USA vs. IRAK

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Benjamin8, Mar 20, 2003.

?

Is USA's attack to Irak ok?

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. no

105 vote(s)
    76.6%
  3. who cares

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sanctions are supposed to hurt a country Illo. Saddam still had the means to feed his people, but chose not to, instead rebuilding expensive palaces by the bucketload and paying the families of suicide bombers.

I wonder if they were so vocal in their condemnation of the Iraqi regime for the atrocities committed prior to this action. That, imo, would make them truely neutral.

Breaking the Geneva convention on P.O.Ws and being the mouthpiece for the biggest single terrorist in history can hardly be considered a pillar of impartiality.

-glas-

2. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I find amazinly how those images are breaking GC and the ones showing that "hundreds" of iraquis deserted, killed or prisioners are not...

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I dont understand what you mean fla.

Not every person who comes over to the Allied side is a P.o.W. There is, i imagine, a specific reason why it applies to P.o.Ws. Especially after the sickening way Saddam treated them in the last Gulf War.

Or perhaps it's okay for men to be butchered then paraded live on TV for propaganda purposes?

Regardless, the point is the Geneva Convention is there to protect P.o.Ws whether we like it or not. And they broke it. So my point was are these the actions of an organisation who can be called impartial or reliable?

It's a matter of opinion i guess....

-glas-

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

I guess fla meant that the same way you condemn Al-Jazeera for transmiting images of coallition's soldiers in POW status, you should condemn CNN for doing the same with Iraqis POW...
    Just yesterday I saw them showing Iraqis being somewhat humilliated when soldiers invaded their houses... very sad. The guy tied by that stripe, sat on ground and the soldier slapping his head to make him look forward. All that on CNN...

5. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Sry glas, not very clear really :p

I hope you understand after what raf said.

BTW, why aren't those guys in Guantanamo Bay POWs ?

6. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

No comments.

Attached Files:

7. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

8. Tacmud

Tacmud Well-Known Member

damn....I hate this fucked USA with G.Bush more and more. Here isnt any power to stop it? What the fuck do Kofi Onan???

9. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    To all USA's supporters:

First watch 'Bowling For Columbine' and then criticize other countries! You can't imagine how much more fucked-up USA is, when compared to the rest of the world...

You can find the film (actually documentary) on KaZaA

<S>

10. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Because they are in American custody......dah!!

regards, Oz

11. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

You should retake northern Russia - Greater Great Bulgar? - and then launch a preemptive strike against the asteriod belt as revenge for the Tunguska event

12. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

AL-Jazeera has showed both Iraqui and Allied POWs. It's not comparable to one sidedness of CNN.

Seems like this is first time ever in history that someone cries of showing POWs in TV.

I've seen countless of images of vietnamese POWs, Iraqui POWs and Aghan POWs. To me they arent any different from British or US POWs.

Why to argue from this?
    There are much greater tragedies in war.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  13. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Rgreat with that immage you have ruined my day :(

The war is started and nothing can stop it, if USA army should stop it now the US economy would never save itself from the crisis that would follow.
    So i hope they will get Saddam fast (because I'M PRETTY TIRED TO SEE IMMAGES OF PIECES OF CHILDS EVERYWHERE) and that those genius who think to know Arab world and religions will find a solution for put a "democracy" that will be nearly the same democracy that Iraq has already.

If it's true that every twisted it comes given back 10 times more...then USA and UK will never stop to pay.

(glas heartc and everybody who think to reply, first check the immages posted by rgreat and spaceb, check them for 10 min. and think how beautifull will be the democratic life of those thousand of childs who lost family and part of theyr body).

Ah i was forgetting, Iraq peaple is starting with suicide attacks on USA army, and peaples think that Iraq must be country who hide terrorists.
    Now think to the peaple who had to loose his family under an USA missile, or worse, his childs survived but in ugly condition...what it follow is a man who get crazy, ready to follow his family and with him at least 10 US soldiers.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  14. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I dont think terrorists qualify as P.o.Ws fla, hence why it wouldnt apply to them.

@ Raf: Would it surprise you at what CNN do? If they have been showing the clear faces of P.o.Ws then they/the US are in breach of the same thing. Two wrongs done make a right :) I can only comment on the UK media, who I know are adhering to it.

-glas-

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Ive seen the pics Odi, lots of them.

When it comes down to it, its only a matter of opinion. IMO the action being took will, in the long term, be for the benefit of the Iraqi people. It was always inevitable that we would see pictures like this, war will always cause suffering. But the suffering these people have endured under this regime is a much more brutal and widespread kind and has been going on since he came to power in that country.

-glas-

16. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

22 April 1999?

17. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

the jihad has been triggered - suiciders are ready in lebanon.. many from lebanon, egypt, sudan and even a couple of palestinians are included. now if you add that to the iraqis...
    war against terror, huh

18. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Glas today i had the occasion to speack with an English professor, hi's name is Hussein and he come from Iraq. He live in Switzerland since 1978 but he never forgot his country.
    He just sayd me, Iraq will never accept any democratic option if forced, and more of all they will never accept anything from USA (we can immagine why they think on this way).
    As happened for Hussein, USA will be forced to give to the new leader an Army force, the 3 factions will never cohabit even if 2 of them have the same religion. The "War" for the political power will begin and the winner will never have the power to force the respect of the new laws, only way will be the Army as Hussein has now.
    Nothing will change, we will see only much more and new war between the population and the civils will pay it with theyr life.

That's not from CNN or Al Jazira, it's from a person who lived in Iraq, lernt the english in UK, lived in USA and now in Switzerland.

I believe more on him than in what i can read in News paper or on TV

19. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

heh... no doubt, Odi.

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

cc I know that. We dont speak about history here - otherwise ALL of todays Serbia was clean bulgarian land until the XII cent. The Serbs lived in todays Bosnia. :)

Im interested, devil, if your historians say different?

Usually it is considered what are the people living in the region at the present time.

In Macedonia the issue is even more complex because, if you look at serbian-made, bulgarian-made and greek-made maps of current ethnical constitution (talking about beginning of XX cent.) they all have different colors. :)

it is notable though that both serbian and bulgarian maps agree on the greek and albanian population