Target Rabaul Warbirds Campaign

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by Natedo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I was trying to enter by one of the 217 ips. Trying the TH one now :)

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Okay it works :D

3. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Well its 1400 CST and there are about 20 online in TH. I've a feeling you would have had more. But I couldnt get in. I know 4 others that couldnt get in. It said " account not authorized " . So if there was no enlistment required, just how is one supposed to get authorized? I fear you may have shunned people away from TH with no clear guidance on how to be included.

4. magox-

magox- Active Member

Yay!!! GOOD JOB GOLDS!!!!! WE OWNED THE REDS!
    My job was take out the Hangar and radio from f9 and f8, but f9 was full of cons but no one of them saw me :D, try again next month reds!
    Nick: magosx-
    Score: 100240

5. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

You need to connect to the correct IP : 64.251.22.174

6. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  7. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

Nice Trk Maletin!
    It´s interesting to watch with icons knowing that you couldn´t see them.
    I hope that I can be there in the next one.
    raposo

8. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Well, I see the gold won frame 1. Hats off to you. I was looking at maletins txt record. I noticed one thing that bugged me. It looked as though the admins were changing TH into FH. TH has features that FH does not. Which is why I like TH better. But to change the contrails to 20000 for example... well what was the point of putting contrails in to begin with if an admin is going to take them out. And mortors were changed to 20. Im not sure if that increased the range or decreased the range. But since in normal TH you have to get damn close to drop a commando I can only think that it increased the range. Im just curious what the admins reasons were for this since. On a different note, Not until 3 hours after the designated start time did I find that you need to connect to TH directly rather than through the FH server. It would have been good to mention that in the first post of this thread. Not a complaint really, just a lesson learned for next time. Oh and the TS server no one was able to connect to it from my area. We got socket error 11004. I would like to have some positive things to say instead of all negative. I apologize for that.

9. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Hi skycpt!

By parts:

Well, I see the gold won frame 1. Hats off to you. I was looking at maletins txt record. I noticed one thing that bugged me. It looked as though the admins were changing TH into FH. TH has features that FH does not. Which is why I like TH better.

<-+-Thankx for your comments and be welcome to join us... anytime! :)

But to change the contrails to 20000 for example... well what was the point of putting contrails in to begin with if an admin is going to take them out.

<-+- At http://www.meiradarocha.jor.br/index.pl/diferenas_fh/th you can have all differences between FH and TH AND, THERE is stated:
    "Contrails Não existe. A partir dos 20 mil pés (20.000ft) , seu avião fará aquela fumacinha típica, do ar sendo cortado. "
    by sonicx...
    So we just turn TH in its standards before event... if you does not agree with the standards, (different from any server, you can join us in a positive way and state your considerations, and we (all TH community) will consider your imputs... :) as we do for ANY colaboration).
    (ops! it is in portuguese? oh sorry... but, if we can push ourselves to try to speak more than one foreign languages, I belive everyone doing a little can do that...:) )

And mortors were changed to 20. Im not sure if that increased the range or decreased the range. But since in normal TH you have to get damn close to drop a commando I can only think that it increased the range. Im just curious what the admins reasons were for this since.

<-+-Since the begin of this event, me (one of so called "admins") franz- and alemao (the other "admins") just was wondering that we trully believe that golds will not have a little chance against well coordinated red deffence. since this event in nothing differs from FH situation when some country has 2 fields and KNOWS from where and when enemy comes, the piots has the skills and the experience to avoid the fields lost... so, we thought (me and alemao in matter of facts) that could be nice if we increase the number of mortars of commandos from 16(standart) to 20 - no range changes, since it is in standarts, since we will have just only 4 L2d Tabby (Li2)... at beginning too few to implement an effective attack...
    But we was wrong, The red blockade at F9 was a shame, besides they put the deffencers at multiple levels, the fact of no icons virtually mess up all red strategy...
    Im in a Li2 at 3.5 k over F9, maybe I was maletins target <S!> I took a lot of nails, lost my wings, ( good guys... ill never forget you boys...) but even managed to drop commando from 3-4k and runaway to F8... all plane was shaking and making noises... I even called my companions at radio (TS) reporting that I was history near to be down... but... in midlle of way to F8 I dare to do an alt+v and gess??? NO CON BEHIND ME!!! kool!!! i escaped!!!..so, I report to ricedd, the guy that has the command of gold forces that im was in the game yet! only count of vibora's death when you see the coffin going down... :).
    So I reported to ricedd that I loose altitude running from fighters and will be a Kommando Nebula's classical "cisca" mission: Ill get that F8 alone and cutting grass... :)
    So I dropped commando at N of F8 and got to sea to avoid fighters, BUT when Im hidden at the sea, from nowhere I could see came and enemy and finished the work tha the guy at F9 begun...
    in the meantime, saddan, one of the 3 Shark Baits, dropped moloides at F9 and Got It!!! WTG Saddan!!! WTG Shark Baits!!! WTG GOLDS!!!!!

