Why do people do what they do?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by casper1, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well, I already had an S1, so I have something to keep me busy for now as well, the TBO's are quite fun to race :)

I go under the name Zembla, as usual :)

-Z

2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

The best Cobra replicas are and will always be:

http://erareplicas.com/

FYI: As you most likely never have driven one, they are very impressive in a straight line. When it comes to cornering and general road handling there are a number of smaller displacement sports cars that have far out-performed the AC 427 Cobra. In anything more that a 15 drive you will notice your feet and legs getting extremely hot, even if it's freezing cold outside. Those cars were never made for country roads.

I witnessed a very impressive display many years ago at an annual sports car club event.

In the unlimited class of timed 'auto cross' course someone entered his 427 SC Cobra- this was the real car and not one of those so-called replicas.

Towards the end of the event these two kids arrived with their Autobianchi Bianchina Abarth; A little two seat rag top 500cc air cooled motor with an Abarth cylinder head, cam, oil pan and single Weber carburetor.
    The kid beat the Cobra by more than 3 seconds and several hot rodded Corvettes.

However popular, the accepted though that excesses of horsepower is all that matters in road racing is grossly in error.