Should airaid be hanged in the streets for hacking?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jochen, Jul 18, 2002.

?

Should airaid be hanged in the streets?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. Yes

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Looks like we finally have a more-than just suspicious case on our hands.

Situation: 0640 GMT, 18 Jul. At F9, with a bunch of other golds, I attacked a lone Hurricane II. I destroyed the plane with my 3cm cannon, forcing the pilot to bail out. Several seconds after he hit the chute, airaid dove in and systematically executed the poor guy. I admit I was annoyed at getting only an assist, but I shrugged it off. After all, he was down and we were all alive.

What pushed me over the edge was the chute-execution.

I've been victimized by this outrageous behavior once before, and I promptly chewed airaid out on open gold channel, just as (I hear,) the reds did to the jerk who shot my parachute last spring. Then I, on channel 100, apologized to the Hurricane II pilot on behalf of the rest of us golds, all of whom (I hope) are thoroughly disgusted by such spectacles.

Meanwhile, airaid got quite pissed and threatened to go Red and shoot me down. I really wouldn't have cared if he had gotten me fair and square. As a matter of fact, I prefer to fly on the opposite side. After a very short-lived, off-the-point debate as to which airforce was most notorious in the real war for killing parachutes, an uneasy silence took over.

That's when I got the message on channel 100:
    "airaid: jochen you still here you hothead?"

My reply:
    "jochen: Yes, of course I'm here."

What followed, IMMEDIATELY, was anything from asinine, deliberate overloading to flat out hacking. I suddenly received, in less than a second, at least a full screen of private messages from a totally different name, which I had not seen all night, nor had I seen it enter the room:
    -god--: Bye Bye

Und so weiter, and so on. Since I received a full screen in less than a split second, I can only assume that I received, in fact, many more copies of this message as a result of a fiendish mass-overload scrolling device.

Naturally, my connection to the host was terminated about as quickly as airaid smokes crack pipes. My desktop was reset to the lowest possible resolution. As if that wasn't enough, my whole system then proceeded to crash. I duly rebooted and came straight to post the event here, before going back up to hunt the little dishonorable twerp. If he wants to shoot me down, he's going to have to let me in the arena.

Personal Message
    To Airaid: There are some folks I tend to avoid in this world, but you're the lowest, most cowardly excuse for a virtual pilot that I've ever met.

Thanks for listening. Anything you guys at FH can do?

Regards,
    Jochen

2. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Hello.

After making my previous post, I logged back in to WB and was promptly greeted on private channel by airaid, who asked where I'd gone. He was in the middle of asking me a question, he said, and then I'd left. Um, sorry, don't try to hoodwink me like that. I promptly squelched him to prevent any more mass-scroller attacks.

Meanwhile, some oziris fella began suggesting that I and/or my pilots hack, which is anything but the case. As a very interesting conversation developed, these suggestions turned to accusations. I replied that I took insult to such comments, and then, you guessed it, -god-- returned. This time, I saw him enter the room and promptly squelched him...to no avail. The scroller-of-doom had been for looks only; it was obviously not a requirement for a port-scan.

WB froze, AOL disconnected (while I was still in the tower, i.e., WB did not disconnect too; it just FROZE.) and my whole computer locked up, so I cut the power.

Five screenshots defining the whole second venture into FH will be posted as soon as I convert them to jpeg...more on that in a bit.

Jochen

3. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

duhh scary ... might we should use .ignore all.... command
    well to bad everywhere at all games u have to see those flying monkeys ...

4. Apocalyps

Apocalyps Well-Known Member

What is this world comming to ...

5. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

And this is why we need server flood protection

6. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Apocalyps :eek:

;)

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

staffs know about it and keeps it on mind.

8. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

To Exec:

You keep it in mind and that is IT? Is there something you can do? I don't want to have to resort to finding and murdering someone.

Because now it seems that its happening to our whole godamn squad. I log on, say hello... INSTA-FROZEN computer. AOL freezes, and the whole thing goes to hell. What the hell is going on? FH seems to say that hacking is impossible and it isn't going on. Well I'm fairly freaking sick of this. Jochen spent a long time (years, over the course of 3 flight simulators) getting this squad together, and now it's been dashed to pieces by some asshole hacker. :ass: I Can "hack" too. Why don't I fill my autoexec with 5000 "Bye Bye" messages as well?

This is shit my friends.

Mike AFI Marr

:cheers: to all but the hacking trash.

9. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Finally got around to converting the bitmaps. Here come the five screenshots which show the entire text from the second time I logged into WBFH last night.

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  10. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Second of Five:

11. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Part three of five:

12. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Fourth of Five:

13. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Last one.

14. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

I dont know if lefty has anything to do with this, but ill post

last night he was in various red towers ((f15, f19, F9)) and he was gold, each of those towers he was in, was always attacked by golds ((I dont know if this was some mistake/chance))
    if was just a chance, then ohwell

But i also sent many messages to ask him at atleast go on his own tower, no reply

15. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Well, like I stated on "OK Who is -boar-?" thread

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7743

this has become a cancer and will destroy the community. Thing are running out of control as far as I can see. Or someone actually DOES something or our fun is ruined. Forever. Yeah, Apocalypse now. :help:

Jochen, if someone is picking on you or your squad, don't worry. I'll call in my friends and drive the whole Grifo and brazilian firepowers towards any and all of these sore losers. :dark: :turret: Sure, it will help a lot if we can have a fair situation (no transparent cockpits, no 50mm shells and such on the opposite side) but we'll fight anyway.