[​IMG]

Our tactical was set an scaled formation wich each L2d Tabby will took off with 3 minutes of delay (me first, saddan second, alemao/yamamo third), so we ever have some spare set of commandos/paras to do the job at any condition... and it works... With an G4m2 Betty (magox-) to blow hard targets, and the ricedd fighters to keep reds busy, we could achieve another glorious victory.

I must confess that was easyest that I foreseen... but we also are learning... more and more... day by day...

I HOPE that the fighter at F8 did not rolled by second time from F8 wich will be against the rules, I prefer to believe that fighter chase me from F9...
    But I do have the TRK from my glorious flight and Ill check it... no problem...

On a different note, Not until 3 hours after the designated start time did I find that you need to connect to TH directly rather than through the FH server. It would have been good to mention that in the first post of this thread. Not a complaint really, just a lesson learned for next time.

<-+- For us also, since saturday when we start to configure arena, we faced such logins problems and franz- did a really enormous job to try to fix it...

Oh and the TS server no one was able to connect to it from my area. We got socket error 11004.

<-+- Well, about this I think that is nothing that I can do for you... sorry... if is there anything I can help you just let me know! :)

I would like to have some positive things to say instead of all negative. I apologize for that.

<-+ No problem!!! criticisms in a good way is always welcome, in order to help to get this server better and better!!! the important thing is: YOU PLAYED, FOUGHT, AND HAVE A LOT OF FUN!!! IS NOT TRUE??? :D:D:D:D

Agora em portugues: Sonic, desculpa o piti que eu tive antes da missa... desculpa mesmo... não tem justificativa a não ser o nervosismo de conduzir meus rapazes à mais uma vitória humilhante... desculpa mesmo, é que nós do Kommando levamos mesmo a sério esse negócio de organizar e conduzir missões... foi mal... desculpa...

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  10. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

BTW : I lost one wingmen too. Unfortunately icons were off so i couldnt even know his name. R.I.P.

11. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

@ vibora, Thank you for taking my critism in a good way instead of bad way. :)
    Unfortunately I didnt play. By the time I did log in I really had to get back to my wife for mothers day.

As far as the teamspeak goes. I have a teamspeak server on a spare linux box. I have it running 24/7 just for warbirds. I would be happy to offer its use for the next scenario. I've had people from states, newzealand, australia, germany, france, connect with no problems.

12. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

@ Maletin, I was reading the txt log and I noticed that there is no gold comms. Or is it not possible to collect comms from both sides.

13. Maletin

you can allways record only the communication of your own side.
    in this event, there was no ch100.
    i have no access to any server-log-files (TH and FH).

14. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

i couldn't be there, but it sound great; positive point is that there a lot of special events now and ppl seem enjoy very much this :)

15. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Briefly:

1. insufficient promotion of event. You need encourage more pilots before event. In regular time of event start - there were ONLY about 5 or 6 pilots. Thats suck. No matter you challenge pilots in MA than - those guys originaly hadnt interest to play scenario, so their attitude is not optimal and thy know nothing about briefing. When more than 60% participants are walkons you can give up of some advanced level of event organization.

-
    2. persisting login trouble - thats such a long term issue of TH and wasnt solved until now. Its annoying. Is it so difficult technicaly to solve it or you guys are simply so inconsistent?

-
    3. too long delay of event start - can understand some technical issues (server restart), but anyway - one hour plus is too much. You havent organized event first time on TH, so you must know what needed to test and organize for it. I cant spend almost two hours for standby. This fact discourage me from participation on next frames.

-
    4. no icons - well, its very difficult from beginnig, but in some views it brings unhoped-for results. The gameplay gets interesting way and must confirm its positive. But - because we cant identify our friendly wingmen or leaders due to all skins are same - holding of formation and application of any cooperate tactics is unpossible. Thats wrong.

IMO there must be some compromise - maybe using icons on very short range (e.g <d3-6) and only for friendlies.

-
    5. DM - quite different from FH and looks very positive to me in general. But maybe (maybe..) durability of planes could be slightly decreased (or efficiency of guns increased). For killing Li2 i have used almost 2/3 ammo load from d1,5-2 fire distance.

-
    6. confirmation of kills - behaves quite strange. I got three planes: 1x A6M - confirmed, 1x Li drone - nothing, 1x Li2 stbying low near F8 - nothing. IMHO confirmation during the game encourage players a lot, so you shouldnt deprive of it. Event individual results must be available on the web asap. Thats mandatory feedback for players - the must know how they have done. Can imagine its lot of work to process all results - but no way.
    Anyway - thx for the event, you put lot of energy into. Hope next one will bring some improvements.

