Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Funtom, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

This could net us more transparent cockpits.

2. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

THE BOX IS HERE!!!:super:

:cheers:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. tazman88

tazman88 Well-Known Member

can someone send me the download link to the north america and tobruk maps?

4. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I would add some comments if u dont mind:rolleyes:
    I have been flying p38 a lot in versions 1.66 and 1.67 and I dont understand why im reading that p38s are ok here.
    P38 can really turn very very tight in fh , but when? After how many turns ?
    I was already writing about F6f , and p38 is something i would compare it to.
    Both planes are very good turners when you have time to spend before fight.
    Usually its not like that at all, 10 seconds and you are dead if you didnt react before fight started. I dont believe Antred didnt notice how hard is P38 to fly , how many hands guy needs just to keep up with con , not to mention its cockpit visibility. Reason im writing is because im very well aware that most people on fh , including admins, do not spend enough time on most of planes, so thus they know very little about most planes.
    I state here now that P38 and F6f are some of the hardest rides on fh , mostly because they act like cows when you touch your joy. Elevator response in both planes is terrible, and the only thing im not sure about is whether this should be like that or not. I am not VIP on fh , i dont know so much about everything , so yes, i do need your oppinions. I say this because those two planes should compete in arena rich with agile planes , yaks las,109s,190s... you name it.
    Ok, we can tune las and yaks to the finest details, but those planes even in original form were very agile. Responsive. We can be satisfied with hellcats and 38s even now, if we never fly it , if we need just one light yak and thats all. For me flying P47 ,190, F4u is rather easy , comparing to those 2 models.
    Funny thing is , F4u should be experts plane according to history?! Here, F4u is one of the easiest planes to fly , especially F4u4. It can compete with yaks anytime. On the other hand, you have F6F which performs in first 15 seconds of manuvering like it is P47.
    Everything im saying is , balancing between sides can be done in easier manner. Instead of introducing G10 , easier was to tune down F4u.
    Instead of tunning Yaks and Las , we could improve P38, F6f.
    Game now is balanced between sides ok, i admit, but between Very good planes, and very bad planes is not. We have small number of planes that majority of ppl is flying, and many rather pathetic performers, which no one touches.
    In the end i must say , I dont remember last time i saw P38 in arena.

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

That's because the P38 is what keeps sneaking up and pk you. :D

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

On the P-38, what is the RPM at 100%, up to the yellow zone, and what is the RPM rating at the maximum red zone on the tachometer?

7. fas---

fas--- Дремучий патриархал

Guys! I can not just make all the planes "right". First - Set up an airplane takes a lot of time, data retrieval, testing, test model, comparative tests, measurements of velocity and time bends, climb - it's too much work.
    In fact, doing this alone, I can do no more than one series of planes to release new versiiyu. At 1.67 it was Yak, at 1.68 - La.
    When modeling La, invaluable assistance rendered Boa - more than thank him for testing, observations and suggestions.

Now they are more or less plausible, and seemingly no one took them seriously claims.

And now, please - decide together which of the aircraft so I do the same
    well as the Yak and La, may prior to the release 1.68r2 I have time.

Choose.

(Used Google translator)

8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind providing that information from test flights.
    Is there information available regarding the expected RPM values vs throttle input on these aircraft?

9. fas---

fas--- Дремучий патриархал

Information about the test flights of interest in the case when it comes to mass-produced aircraft, rather than prototypes.

Internal model Varbirds does not use accurate data on engine speed, these data do not need to model the aircraft and its behavior in the air. In general, the internal model is fairly conventional and is tabulated, and not calculated dynamically.

(Translated by Google)

forgot to clarify. Data from U.S. sources are sometimes very surprising and contradictory. For example the data from the report TAIC
    It concerns first of all Japanese aircraft.

Typically, this is explained by the fact that when tested in the United States, the planes have better service, more high-quality gasoline, rather than have at their disposal by the Japanese. By this still need to add the original position of leadership - the data overstate enemy planes that have their pilots do not relax too much:)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

So, we can assume that WBFH fuel and maintenance crews are excellent? ;)

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yes:
    1)engines are reliable
    2)service is ok
    3)airplane is typical for regiment

12. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Did you make some changes with Acks, UBS gun and flying chracteristic?

I think Ack is now more agressive for longer distance, when i am in 3.5-4km near a field, it shoots like a hell. It wasn't. It's not bad, just for information ;)

UBS- maybe my bad luck, but when i am hitted by 1x12 UBS, I always lost something or i've got overg. Other guns are imo ok, just UBS is weird for me. But what i wrote, maybe just my bad luck :)

Flying- i am flying with mouse and i feel that planes are now more unstable, lazier, i don't know how to explain that, but i have big problems to hit something now, my settings is the same.
    And when i lost one aileron in d520 (or 109E, dunno now), autopilot flew in a circle in ~ 45° wings tilt.

btw: .showhits still doesn't work for d520 ;)

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

1)88mm are more agressive. they became a factor, not decoration. not too lethal, though.
    2)any UB? I-16-29, Yak-7B, LaGG-3/1?
    3)gil is analysing roll rates currently
    4)i remember about d.520. low priority anyways ;)

14. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

What will the French say ?! :eek:

[​IMG]

15. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Here' we have the French Policeman in a sketch preparing to surrender his pistol to a bird.

As for the D.520, they probably will approach -exec- under the white flag and beg for their lives.

16. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Classic case of precision loft bombing....

17. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

I thought you might like it. :D

18. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

what i remember, always by USSR Hurr

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Why are you flying with a mouse??%)

20. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

12mm UB: Applied directly to your forehead.

[​IMG]