japanese planes and eventually got to such a skill level that I was winning about 100% of my one-on-one engagements. I was very adept at setting up "impossible maneuver" situations for my opponents. I called my strategy "maneuver combat" because it was neither dogfighting nor boom and zoom.

Flying Japanese fighters 100% of my FH time, I was in prime position to diagnose the modeling changes that were inflicted on Japanese planes. All of a sudden, my "impossible situations" I would set up would be quite possible for a plane such as a Spitfire to complete. When I had built up a system that used very specific laws to trap opponents, the act of FH changing the laws destroyed the entire system.

So the Japanese planes are indeed flying coffins these days; even if they are some day restored to their former capabilities, I would need to spend a great deal of time to revive my skills. Moving back to a system of reasonable rules from a sytem of strange physics would be challenging.

9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

In Real Life a plane has Two Elevators (one each side......).

Malin