u stoopide arabese peeple

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gandhi, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

in this thread you can find another discussion about religion. Skip a bit ahead from the first page. It was tiring, and frankly disgusting. That's why i don't want to repeat it.

Believer or not, i know what i am and what i want to be. I took and will take my decissions. Be happy if you're religious. Be happy if you're not. Peace

2. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Fuck I was totally wrong writin that.
    Jeez.

3. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Well, Broz, I don't know where exactly it is written in the Bible, but it is there, believe me. I am to tired now to dig it out (I really have no idea in which part it was written, but it is there - maybe I'll dig it up in the following days - or - you just believe me. The Bible really is a BIG book, jeez.) There is a part which states your point in an outlining way: It basicly says that God HATES those guys who are clothing themselves in "bright robes", pretending they are the saviours of His word, all the while with them themselves acting contradictionally to His word. Who are abusing God for their own glory and make people worshipping them rather than the Allmighty. So, basicly, you are again in agreement with His word. You might want to think about it. As I said, it's a thing between the Allmighty and yourself.

And, no, I don't want to convince you. I know that I am not able to do this based on some mere word exchange on some damn internet forum. I was not convinced by this myself, either. I just stated my opinion. And my opinion is that God is very real. And it will be up to Him and you whether you will be convinced or not. The only thing I would like to ask you is just that: Just never close the door completely. When you are so determined in your opinion about YOU being God...well, then you don't need to be afraid of anything, do you? So, you don't need to be afraid to keep the door open a split, either. In your world, all that can happen to you, is hear a lot of dung, which you will quickly neglet. In my world, all that can happen to you is you'll hear a whisper of God. And you should not neglect that chance in my humble opinion. You have nothing to loose.

BTW, I like to listen to the broadcasts on the net of this guy here. I would like to provide the link to it for those who are interested. Because, even though I tried to make a case for God the best I can, I am no preacher myself. For those who are interested, might want to visit this link here:

Pastor Bayless Conley

The site gets updated every Saturday or Sunday.

This guy's enthusiasim was which made me interested in God even when I still was not a believer and thought I was God myself. Because he seemed pretty rational on the one hand, but believed in God on the other hand nonetheless. It was his enthusiasm which made me curious. And later, I found he was "God-Damn" right. Many thanks to him.

Regards
    heartc

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  4. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Well, if you say it was disgusting, I have no interest in investigating it. I would trust you on that. I remember I made some occasional "quick-checks" on several topics here, like I use to do, and I found *several* of them disgusting and/or irrational, so I didn't venture into them. And I do need no "disgusting" discussions about the Allmighty. I felt however, that our discussion here was not disgusting, so let's just keep it at that, and thanks for your time. Peace to you, too. Whatever way you think is the right way to gain it. It's up to you. I have no problem with that consensus based on my Christian religion. I am not the one to judge. I am just a man, like you.

Regards
    heartc

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

its not false sadness, or hypocrisy itself - like u used it

its pretending to be remorseful when u hurt or use someone, causing his harm
    i cant see how those who mourned pope harmed him in any way before

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Do you have a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary handy?
    In this particular case the etymology & the proper usage differ somewhat.

7. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

do da suicide-bombmen represent da whole islam?

da suicide-bombmen say that they attacks are dun in da represent-ay-shun of da islam

but muslim schlars condem terorism in da 'fatwa'

if u can not to judge da islam from a few suicide-bombmen then u can not to judge christian by activi-ties of few preachaz

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

u're right gandhi.
    but the church is an institution, those priests have their superiours that must punish them.
    more than that, those priests preach the respect for the children. and then rape them. i bet the suicide bombmen don't preach "love anyone including your target".
    so there's a difference.
    btw, dunno which one of them is sicker.

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I never closed it fully. Even though i'd like to. Maybe i'll listen that whisper someday. Maybe not, but come what may, i know i'll be happy.

Thanks for being respectful to my non-believevance (or however it's spelled). You're the first believer i find that reacts like that.

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

It became disgusting because, though i was discussing with a "supporter of the belief", he didn't act like one. And it turned into something personal. Whatever, i think you misunderstood me. I in no way say i'm God. What i meant is that God is a senseless concept for me, and that what you believers consider His voice is, imho, what i call common sense. Good does not tell what is right or wrong, but common sense does. I don't kill a guy in the street, but not because it's God's word to not kill, but because i consider that immoral. That's why i say i'm my God, as well as i think that you're your own God, and i believe that whisper you hear is your mind telling you: Be strong, you can pass that river, climb that mountain and love that person.

Or so i want to believe :)

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

1st: Did i say i respect in any way the Islam? In the thread i linked i said that clearly. Religions suck. All of them.
    2nd: A suicide bomber reacts representing himself to gain God's favor. A preacher reacts in the name of God to teach believers how to get near to Him. I can understand a suicide bomber trying to get closer to God that way, but someone who speaks in the name of God can't behave like that.

And i think the same with the muslim leaders that promote Jihad. They can't order something like that in the name of God.
    All in all, be us catholics, muslims or atheists, we're all the same shit, and immoral acts prevail over what (imho) is good.

1 person likes this.
  12. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Is there a proverb like this in spanish?:
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

no, afaik

Why?

14. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

J
    U
    S
    T

B
    E
    C
    A
    U
    S
    E

15. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Oh, I was wonderin. See, I read some of yer stuff in this thread and I like it. I was wonderin if either you had that Proverb in Spanish or if you, well, maybe, um say to yourself, ever,
    'Kemosabi, sometimes thing done with good motives is bad thing.'

16. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

heh ok i wont even try to prove old polish dictionnary is more accurate than the oxfords
    especially on such slippery ground
    my mistake..

17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Of course good motives lead to bad things sometimes.

But i can't blame a bad outcome if the intention was good. I've been hurt unintentionally some times in my life, but i can't blame those who did it, because they were trying to do a good thing (or so i think). Of course, we're human, and can be mistaken. But it's not me who will judge every action.

However, there's a so slight difference in there between good and bad. What i feel is ok can be terrible for you and viceversa.

18. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

You are towering because the wtc is gone, he-he.

(this resonates with the first part of this thread, I hope)

19. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Hell yes, in a highly meditative way.

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Lol, gypsies have no religion! They take up what is more convenient where they live. Believe me, weve had gypsies here for 5-600 years.
    It is rather ethnical traditions. Buying brides for gold, etc. But anything traditional I respect. All the social problems with the gypsies started when they stopped being traditional (and it is the modernisation and settlement programs to blame for that).

As regards to your comment on religion - it is indeed superficial, but unfortunately the majority of actual believers also have a very superficial understanding. and they give religion its image to the outsiders. thats why it is loosing ground to atheism.

Truth may be very complicated but one could see it only as complicated as he is. Thats a fact. No matter if it is about religion, science or art.
    Interestingly religion does not thrive when vulgarised (unless pagan), while science turns into a religion. (And art turns into hollywood and evening classes for decorating pottery).

my tupence of wisdom for ya :)