Why americans still die in Iraq

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by jotaceTOGA, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

If they don´t kill themselves while watching hiting the head on the wall or jumping from the building!!
    Did you see the Mickey?? He scares!!!!!
    And have you noticed he is cross-eyed and was holding his mouth almost all the time??

2. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

About the water, I know that some arabian ships, like the ships to transport oil, come to Brazil and take some water with them to sell it there. As I remember the news that I saw, they go trought Amazon river.
    It was in portuguese and I son´t remember the link. Sorry.

And how about the Israel technology to transform sea water in drinkable water?

http://www.water-technology.net/projects/israel/

3. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

That technology has been around a long time. Saudi, Kuwait, US, Japan, and many other countries which border a sea or ocean engage in desalination.
    If you really want to see wonders look at the other technologies which are in use by many countries such as solar, wind, bio-electric, thermal, etc.

I need to verify, but I heard very recently that Israel is the largest solar user per capita. It wouldn't be surprising, the technology is easy.

The bright side to all of the above, and with the advances in new technologies is the reduction of need for oil. I personally give the Middle East 50 years before they become a non-player on the world energy market. What makes my belief more strong is the princes of the house of Saud also believing the same, and hording their holdings while they have something left to horde.

4. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

A__Company_Of_Soldiers

Worthwile watching imho, regardless your general view on the war, as there is little in ways of propaganda / political commentary, if any. It's about soldiers conducting combat operations in an urban environment, showing some of the difficulties.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  5. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

7. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

I chose to spend my time in that "EVEN BETTER" way :D

8. Red Ant

Before heartc accuses me of not taking this thread seriously, I did watch the other two videos (both of them!), and yes it is interesting stuff. ;)

9. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Two interesting videos.

I totally agree, Rumsfeld should go down in history as a clone of McNamara: Both equally worthless, and dangerously stupid.
    Unfortunately Bush, (holding to his southern values,) was bitterly faithful to his friends, so it took a long time to get Rumsfeld out. Those values are good to have most of the time, but have no place in politics.

With regards to the lack-of plan after the Saddam was removed, another historical example of group-think creating another social dilema.
    Group A doesn't like Group B who can develop the plan so Group B is forced to choose people that Group A likes versus the people actually needed. The people who go there and see that Group B was right can't do anything without Group A's approval because Group A is a polarized group, and has to micromanage Group B, regardless of outcome, e.g. Rumsfeld.

In hindsight it is interesting how little they understood the military.
    An Army is designed to destroy things by force, and when they finally released it for a short moment on Falluja and Sadr City they were shocked at the destruction it was causing. I would like to see their answer with regards to, "at what point did the reality of what a military is for sink in."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  10. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

boosh is from new england.
    his only southern value is that he values the fact that southerners are retarded.
    when you're fooling some of the people all of the time, that 'some of the people' are southerners

11. Red Ant

Bush grew up in the south. IMO that essentially makes him a southener, even if he was born in New England.

12. RolandGarros

born connecticut, school massachusetts, college connecticut
    both are south of maine
    after college he couldn't make due on his own, so as punishment his dad got him a job in the south

13. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

LOL, you prick :)

14. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

He grew up in a creche, a sheltered, silverspoon whitebread [sorry].
    A jetsetter.
    USA can and does manage to get commoners in the office of President. It can and does happen. Which is entirely to their credit.
    :cheers:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  15. RolandGarros

boosh is probably the most effective usa politician in the last 60 years if not more. he gets everything he wants, if he has to get it ugly, then so be it. if he didn't play dumb, then he would never have gotten the votes of all of the lower class idiots and it also lets just about everyone to absolve him of responibility when his actions seem to go awry

16. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

A state which is listed as 2nd in the US for GSP, and 10th in the world for PPP, (IMF listing.) In comparision the overly oil rich country of Saudi Arabia ranks only 26th.

Considering it has the 2nd highest in the nation GDP, the majority of the technology, defense, pharmacutical, agricultural industries, and maintains the home of NASA, what you call retarded is considered by the majority to be highly intelligent, especially when you consider that by itself Texas maintains a $100 billion per-year positive trade with other countries.

If your country can do better let us know, until then, don't cuss with your mouth full. :mafia:

17. RolandGarros

texas, not part of the south, but wishes it was.
    aspirations to be the south is probably the only thing more retarded than the actual south itself.

18. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

California out performs all states of the Union and is ranked the 6th largest economy in the world.

The great weath of Texas is concentrated only in the oil sector and only in a very tiny minority.

Nasa is HQ'd there only because it's cheaper than Florida and it's nearest to Florida in the 2nd most southern spot in the nation.

Texas has the cheapest of all Mexican laborers, legal and illegal.

19. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

"He may look like an idiot and he may talk like an idiot...but don't let that fool you. He is an idiot. ..."

Grouch Marx

20. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

i only ask because some1 needed to ask it:

is looseleaf the biggest douchebag on forum?

(i am huge douchebag, but by choice)