This is a "battle" both countries and all true simmers should join.

May the Force be with us.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2002
  16. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

There are lots of people that use 2 computers so they get an "in-flight radar" as well as field and CV stats and so on.

Although as far as I am concerned it's still a kind of exploitation of the game and therefore a "hack", I would classify it as a "minor hack".

17. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Greetings,

I'd like to make a few points before I go on. I don't want anybody's personal propaganda machines contorting the reasons why I am releasing the following documents after keeping them classified for half a year.

First of all, as if I need to, I swear on my honor that neither I nor anybody in Jagdgeschwader 27 cheats, nor condones such actions. Unfortunately, especially given the fact that we always fly for the Axis side, there are certain, understandable elements of gameplay which facilitate distrust among players. JG27 has had its share of accusations over the past two years, and it took almost a full year of gameplay in the Axis vs Allies arena of Air Warrior before the Allied pilots there were finally convinced that we were not in any way cheating. We simply aim for high standards and occasionally, things work out as they are supposed to. As the great Ho-Hun once said to me:

"If they don't accuse you of cheating, you need to work on your tactics! :)"

With that said, I will be quick to add that I also refuse to label someone a cheater until it is proven. I think all of the veteran online simulator pilots here will agree that tensions run high in combat and it is very easy for a pilot under strain to start heaving accusations. If you read "The Blond Knight of Germany," you will see that Hartmann's unit had a rule: anything said in the heat of combat in the air was forgotten immediately upon landing. JG27 follows the same rule.

Do NOT assume that, by releasing the following material, I am saying anything other than what I actually say here.

The following nine screenshots are taken from a collection of some 26 from my files, dated 09 January 2002. In it, I was contacted on private channel by ronin, a pilot from Elite. He seemed to be conducting some sort of investigation, looking for Gold hackers, who, he claimed, were so frustrating the Reds that his friends were very close to uninstalling WarBirds from their harddrives.

Ronin proceeded to dish out a list of names, some of which I personally suspect of toying with the game. The only one I could really defend was Pyroth, from JG27, who has been a sim pilot for a very long time. (He has to date only flown about 20 days in FH, during which time he was credited with over 180 kills and a high streak of 30.) We've known Pyroth for about five years.

I myself was not overlooked, either. Ronin contacted me immediately after I had downed his airplane with one burst. He asked if I was using 50mm shells (later suggesting that some golds change speed and size of shells in WB.) I denied the suggestion. I am clearly in an /R6 model of the Me-109. The wing cannon are clearly visible in the screen. Also clearly visible is my showhits display, which indicates damage done with 7mm and 20mm weapons only. Ronin claimed I killed him with one shot. I gave him my showhits data, which said, (I believe) 4 x 20mm and 5 x 7.9mm. Whether or not it was a PK, I cannot remember, but that's getting off topic.

I responded that I knew no hard data on the possible cheaters, and as such, I would keep my mouth shut for the time being. (Again, to reiterate, I refuse to make an accusation until I have proof.) Ronin seemed to be content with my decision to keep my eyes open, and said he would "tell his crew" to keep WB on their harddrives.

What caught my eye in particular, however, was ronin's clear threat at the start of the message. He said, in two ways, that if the gold cheating did not stop, he and some of his "friends" (presumably his "crew") would make FH hell for all. Then the Golds would suffer in addition to the Reds.

Why do I bring this up? Well, I think it's self-implicatory in the first case. These shots are just over six months old, so that lends some idea to how long I and my pilots have been hit with these sorts of threats and (as of last night, personal attacks.) And thirdly...

Seeing oziris jump in the conversation last night made me think. I managed to check his scorecard, which reported that he was a Red, with no squad, who had flown about 32 sorties in fighters. (Again, I remind you of the bold-faced declaration I made earlier, so you do not misinterpret what I am about to say.)

I don't mind oziris asking questions. I have nothing to hide and nothing dishonorable to deny. What interested me was how he had no squad affiliation, but promptly shifted into the "Defend Elite/Suggest JG27" mode. I told him that I felt like I knew him under a different name. His response was that he was not going to tell me his other name. Enough said.

Immediately afterwards, he changed from suggesting that JG27 cheats to flat-out telling me my squadron had hackers in it. As if on cue, -god-- walked in the room. I had time to squelch him before I froze and had to cut the power to my system.

I am NOT making an accusation of Elite being behind this as a unit. I cannot prove it either way, so I will merely put the pieces on the table and let people see the facts for themselves. What I CAN say, however, is that one of their pilots has CLEARLY compromised his own integrity and revealed his determination to make FH hell for all.

As to the whole oziris deal, I can only say that, in light of the 09 January conversation, something smells VERY fishy to me.

Without further ado...the screenshots. I apologize for needing to use nine of my collection to display the whole dialogue. I think, given the current circumstances, I have every right, and every responsibility, to post the complete conversation.

Jochen
    JG27 Afrika

18. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

The First of Nine:

19. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Second of nine: Just noticed that my cropped screenshots do NOT show the showhits or the /R6 cannon barrels. HOWEVER, I still DO have the originals. If anyone wants to see those, I can post them as well.

20. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Part Three of Nine