So Reagan is dead

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -afi--, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Both dead. What now?

2. ratpak

ratpak Well-Known Member

what can i say? 7 SECONDS FUCKIN RULE :D :@drunk: :@drunk: :cheers: :cheers: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  3. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

american nightmare > 7 seconds > reagan youth

4. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

What is that?

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Read up on some of the history of Central and South America Vadim ;)

Btw, about Cuba. Did you know that in the 1980s Amnesty International hailed Cuba's human rights records, living conditions for its people, etc. Whereas in Chile, Nicaragua, Bolivia....in fact anywhere the USA had a hand in changing the regime, there existed things like systematic torture, death squads, displacement, etc.

Read Rogue State by William Blum, then tell me Reagan (amongst others) was not responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions ;)

-glas-

6. Vadim Maksimenko

I may read anything, but there still will exist Germany, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and other countries, that were under US or British influence, financial and even military support. Wonder why didn't they decide to settle political contradictions via killing own population? Don't you think this is a matter of local culture, not the "hand of the US"? Why are you so sure, that have those Mid and South American countries a chance to go the communist way, there would not appear "Polpots" that would kill half of latin america's population with ease? If the pro-US party was killing, what is the guaranty that pro-USSR or pro-Cuban power will not cover everything around with blood? You know, there are always sort of people that change "color" depending on what side is winning. And their behaviour doesn't change, no matter what side do they take (see FH, for example ;)) So those "death squads" would, for sure, exist, because political opponents would be, too. And this is just a way of normal "political discussion" for the countries you have mentioned.

7. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

And this kind of generalisation "hey, they are just beasts, they would be killing one another no matter the circumstances" just makes me sick. Sounds like fascist statesment: "in europe we are civilizated because we are superior, but in south-america, if they torture, is just because of their nature", bullshit. This kind of arguing just sucks.

8. Vadim Maksimenko

Noone forbids you to know the existence of Tenolchitlan (I hope my spelling is not so far from real), The Temple of The Moon, The Ritual Wars (where all POWs were sacrificed to gods), they yearly sacrifices of children to the gods and so on and so forth. Shall I tell you the place of all those rituals? Or will you reject the fact that killing sprees by Mid and South American gangs are known to be of the most pointless and bloody?

And I don't say their culture is inferior in any way (those words about superiority -- your words!), I say this is nearly normal to kill in Latin America where others would try other ways to settle the issue. I do not call that inferiority as you do, I count that a feature that comes from ancient Indian cultures of Middle and South Americas that were great and highly educated and left behind beatiful marvels of their culture and construction technology, but ... valued human life for nothing.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Tenochtitlan :shuffle:

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Amphetamine was antidepressant drug common in 1950's and 1960's, in fact you could get it over the counter (on prescription of course) till late 1960's in almost all countries (Poland and U.S.S.R. included, don't know till when it was in U.S.A). So why should one make such a big deal out of it, if amphetamine was legal (and considered to have good influence on human health) back then?

Marijuana being a drug? C'mon... have you ever studied on a University or in College :mafia: ;) Reading your words I kinda doubt it :D

BTW- that Democrat No.1 smoking pot in college was later responsible for the biggest surplus in U.S. budget and for the longest sustained economical boom... and those who try comparing "Zippergate" and "Potgate" with Republican No.1's "Watergate", "Iran-Contras", "ballotgate" are making themselves sound not serious :D

11. Perdomo

Hey man, i've even been to tenochtitlan, i've been on top of the piramid of the moon, and of that of the sun, i've visited chichen itza and uxmal, and i can tell you something, they killed thousands of people, but it was looong ago. Germans exterminated 6 millions jew people. Is their "way to be"? i don't think so. And NKVD? and the french and english people exterminating people in north america? and the spanish and portuguese people killing and raping in south america? and all the killing in ruanda, congo...? and the chinese? and pol pot? and stalin? and the gangas from the east? in my country most violent crimes are comited by people coming from rumania, ex-urss... and so on. So, brutality is in human nature. Killing is in human nature. But everywhere, read my lips, everywhere, there are things to be ashamed of. And things to be proud of. And no society, read again my lips, no society, can be judged be the deeds of only a few. And never (once again, please, my lips, never) we must make that kind of generalisations : "black people are just sooo wild, that's why they kill each other and you see so many blacks in prison in U.S.A." or "jewish like to keep money for theirselves" or "those bastard commies are just people for whom robbery is a way of life (read dattel forum :p ;) )". No, it is not in south american culture to kill people. It is not the way to make politics there, as you said. That kind of argument just plain sucks. It would be as saying that everyone from lithuania are violent murderers/robbers just because i know of some gangs in my country formed by people from your country. Would you like that? don't generalize so easily.

12. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Very well said, Perdomo.
    :kruto:

13. ~peek~

~peek~ Well-Known Member

yeah, what kutya said

14. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Yeah, what I said, definitely!

15. ~Top Jimmy~

~Top Jimmy~ Active Member

And how many American Indians did the 'new' Americans kill in their westward expansion? Countless thousands.

And don't forget the Japanese. How many Russians did they kill in the battle for Port Author? And later in Korea? And in China?

Many "civilized" countries have gone through an imperialist period where the slaughter of "barbarians" was celebrated. "Ethnic cleansing" used to be called "Manifest Destiny" in America.

These ideas are explored in James Bradley's book Flyboys, which chronicles the fate of nine American airmen captured on the Japanese held island Chichi Jima. A book particularly well suited to this audience I should think.

excerpt from Flyboys, by James Bradley
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/excerpts/2003-10-21-flyboys_x.htm

So, has the world changed? I'm curious how many of you will consider history beyond twenty years ago in reaching your conclusions.

Oh, By the way. To me, Ronald Reagan is a hero of the free world.

[​IMG]

16. Vadim Maksimenko

2 typos :) I knew I don't remember it properly :D

17. Vadim Maksimenko

The same to wine, whiskey, vodka, beer, and so on. Now say me, that losing you mind cause of intoxication is a good way to go...

In soviet times you better be drunk than intoxicated with drugs. Otherwise you are in jail. And 1 "contact" with police (militia) in our university was far enough to be expelled. Our university was a chance to enter a higher military academy. So, the requirements were appropriate.

To your notice, budget is being collected as taxes. Never have heard of "good high tax rate".

Economy of most countries does depend on the world economy climate. Especially those globalized like US, Germany, UK, France, Japan, and so on. To affect it a president or a prime minister has to change the whole law and tax system. Did Clinton do anything like that? What has he really done for his country's economy boost? Or did he just collected the consequences and bonuses of the previous leaders? The same way you may stand near the Niagara fall and claim it to be your achievement.

18. Vadim Maksimenko

I do not try to generalize. I just want you to understand that noone outside is responsible for the behaviour of your leaders. And, instead of doing the stressed above, you prefer to bitch some Ronald Reagan ;)

19. ~peek~

~peek~ Well-Known Member

Actually, not true, Gordon Brown, the uk chancelor (and next prime minister after tony steps down) has kept the UK's economy ticking over just fine through sound fiscal policy.

20. Perdomo

man, they are not "my leaders" i am not defending southamerican people because i'm from there. I am an european, but i just think that your bitching about politics and "murder culture" in southamerica sucks.

And of course i bitch ronald reagan as i bitch saddam hussein, or stalin, or mao, or pol pot, or castro, hitler, or franco, or videla, or pinochet.. or anyone responsible for the deaths of thousands of human beings. And ronald reagan helping/helped by some dictators in various parts of the globe had his hands full of blood.