WTF is with the P-38?

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Ben, Jun 12, 2006.

1. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

fly backward is warper stuff

2. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

When I flew the p38 I thought the rudder control was quite realistic.

j/k :lamer:

3. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

I dont like writing same thing again and again, there are many sources how manueverable p38 was.

FM of p38 isnt realistic, it is very unstable and flaps are strange...but it is better at all than FM in il2, i tried it and p38 in il2 sturmovik is brick without any chance to alive.

WB FM ints so complex like TW FM so it could be OK if rudder will be fixed...nothing more, ya?;)

4. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Problem caused because ivan destroy P-38 FM long time ago, but looks like he forgot rudder :D and now using rudder makes spin because entire plane is a total crap

say "thanks" to -bw- btw. he is an "expert" who changed excellent game into that shit called 1.66 now, p-38 was "the beginning" or "the opening", next was F6F, and many others.. mostly us-planes but even 190 last times
    damn, he cant even fly.. and he is modelling planes here.. LoL

5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

There is still something "wrong" or at least not realistic with the take-off of P38s'.
    With counter rotating props there should be NO torque steer or P-factor.
    The P38's right side/starboard prop spins the the left and the left egine/port side prop spins the the right.

This should make the P38 takeoff one of the smoothest in FH just like the 262. All other twin engine planes should have what the p38 experiences now during takeoff a sharp pull to the right until reaching speed for enough rudder authority.
    As told by many P38 pilots, the p38 was a remarkable plane to fly as far as manuvering for such a size and power to weight.
    Read some accounts of Col. Bong and Cpt. Tommy McGuire.
    Bong was the pilot who buzzed Market Street in San Francisco, flying down bellow the buildings and just over the telephone and electric bus wires.
    Then flew out over the SF bay and did an inside loop over and under the Golden Gate Bridge !!!!

P38 should be one of the greatest planes in FH !

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

The P-38 veers off to the right for you? Get a new stick or recalibrate.
    And the P-38 *is* one of the greatest planes in FH. :p

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

*caugh* BIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEED! *caugh*caugh*

8. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Pilot accounts are evidence of absolutely nothing so stop bringing them up. Most pilots loved their planes and claimed they were the fastest, strongest and best of all.
    Reliable data from factories and test pilots often vary between sources so it's impossible to model realistic FM's in a computer game. Besides WB is almost pure arcade with totally unrealistic environment and plane's systems management simplified to the limits so what would be the purpose of sticking realistic FM in this crap?? Fly and have fun with what you got, every plane in game has some qualities enabling it to survive and score kills against every plane it meets in RPS (excluding maybe mig3 but then if you like challenges...), learning them is the key.
    Wonder if there is anywhere an online flight sim forum where the "skilled the other way" don't whine 24/7 about porked planes? :)

1 person likes this.
  9. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I blew milk out of my nostrils man!

10. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I keep saying that but people just look at me strange. :cool:

11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

so what else is new?

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I've been flying the P-38 for quite some time, on other sims and here. It flies well here, except for what some of you mention regarding the rudder and elevator. You have to keep in mind there are --two-- rudders on that plane. The horizontal stabalizer is huge. Look at stunt planes, or crops sprayers...control surfaces are huge. On the other hand, I find it very very frustrating to fly for a couple reasons. The rudder is way too responsive. If I'm firing on a target, I move the rudder, and, or, the elevator and it moves way too much at once. Seems like it was fitted with hydrolics from some low-rider gang with on/off switches. That is my only complaint. I personally think it's a prank/joke from someone who likely was being a smart*** by saying...here you go.