Some good song

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Jacobe, Oct 16, 2009.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Glad someone likes Classical/Baroque music, I have tons on CD.

@hezey, Heart were and still are a great band, love that song, they had many hits <S>

@loose, Dick Dale is fantabulous. The guy was a lefty playing the guitar upside down strung for a righty, ( the low E string on the bottom and high E up top) he learned to chord that way. Now that is determination if ever I saw it. Love Miserlou it's a classic and had a resurgence because of the film 'Pulp Fiction'

Anyhow I'de love to post a song by a Band called "The Sidemen" They had a great acoustic version of a song called "Mr. Moto" only renamed Senor Moto because it was acoustic, think they have it on myspace but i can't get it to work :( So I'll leave you folks with this totally different then surf, but still great at a high volume :) enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUttk8RGHlo

3. looseleaf

WOW... Brings back memories ! Sidemen, the Ventures, The Bel Airs, The Duo-Tones, The Deltones (Dick Dale).....The Trashmen... even the Champs....

Finding the Sidemen's Mr. Moto was dificult but here's something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuEVLHA4mHw

the Duo Tones acustic version of Mr. Moto.

Yes, to see Dick Dale live was better than seeing the Rolling Stones live....

Miserlu :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UmmbF1Zyvk

he is 59 in this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9rg2uP_xXk&feature=related

circa 1962.

Mr Eliminator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoT792CfEwo

Oh Hell... just youtube these groups and listen !!!!!

Read about Dick Dale and his work with Mr. Fender and the Stratocaster development work done by Dick Dale. He is King of the Surf Guitar for more than one reason.....

:super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

4. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Here see if this works, there is a music player a little lower on the page, use the slide bar and page down a bit and Senor Moto is there.

http://www.myspace.com/sidemen

Oh and by the way the Duo tones acoustic version of Mr Moto is very good as well :) <S>

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

6. looseleaf

OH HELL YES !!!!!!! :super: :super: :super:

... an essential tape for the long road trip....

got my best speeding ticket with that album.....

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Oops, my bad, sorry :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Haha you posted my ringtone great tune, only one exception, Had my Wifey record it while I played the riff :) So, I'll take your Who knows and raise you with a Lullaby for the Summer ;) <S>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCVH0Wjiaeo

10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

11. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

This space for rent

12. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Fuck Hendrix chords. Too many years working on cars, tractors, whatever else he breaks and I fix because dad was too lazy/stupid to do it for my hand to have that kind of dexterity anymore. Then again, it could just be a matter of retraining my hands. Fucking thumbs...

13. looseleaf

You ever take a look at Hendrix's hands????? He could wrap his fingers around the neck.

The guy was a monster! He could have been a great boxer. He was also an Army Paratrooper.

Man, if you've got the drive, you can get your fingers to do what you want them to do.....

...and glucosamine chondroitin pills won't hurt either..... :znaika:

14. looseleaf

15. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

16. looseleaf

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  17. looseleaf

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

19. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

20. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Here's a weird story, but it's godstruth. I was down in New Orleans, like twenty (20) years ago, trying to stay out of trouble at that evil port.

A few nights that week, we were hanging out in some restaurant/bar that let poor chumps hang out and hear great New Orleans jazz music. Across the street they had this guy who looked and played just like Hendrix. That was his gig. But I remember thinking he was really a good guitarist.

But one night in the poor club across the way, I was sitting there nursing a beer. I was able to afford 1 (one) beer a night in those days, lol. I had like 5 (five) dollars in my pocket each night.

Anyways, was sitting there at a table in this small club, and in between songs I heard this older couple speaking with an English accent. Kind of a posh type couple.

And somehow I started talking to this old chap, and we got to talking about WW2 somehow. Turns out this guy flew RAF recon missions, and I was talking about the Peenemunde raids, because I'd recently read something about them or something, and he said he flew some of the recon flights leading to the big hits there.

That was a weird moment. He looked at me with such an expression, I'll never forget that. Could see his whole being go back to those days and after the initial emotions it brought a real "poker face." For about three nights, I went to that club and talked to that old chap and his wife. He was a retired professor from a university in northern England.

Maybe I already relayed that story, can't remember, so forgive if repeat.