16. Maletin

17. Natedo

Natedo Well-Known Member

1° Srry guys, i have a problem with a phone line in satueday night. One truck has been cuted the line of the phones of my house ( and others ).. Srry for dont fly.. SRRY

2° Maletin, i go to put the form here ok. Today :)

18. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Hi RedBull!
    By parts:

1. insufficient promotion of event. You need encourage more pilots before event. In regular time of event start - there were ONLY about 5 or 6 pilots. Thats suck. No matter you challenge pilots in MA than - those guys originaly hadnt interest to play scenario, so their attitude is not optimal and thy know nothing about briefing. When more than 60% participants are walkons you can give up of some advanced level of event organization.

<-+- Well we're all learning how to involve an ideal # of players in each event... by now we are setting an special task force with mission to bring ppl for events... but you are right... we must get ppl in a mood to join events...
      -
    2. persisting login trouble - thats such a long term issue of TH and wasnt solved until now. Its annoying. Is it so difficult technicaly to solve it or you guys are simply so inconsistent?

<-+- during all saturday me and sonicx worked in TH setting it up... and login problems is persistent... I asked franz- about it (in a rude way, sry franz-...) totry to fix it and he did a humongous job to fix it, he also re-compilated all server trying to fix... the work still going on, lets hope that in the next frame its fixed! :)

-
    3. too long delay of event start - can understand some technical issues (server restart), but anyway - one hour plus is too much. You havent organized event first time on TH, so you must know what needed to test and organize for it. I cant spend almost two hours for standby. This fact discourage me from participation on next frames.

<-+- sry... but needed... the server restart was needed due an admins fault: TH was default setted for:
      -HOST-: * maxentities "30"
      -HOST-: * maxclients "15"
      That means only 15 pilots and 15 drones... clearly insuficcient for that event... so franaz- ask us golds about an server reset to provide correct settings... we golds agreed, I believe that loosers in other side agreed too (J/K) :D
      So, from now one thats is the standard at TH:
      -HOST-: * maxentities "200"
      -HOST-: * maxclients "100"
      But, you must keep something in mind:
      We all are new in this "business" we havent the experience of FH team and our (Great) software are not quite tottaly debugged, so, Im afraid things like those will (unfortunally) happens time by time... but I assure you: less and less...

-
    4. no icons - well, its very difficult from beginnig, but in some views it brings unhoped-for results. The gameplay gets interesting way and must confirm its positive. But - because we cant identify our friendly wingmen or leaders due to all skins are same - holding of formation and application of any cooperate tactics is unpossible. Thats wrong.

IMO there must be some compromise - maybe using icons on very short range (e.g <d3-6) and only for friendlies.

<-+- As ever, great consideration... ill make an report to Development team about your suggestion: friendly icons in short distances to help formation flights... due the inexistence of differences between planes... it could be a great improvement!

-
    5. DM - quite different from FH and looks very positive to me in general. But maybe (maybe..) durability of planes could be slightly decreased (or efficiency of guns increased). For killing Li2 i have used almost 2/3 ammo load from d1,5-2 fire distance.

<-+- IMHO DM in TH is perfect, but I could be wrong, as usual... I would like that -exec- publish the TH DM to show how it is well elaborated...

-
    6. confirmation of kills - behaves quite strange. I got three planes: 1x A6M - confirmed, 1x Li drone - nothing, 1x Li2 stbying low near F8 - nothing. IMHO confirmation during the game encourage players a lot, so you shouldnt deprive of it. Event individual results must be available on the web asap. Thats mandatory feedback for players - the must know how they have done. Can imagine its lot of work to process all results - but no way.

<-+- About it I really havent any consideration... personally I dont care about confirmations, ( I even think that lack of confirmations is good when we can see radio traffic less polluted...) but you know at TH majority opinion rulez...
    About web scores, as I told you in pvt, we are working on it... it got progress, but still almost ready to publish... (Im also anxious to see it working ASAP) but scores is already implemented, you just need to log at TH and see the scores... points, medals and a lot of info is there... But I know: We need to have it in web... :)

Anyway - thx for the event, you put lot of energy into. Hope next one will bring some improvements.

<-+- Welcome! It was a pleasure! believe... it needed a lot of work... but Im very satisfied w/ results... Did I mentioned that we won? did you noted that Shark Baits passed trough red blockade at F9? My commando blows F9 and saddan's moloides took the field easily?
    :D j/k I've got killed... couldnt share my companions the dance of victory... But I left F8 closed, just in case...;)

19. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

imo, the only good solution to drag ppl in scenario is to spam MA when scenario team players enter it; and send interrested players to learn more on forum.

20. Natedo

Natedo Well-Known Member