Why most of players play on gold side nowadays

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jacobe, Feb 15, 2007.

1. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

lol, and thats coming from a guy who wants that all planes should be available for all sides

2. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

in p47 yes , else i would be running always :D

in 190 below 3km always and in 109 co alt, to improve my SA and climbing abilities

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

when you clearly disagree with point i make and agree with point i didnt make that isnt 'agreeing' for me..

this remembers me one mirror-like thread from long time ago, when one guy (from out of europe obviously..) wouldnt believe me when i said bigmed isnt 1/1 scale europe map

im not even going to comment the 'nonsenses' you brought up, because all this doesnt make sense
    but if you think that we have here a terrain in scale 1:1 of la manche arena or any other (why else would you talk about flying from point x to y and comparing to real distances?) then let me tell you you are very wrong

and it isnt this way because couldnt be done the REAL way
    but, who would fly so long for few minutes of combat and then (mostly) die?
    yes die, because the tasks real pilots were given were much more difficult than what you get in any sim and most of the ppl wouldnt be able to follow the flight plan, not to mention dealing any of the dynamic situations the other factors would create
    thats why they had training first

you cant get too real in game for shoeseller schoolkid or student, simply becasue playing it isnt their life and they cant spent their whole time on it and they are not trained to deal with real conditions
    you can SIMULATE that tho
    thats why terrains are smaller, fights are more dynamic, aiming is easier
    thats why you have simple rules, spit turns better, but 109 climbes faster; 190 rolls better but.. etc.

only a matter of this game is to keep the differencies and let players use them to win the fight

only thing is, if these are kept
    and my point is, they are
    more or less real, but even for both sides, even tho things are different for both sides in few points
    thats what statistics would tell you, if you care to check, thats why statistics ARE indicator of this fact (skill not quite)

4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

No. Any stats derived from this game play is very misleading. You believe certain features/bugs average out. They do not. There are so many compound variables that there is NO way to obtain any definitive answer regarding the quality of the players, the flight models nor the "bugs and features" of the game.

"more or less real". now that is really a great defining statement.

Yes, the game cannot be 100% "real" but it is my opinion that the FM are greatly distorted in favor of the German and Japanese planes for various reasons......
    ....some of those reasons are for "game play enjoymnet". Who's greater enjoyment is a question of debate.

With regards to fuel and range. Yes the maps are not to scale. Yet it is "unfair" IMHO increasing the range of the German planes at the cost of the American planes.

At the very least: remove the fuel minimums.

Perhaps you will understand this example:

A6m attacks red field. 153 takes off with 40% min fuel. Light Zeke now has advantage. Sure 153 can take off from other field but by the time 153 arrives to that field attack is over.
    For those players that cannot dedicate countless hours to this game there should be some way of getting into the action without just being vulch bait.

Obviously we are not having a conversation. Most everything you say I do not agree and most what I say , you do not agree. And that's OK.

We are different and we have different expectations for this online game.

If you are satisfied with the present state of the flight models, game features etc.

Well, good for you.

5. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

good point

oh wait...

waht was that u wer sayin about the quality of players, the flight models und the bugs and features of game?

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

same rules on both sides
    same bugs on both sides
    different aircraft (fm, dm...)
    but statistics comparable
    conclusion?
    well, if someone doesnt want to take any conclusion, will not take it no matter what

its not a statement, its alternation. its up to you to decide how real/not real it is
    i even stated it is far from real, closer to entertainment and balance
    if you want to be picky, dont put in my mouth statements i didnt make, but use the ones i did

if you prefer 3 sides, no rps, same aircraft on both sides..
    well, good for you

anyway, thanks for another vital conversation, since it doesnt evolve and you are not going to accept anything i wrote, i wont try anymore

7. looseleaf

".....same rules on both sides
    same bugs on both sides
    different aircraft (fm, dm...)
    but statistics comparable
    conclusion? ....."

I said, there can be no conclusions of quality of game, nor pilots by the data collected by this game.

NOT same bugs on both sides.... in fact who decides what is bug , what is feature?????

"more or less.......

....... its up to you to decide how real/not real it is........"

Again a very profound statement that means nothing!

".......if you prefer 3 sides, no rps, same aircraft on both sides..
    well, good for you..."

Yes, good for me , but I did not say that I prefer no rps or three sides.

I said that I would like to see a system like Aces High or at least an arena where everyone can choose to fly any plane or in other threads I asked about an arena where only one plane for both sides would be available and as time passed the plane available would change in chronological order.

There is no evolution in the exchange of opinion.

You have yours and I have mine and they are different.

I can accept that, no problem.

8. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i didnt bring statistics to prove quality of the game, but balance

i clearly exluded bugs(/"features") on dm and fm from the bugs/"features" of gameplay in my statement (as an aircraft dependant)
    faus, jeeps, rules etc. is what i was talking about - these are 'available' and same for both sides

maybe because it isnt statement? how may times you want me to repeat that?
    i was talking about gameplay and balance APART if it is real or not (reality wasnt the subject of what i was trying to prove)
    do you understand that?
    how hard is it to understand?

9. looseleaf

That is one of my points of disagreement:

I do not think there is a balance between the sides!

I have observed that there is a majority of gold players online over-all.

There are times where the reds outnumber golds, yes. Though in the majority of times that I have been online the ratio shifts to a majority of golds.

That is what is being discussed. The question here was why.

10. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

Cmon guys :**** for both!

11. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

Ill tell u wat ive noticed since ive played at freehost (concerning numbers):

1st. Every new TOD, some squads change to different colour for the duration of the TOD, this definitly tips the scales to one side for that TOD. Since ive been here, 3 out of 5 (*estimate) TOD's have had higher gold numbers, but that number varies.

2nd. At different points of the day (considering world times and shit), the balance shifts. When im online I fly for the side with the lesser numbers. Wat I find is generally, I fly red in the morning, and gold in the afternoon. But as i said above, this changes some TOD's.

3rd........ why are you upset at being outnumbered? More shit to shoot at, combat situations are alot more hectik and intense, no assholes to try and shoot at ur burning kill, and to get a kill, you dont have to be running round like a fuckin seagull after a chip.

Its because they all want to kill you. Its not personal or anything lol :D

3 people like this.
  12. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!! :kruto: WHY IS SO DIFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THIS BY NOOBZ!!!!!!!????

13. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Being outnumbered? I just treat is as a wide choice of targets :)

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Well yeah, target rich environment sure beats no enemies at all but I prefer an approximate 1 : 1 ratio.
    OTOH, how annoying is it when there are only about a dozen people online in total and 2/3 of them go off and invest their time into defeating the AI by capturing undefended fields on the other end of the map? :rolleyes:

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

get a wingman :p

16. Red Ant

Shut uuup! :p

17. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

lol, he'd have to find another maniac to climb to 25kft with him first :p

18. Red Ant

I can't even recall the last time I've been up that high. :mad:

19. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

...6 million feet was only show off verbally???

omg, now I feel a loosening of the faith again :(

20. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

lookie