Why do people do what they do?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by casper1, Jul 31, 2008.

1. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering why some people do the things they do. I have been playing this game for many years and have seen a lot of changes in not just the game but the people who play it.
    We have devs and admin who put their time and energy into making this as realistic and playable as it can be. I, for one, am delighted to see someone making an effort to improve this Sim that many have enjoyed for years. I am not a data wiz with any of these planes and know if this game was completely realistic, I wouldn't even get off the ground. There will always be improvements to be made and tweaks here and there but why do some people just want to complain all the time? I am grateful to the FH team for the work they done and say Thank You All.
    I also wonder why some people play this game for the sole purpose of ruining it for others(i will not use the word cheat because there is no way to prove it). Did anyone ever wonder why we can't get more people playing this game? If you were a newbie and you fly a few sorties and got PK'd everytime or you finally shoot down a plane and they selfkilled, would you think this sim was fun???
    I know few will take this post serious and most won't even care but thanks for letting me make my statement anyway.
    <S> FH Team:super:
    Caspy

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

damn I can never know why I get different impressions of you on the forum and on MA, I do like the forum ghost though ;)

hard not to admit you're right on this one, though I do my share of complaining myself
    guess that's human nature, never enough, always something wrong

btw, the pe-8 case really annoys me ;)

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Hey casper;

Yup, you nailed it right on the head.

You're right, many more people would play this game if it weren't for those spoilers and cheaters.

It is a very good thing what the admins and devs have done. A true unselfish act with a lot of hard work for the benefit of their friends and players all over the world.

Now as for the "whiners" , "complainers" go here at the forum; well that's what a forum is for.

As one of those complainers, I give them and anyone else my opinions, based on historical facts or just the way I see it, right or wrong. It's free, just as their online game is.
    They are free to do with it whatever they want. In fact it's sort of our responsibility in a way to give them that feedback.
    I'm sure the admins/devs take all what we say with a grain of salt.

The real unfortunate situation is that whenever there is any online game, either by paid subscription or free there will be abusers, spoilers, cheaters, all sorts of anti-social behavior by those less educated, of low self esteem. Those unfortunates who having no self-respect cannot respect others in the game.

I suppose they can't have an online moderator that can kick-out all the unruly players 24/7.

Yes, I'm tired of all the spoilers/cheaters too. many times I thought to myself; what the hell am I doing messing around with this game full of idiot-losers-sociopaths?
    The reason I come back is that when I hook-up with some of those friends online and we share a few jokes and a few missions no matter if we get trounced or we really kick some opposition butt off the map, the fact we worked together and tried is more important than winning or losing.
    It's those few times that when there was that connection, these guys (and gals) far away of different cultures, countries, languages, that I may never meet in person. Sharing those laughs, trials and tribulations of this online flight sim game that made enduring all those ass-holes worth it.

So until they perfect that 100% perfect ass-hole filter, we take our chances and hope for the best
    every time we log-on.

:alc:

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

ehh caspy... <S>
    if everyone were like you...

...id have streak of 1000 every tod

:D

5. looseleaf

if 'everyone' was like casper, spuint; YOU would be too!

6. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

You ´ll have streak as long as Vasco wants you to have it...

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

wrong
    im not everyone

8. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I hate when people are grateful and happy about "the sim"...

:D

9. saves

saves Well-Known Member

Casper for president !!

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I once addressed this issue with little response before. Things like causing the bullets/tracers to splatter all over making it harder to hit something, icons that don't show up till too late so a pilot wastes hoards of time flying to chase down dot just to find out it's a friendly. G-overs that never end, PKs from hmacks/acks/gunners are just disappointing. I personally find it depressing to have early model Japanese radial engine fighters diving after without wing ripping, catching faster sleek aircraft on deck.

But hey, I could go on and on. I'll just end it here for now. :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  11. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Second. Let the vote begin.

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yup. vacancy.
    but since i don't fly since long ago (because i hate arena rules and dm)
    i cannot point anyone whoo i know could be such an online moderator.
    may be devs know.

p.s.since i want to fly i want to fix dm and rules to recreate spirit of 2000.
    that's what i'm a developer of 1.67/1.672 these days.

13. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

dont forget to fix the dm of the tail of the p47 :p
    1 shot and h/vstab/vator gone

14. saves

saves Well-Known Member

the same with the 190,
    the wing, stabs

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

dm is server side and another long sad story. dm will be changed this year to the same as in tabahost

16. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Apart from flaming the forum with numerous complaints about otto and hmack settings I also did express my gratitude towards the hosts.
    I think that some pepole's behaviour, especially outrage shown in connection with the server being down or FM is unacceptable.
    It's free, so it is their way or highway - simple as that.

Radial or rotary?
    Rotaries died out in WWI because of an illness the more powerful ones seemed to suffer from... it was called "the cilindritis".
    Here's an article on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine

17. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

no he meant rotary, 1983 RX-7 is the basis for the new hmack.
    WTF ,VAPOR LOCK o_0 FUCK DEVS!

18. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

19. looseleaf

Let's see;
    all rotaries are radials but not all radials are rotary.

I guess it all depends where you bolt your propeller.
    :dura:

20. looseleaf

So I guess they're not using the 13b motor then?