Latewar planes available with streack only

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Odisseo, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

As Hohun sayd ill try to start a new thread about this argument.
    Since some peaples would see the Me262 moved to his RL date, and for balance it would be correct add the Gloster Meteor.
    But, as soon those planes would be available skies would be full of them, i know some of you are P38/51 or maybe La5 lovers, but that's wouldn't change for the other 400 users.

Let's make some comparisons with RL number of planes, was the La5 the plane flown by 50% of allied forces? was the 190D9 the plane flown by 90% of axis forces? ofcourse not. Many neewby was forced to fly on early planes, and the new ones was available only to aces.
    That's why i think we should add a streack number for every latewar planes like 109K4, 190D9, Me262, Tempes, Yak3, La7 ect.
    Planes like 190D9/Yak3 avail from 10 kills streack, others like La7/Me262 from 20 kill streack. (it's an example)

This would change the feeling in arena.

1) no more suiciders.
    2) peaples will maybe start to wing and cooper.
    3) we will see more Jabos/bombers used isntead of heavy fighters since peaple will prefer to not fly anymore in acks.
    4) no more flames about how it's good this plane instead of the other since arena will be not full of them anymore.
    ..and list go on.

Let me know what you think about it and PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ARGUMENT

2. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

guess what odi...i agree with u this time :D

3. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

change all u want but dont change my jug! if not i :dark: :turret: u

i dont think it s a good idea 100%, first because we want realism, but then it woudln t be balance in the game if we fly p51 la5 yak vs 109 g and 190 a8, but the thing changes when we talk about me 262 and la7, or dora.... i think it s a good idea in only those plane, because i only see doras in the sky, i only see 190 a8 when i fly it in gold tods :)

4. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Glad you listened... :D

Maybe 15 streak for top planes?

I've noticed that 20 streak pilots are about 40-50 each ToD, with 15 streak pilots around 50-60, not much difference...

*Hint - I haven't had more than 13 streak, 15 is closer than 20... If I manage to get consistent 'll manage 20 sometime :shuffle: *

<S>

5. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

You could replace RPS entirely with streak system.
    If streak = 0 only plane available is Ki 27 or I-153
    land a kill and take off in a Rata or Hurri I / A6M2 or Oscar
    at about 20 kills you would get your 262

6. Odisseo

That's what i mean, peaple will use fighters to fight and jabos to attack ground targets. Cover jabos will be a good way to take kills so cover could get more fun ect.

As i saw admins are going to move all heavy fighters (fighters + load) on bomber list.

7. Odisseo

skill is not take a dora and land 7 kills, skill is have to fly a G2 and build a streack of 10 in 1945 to take a dora.
    btw why shouldn't be balance with p51 la5 yak against 109 g and 190 a8? mayebe you forgot ki61/ki84/f6f/p47/p39 ecc ecc

8. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Odisseo,

>That's why i think we should add a streack number for every latewar planes like 109K4, 190D9, Me262, Tempes, Yak3, La7 ect.
    Planes like 190D9/Yak3 avail from 10 kills streack, others like La7/Me262 from 20 kill streack. (it's an example)

I think that's a good idea! :)

With regard to the kill count, the streaks needed should be short enough that everyone has a chance to fly the high-performance if he's a bit careful.

I'd say 5 is more realistic than 10 or 20, but the basic idea is very good! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

9. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Big-jo,

>change all u want but dont change my jug! if not i :dark: :turret: u

No danger here - we're talking about high-performance aircraft, not about lead sleds ;-)

>i think it s a good idea in only those plane, because i only see doras in the sky, i only see 190 a8 when i fly it in gold tods :)

Good point - we'd have to think about which planes we'd want to limit.

Only the jets? (Me 262/Meteor)

The last generation propeller fighters (Me 109K-4, Fw 190D-9, Yak-3, La-7, F4U-4)?

The 1944 propeller fighters? (Me 109G-14, P-51B/D, P-47D etc.)?

Of course, we could limit them all, but with different streaks :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

10. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi cbfs,

>I've noticed that 20 streak pilots are about 40-50 each ToD, with 15 streak pilots around 50-60, not much difference...

The question is not how many pilots with long maximum streak there are in total, but how large the proportion of pilots with an active streak is among the players that are currently online at any time.

I have investigated the problem by looking at old Warbirds.de scores, which have the advantage that Jabo sorties were counted to the bomber score. Accordingly, the fighter score is for pure air-to-air sorties. My conclusion was that a streak length of 3 to 5 would be fine for rare planes. That may seem surprisingly low, but if you're in a squadron, ask around for the current streaks at random and you'll see that on the average, they're not so high - even for people with high maximum streaks! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i have one question:
    if aircraft available would be based on a streak (imo good idea - only elite pilots were able to fly fe me262) this would be a current streak or best made in current TOD?

12. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Hi spuint,

I think that current streak will be important, as one purpose of streak limitation is to enforce importance of landing/surviving.

Limitation based on streak was great idea, and I wished for it since the first time it was written here. I especially liked the idea of rolling limitation, where newly introduced planes had high requirements, and in following months, required streak was decreased.

13. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

I think max ToD streak is better! Imagine you've just completed the 20 streak limit for 262 and you roll on the runway full of happiness for your new ride... Then, a red fighter bombs you on the runway and game over... You'd have to do it all over again! There have been far too many times when (not only mine), but many people's streaks were lost that way! Imagine discos too:eek:! You get a 7mm ping, you disco...and you're f***ed.

<S>

14. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Btw, if you don't land/survive, you don't get streak anyway... (as mentioned somewhere above)

<S> No2

15. Comet-

Comet- Well-Known Member

Hi cbfs,

that's why I prefer Hohun's idea of smaller streak limits.

Another idea. Many pilots here have hard times to get even to the streak of 5. What about allowing each user to use every plane once in ToD, even if he don't have streak. If he land his sortie, it will be again available. If he lose it, he can say goodbye to it until next ToD or when he fulfill current streak requirement.

If he has required active streak, he can fly it as much as he wants.

If not, he will get one plane only.

In this way, everybody will have chance to fly everything, and it will be up to him, if he can keep it or not.

16. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Im kinda swaying in my opinion. Ledada raised a very good point. It's not very fair allowing what will probably only turn out to be the very best pilots getting the good planes available.

Its one thing to say a streak of 5 gets you a plane, but how are the less able players going to get that streak if they are being vulched by players with better and faster planes?

Usually, these players will be the more elite players who dont even need the additional help to boost their kill tally. If this idea were economics, it would be akin to helping the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. :(

-glas-

18. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

I think airplanes like the 262 (actually only the 262) DO need streak limit, 'cause the reds often whine about 'gold dweebs'(I've been called a dweeb maaany times when flying the jet). However, the 262 is not the magic plane than gets 5 kill sorties all the time! It needs very good shooting abilities (MK108 is crap), it's no Ki-43 in turnfight, it blacks-out easily etc, etc. Almost half my kills in jet were done with my view blacked-out. I would only find out whether I had hit the con later, when my view had cleared to normal and I would see his burning plane... At least if we have streak limit for the jet, reds can't complain that every gold newbie can take a jet ride anytime on jet day. If you see a jet, it will mean that an ace is in the controls and that he deserves to fly it. Doras and stuff had been flown by inexperienced young pilots in RL, but not jets. Jets only for top LW aces and very experienced bomber crews (irrelevant, but anyway...).

<S>

Last edited: Jun 2, 2003
  19. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Oh, I also noticed that 'Kamikaze Pilot' topic somewhere in the links... Since I played FH for the first time I've been trying to keep the pie-chart thingie mainly in green color. I'm not at all impressed by pilots who get four times as many kills as I have and their chart is 3/4 red or yellow... Illo pointed somewhere there that such players never develop their abilities, by getting killed all the time. It's like playing an arcade game with unlimited credits...After a while you get bored of it and you 're as bad at it as you were when you started playing it. So give the good pilots good planes. It will only push newbies to become good too and not get their asses whopped all the time. If they get too frustrated and leave, well...too bad for them, noone cares anyway about one Kamikaze less in MA

<S>

20. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

...and let there be added a shiny light of glory then around the aces (only available in 3d) :) and maybe their icons from d50 (with nick, of course)

hi cbfs,

to make my opinion more pittoresque:
    the extreme version of streak-restriction would be to have it for all planes. who has got no streak is limited to 109e/a6m or spitI/i15 till the end. might be difficult then to get one...

also there are other reasons not to have a streak. some days ago some fellas died 6-15 times in a row by raiding f40 in jabo. it was a nice battle and big fun. for a streak needed to fly a deserved plane, many will think twice to take part in organized actions, because they loose control of their streak.
    at the time the reasons for streak-hunters are higher scores, unlimited fuel and playing with having their virtual minds in mind.
    to add the reason of wishing to fly a specific plane will, imo, not be a worthy contribution to the general 'morality' of playing warbirds. any resulting effects like less 'kamikazes' ea won't come from the players ethics then, but from a selfish wish - so i'd say not a lasting effect and not a real one.