Simpel way to improve relizm.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -kopi-, Aug 28, 2003.

1. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

now it's a nightmare. I think a best solution would be if none get hurt by friendly hits.
    Turning friendly collision also would be good, but: many times planes are appearing in same place (on cv,s small fields), what then? Kill both planes? But i've got a solution :) - collision detection should be off when both planes have gears down

2. lepper

lepper Well-Known Member

@beryl:
    Collisions when gears up will be good idea. But i dont know if it is possible to implement - WB-game must send gear status to the server, but i dont think that game is sending this info.
    So other solution like this will be:
    collisions off where above field and alt < 20m.

3. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

I think I have to disagree...on two points.

Firstly, gear activated collisions would cause many ppl to fly constantly gear down.

Secondly, FEs must send gear status to server, then server to other FEs, otherwise you would not be able to see the status of the gear on the AC in front.

IMO..collisions on, but not effective until plane has had engine running for a period of time (eg. 30 secs). this would give time to clear spawn point or even get airborne in some cases. May also cause planned take-offs?

Also agree that killshooter should be off.

regards, Oz

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I don't consider friendly collisions nor friendly fire on a good idea. How many assholes are there willing to kill someone? If, for example, i want to be first in scoring top aces, i only have to fly from the same field where the leader takes off, and, after 30 secs, or whatever was implemented, collide with him and end his streak.

I will never do it, but you all know there's people that would....

5. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

gears down in wb makes big drag, and slowing plane strongly, so i don't think anyone will fly with dropped gears. Remember, that if only one of colliding plane would have raised gears, collie will be detected.

lol, isn't it sending? in polish fh i many times saw planes with extracted gears, because someone forgot to raise it. Also only my 1st and last visit at czech FH ii saw 110 flying with extracted gears, so FE IS SENDING gears status

6. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Just leave it as it is! On the other hand you could change friend/foe range to d20 and plane type range to d10...

Just a suggestion...

<S>

:cheers:

7. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

d10 for plane type? yeeah that would be insane for go to HO with unknownflying object :D

8. newtry

newtry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    AFAIK 12 and 6 view you can see the smallest area of the plane anyway (in comparison to view from above) ...
    And d10 is ok if you think of totaly banning icons...

Oh well...
    <S>

:mafia:

10. billy

billy Active Member

lol mart thats wright answer :D

bb , billy