u stoopide arabese peeple

Тема в разделе "Warbirds International", создана пользователем gandhi, 22 окт 2005.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Yeah admittedly my post on the Pope thing a while back was pretty offensive, I don't remember if I apologized or not.

1 человеку нравится это.
  2. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Poor poor Catholic Church.
    It should appear on a list of Things You Should Not Buy [into].

Guilt
    Shame
    Repression
    Blame

Guilt, shame, repression and blame, in the nursery, that can make children mentally ill.

Tell your child he will go to hell for touching that.
    Tell your child he was born a sinner, or born bad.
    Tell your child not to touch that.
    Tell your child to confess his sins to a priest.
    Tell your child a priest can forgive him.
    Keep it up, keep at your child. Start when he is a small child and, really, has no idea of sin, or law, or duty, or morals.

Ever seen a dog that was raised with club and rope? Is that dog secure when he gets out of the yard and goes for a run? Can that dog be trusted to behave well, to not attack other dogs, or humans or chickens or sheep?

Gypsies are taught, from when they are small, that stealing is only a sin if you steal from another Gypsy. And, here at least, that has actually been used in Criminal Courts to atempt to explain a person's bad behaviour.
    I don't know if, as a legal defence, it worked, because newspapers here are told to shut up when what they are claiming can be seen as any sort of 'attack' on a group or a 'community.'

We have bigamist males living in British Columbia who are allowed, by law, to purchase and marry, twelve year old girls. So far, not a single one of those several hundred men are charged with bigamy, which is, in any jurisdiction in Canada a fuckin serious crime. Fucking twelve year old girls is a serious crime here also.
    But if you are a 'member of a religious sect,' like Gypsies or 'Breakaway Mormons,' you can claim you are only doing as The Book commands.

Fuck The Pope and anyone even remotely like him.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

im sorry.. do i understand correctly?

what pope has do to with mormons or gypsies?
    except that mormons who allow poligamia are cursed from catholic church?
    by the very same pope...

and gypsies whos style of life is so much different in every clan because they have no centralised culture?

could u explain that to me? or where am i missing the point?

i was raised in catholic family
    and i was thaught to feel all those u mentioned
    Guilt - when i hurt someone
    Shame - when i wasnt feel gulity when i hurt someone
    Repression - when i was tought i cant hurt anyone just like that
    Blame - when i was the one who hurt someone

Guilt, shame, repression and blame, in the nursery, that can make children mentally healthy.... if they are used in the right way
    if they are used to make u understand that ur not the only one who can suffer
    if u can feel happy or sad for someone else besides urself...

this is so shallow understanding (and practicing, i know) of christian faith..
    if u use faith, religion this way, u dont understand it
    so u cant be called good christian
    or whatever ur religion is

and no, i dont agree with catholic church in many points
    as i dont feel christian myself
    but i can understand some values from this faith, their purpose and meaning
    and its, ironically, quite the same u posted against poligamia or children exploatation...

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

why do u care

and go check what 'crocodile tears' mean before u use it

Последнее редактирование: 24 окт 2005
    1 человеку нравится это.
  6. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

u are u and u are u but if u no longer being u u gotta do something else... u goddamned (?) bastard...

(AMEN)

7. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't quite now what the initial discussion was about. But what I see now, there is discussion about Christianity, and I would like to make a few comments on this.

"[...]although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man?and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
    Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."
    - Romans 1, 21-25

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding." - God, Job 38, 4

I am not Christian by nature or anything. I was raised Christian, that's right (protestant). But as soon as I started thinking for myself, I gave up on it. I thought it made no sense, there's no prove etc etc. It went as far as me thinking, hell, I am God in my own personal universe myself. I AM GOD. And I actually stated this when relgious stuff like this came up for discussion. Then fate hit me pretty bad. Think: Lose your job, your basement, your woman, get beaten up, all at the same time, somewhat interconnecting with each other. Think: Doing pretty well, no worry about money or what, not thinking twice - just get what you want to get. This kind of stuff. Then BANG. GAME OVER. With little to almost zero chance to get back to where you came from. Then think, regular bar-visitor. Get drunk.
    Now, I am God, no problem, right? WRONG. But when I rectified in front of God, and prayed to Him, He did not give up on me, even though I had so openly betrayed him before.

The thing was, one day, I needed a phone call. A phone call which would get me out of my misery. I prayed to God, after I found back to Him, to help me. And I needed that call immediately, or the jig would have been up and the downfall accelerated. The VERY next day I got the call, and the chance to get this one was around 10%. But it didn't stop there. That would have just been enough to go with it. But it ended up with me now having chances which are even far beyond what my former situation offered. And, during this time of hardship, there were many things happening which would be too long to explain now but were not really to be expected. Stuff that doesn't really happen in the "real world". But it did. And I know it was not me who achieved that. It was God the Allmighty, about whom is written in the Bible, cause what happened was happening in accordance with what is written in the Bible. I am gratefull for God to show himself to me. Maybe He hasn't shown himself to you like that, yet. On the one hand, I feel sorry for you. On the other hand, you might want to be glad about it. Because the process I went through for Him to show Himself like that was not an easy one.

I am a pretty rational guy. Usually I believe only in stuff I can grab, too. But you know, what I found out, was that there are things happening you can more rationally explain by a Godly force behind it than "randomness". You understand what I'm trying to say? Things where "randomness" sounds less plausible than "God", by rationality. Where you can see an "idea" behind it. Where "well, just poor luck" is not plausible anymore. And you find a book where this, when you read it, is no randomness anymore at all, but was written some thousand years ago and described exactly what was happening to you some thousand years later. Can give you the shivers, actually.

Don't make fools out of yourself by denying the Allmighty. Like I did. You might have luck with it in this life, but your life is longer than your journey on this planet. God is very real. He is as real as you are. At least lend an ear of yours to him. If you are honestly doing this, you will hear. God is interested in you. It's up to you whether to listen to Him or not.

And btw.: I didn't write this to extrapolate myself as the "right one" above you or to ridicule myself, which might happen in the midst of all those Non-Christians here. I wrote it because this is the least I can give back to God as a thanks for his help. To at least tell others about Him. May they believe it or not, may they understand or not. Let them just know that some people on this world think God is as real as the next guy and have also experienced Him this way. The rest may well be up to God, and each man.

Regards
    heartc

Последнее редактирование: 25 окт 2005
  8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I didn't read your whole post. The second paragraph caused me nausea.

But related to what i quoted, i don't fool myself denying anything, as i believe God exists, and that God is me. No, it's not a joke or a prepotent sentence. I believe everybody is his own God. It's up to you to make your path through this life, it's up to you determine what your fate will be. And that's done by the way you act everyday. I see people trusting in "the almighty", and saying: "God will provide". Bullshit. That's the easy solution, imho. Stand up and fight for whatever you want, be friendly to those who deserve it, and you'll reach your own heaven.

That's when i'll find my personal God

9. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Educate me, plz

10. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

And what is that?

11. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Oh, I hear you. I do. But you should have read my whole post indeed. That you would have known that I INDEED HEAR YOU.

Regards
    heartc

12. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

In this, you are very right. And guess what. It is not in contradiction with God's word at all. Read the Bible, you will find out this is the way God wants it to be. You decide. Over this world, the Allmighty as well as the Evil has rule. You take your pick, every day, in each situation. But He judges. And helps, if you are willing to rectify and listen to Him.

In this context, note that it's also written in the Bible:

"For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
    for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
    For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
    in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
    on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus."
    - Romans 2, 12-16

Regards
    heartc

13. RolandGarros

You're a damned lot closer to Bia?ystok than I, but I guess they dont call then that there, like they dont know about canadian bacon in Canada

14. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

In fact they call it that there, but you said 'a bialy' not 'bialy' - you dont normally say 'a london', do you?

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

what would that be useful for?

16. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Why do you praise the Bible? For this text? You can find something similar in any law book, in the Coran, and in that called "human wisdom". Have you ever stopped by an elder and listened to him? They (some of them) can tell you something similar, because that's how a good person tends to behave, no need of a church backing that or a supposed God telling you that. If you're a "non-wolf to men" person, you'll "follow" the Bible, because it's no more than a social essay.

Any good person could have written that. The problem is that it was written by the apostles. And the way they did is something i bet Jesus wouldn't completely agree with. They tell us how to become good people, but they use it to make business as well. The best business ever, btw. That's what church is for me. Nothing better than Microsoft. A Nº1 in their field

17. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that make you thinking, and maybe look up stuff in it more often, for the fact alone that you yourself say it's something "good"? Maybe this happens to be because God is The Good, and accordingly knows what would be Good for us?

Well, I would have no problem at all to agree with you that "The Church" over history was not always a good thing (Middle-Age comes to mind here etc.). Note however that about this was also written in the Bible long before. Check out what kind of problems Jesus, God's son himself, had with the "established church" himself.

The Church, as executed, is a human institution. But God is an institution on His own. The matter it's all about is whether you believe in God (who's NOT yourself, but GOD), or not. That men have not always acted in accordance with God's word, even when they referred their behaviour to him, is an obvious fact. But that's not God's fault. It's the fault of mankind, it's what you wrote about with "every one is responsible for his own action and makes his fate this way." I myself have not visited a church since long. But I nonetheless believe in God. I listen to some internet-broadcast ceremonials though, usually each Sunday. But I do this just for my own preference. I believe you don't really need a Church. It's good to hear about God and meet or hear other people who might agree with you in their believe, but in the end, it's just about God's word and you. All you need for this, is the Bible. And please, don't come up with "The Bible is basicly the same as the Koran." Oh no, my friend, it is not. This is no judgmenent about the Koran, just a factual statement. If you say the Bible basicly states the same as the Koran, you are either a fool or have not read either one of them.

Regards
    heartc

18. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

No. I praise the Bible for the fact that it is God's word, the word of the one who helped me even though I ridicouled him before, like you are doing now.

Regards
    heartc

19. RolandGarros

[​IMG]

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good things in life i don't revere. Why should i do that with the Bible?

There are a lot of philosophers that say lots of good things, and teach more about human behavior that the Church and everything related to it do. Thatis, Bible, Pope, priests... they all say the same. And they never preachwith the example. They say: Don't kill. But support nazis, Pinochet, fascist regimes...
    They say: Don't steal. But a part of my taxes go for them, even if i don't want to. They say: Respect the children. But children are raped by preachers (in USA, Belgium...), and the Church does not even punish them. They say: Have children. But their preachers must respect castity.
    Isn't all that somehow contradictory? How can i believe in them, and, even more, how can i believe in a God that allows that? But not only allows that, but he's also cruel and brutal. You may say: That's what men deserve for their free choice right. But what do we need God for, then?

I really don't need him. I've been through bad times, and i've always gone out of them with the help, love and support of my family. If you want to believe God's incarnated in them, go ahead. I don't; i simply think they're great human beings.

And i don't need to beleive in anything else. I wouldn't stand the idea there's someone up there controling my acts, ready to judge me, and deaf when he wants to.

However, i already had a big discussion about religion in this forum. And it tired me to death. If you want to believe, ok, no problem from my side. I prefer not to believe. Expose your thoughts if you feel like you want to do it, but don't try to convince me, please. Thank you