Global "Warming" or "Thawing" ???

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by squirl, Aug 26, 2005.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Re: Global "Warming" or "Thawing" ???

Best way to smuggle beer - DRINK IT ;)

2. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

ive heard u smuggle piss this way :rolleyes:

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

...for resale as non-alchoholic beer

4. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

And I was looking forward too much to sea near Czech republic. :cool:

5. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

6. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

Wasn't north africa covered in cedar some few thousand years ago?
    Jesus was a carpenter. he certainly wasn't a modern Jew who can get lumber off a ship... There would have been forests in Palestine. That was only two thousand years ago...
    mankind has been clearcutting for a long time, not a geological age, but a long time for us.
    I think deforestation is a real issue and not some made up thing by hippies who don't wish to make a living doing real jobs....
    mankind does have an effect on climate. Tiny changes in climate make for some drastic changes in weather locally: North africa Spain italy greece
    Greenhouse effect? Who knows.
    We will still be arguing about that sort of thing when our coastal cities are underwater, right?

7. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

The question, though, is whether global warming is due to human influences. Was the end of the last ice age brought about by car emissions, industrial pollution and urban sprawl? The obvious answer is "no." Natural forces have the power to end and initiate ice ages, with or without human influence. This is why one should be careful when quoting temperature data as evidence of human-induced global warming. The current period of increased emissions may just happen to coincide with a natural warming cycle. Now, I am not ruling out the possibility that humans may have an impact on the climate. I am, however, saying that scientists know too little to draw any conclusions on global warming.

8. RolandGarros

Maybe a very lazy carpenter. If so, the desert is the best place to live

9. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

My point is, the place was not a desert back then. There were towering cedars all about. Take a look at the flag of lebanon, know what that plant is in the middle of it? It is no shrub, not a houseplant, it is a cedar.
    Right now, modern jews have a little forest, man made, it is where Menahim Began is buried, which is beside the point. Modern Jews are trying to get forests happening in that little place and all that is limiting them is lack of fresh water. River Jordan is a trickle by the time it empties into Dead Sea...

There is a lot humanity could do to reforest the dry belt between west africa and someplace in CChina it goes to, I forget.
    Just like people who scream "we haven't had an effect on the climate, I can prove it, see? Look at the graph, LOOK at the graph! There is NO USE DOING anything, this is all NATURAL," we could all sit back and watch as the Sahara spreads year after year knocking farmers off land their ancestors tilled and we could tell those farmers too, "Hey, this is only natural, science is stupid and spouts greenpeace propaganda and just is in it for the money and science is wrong and the earth is flat: Go get a job driving a cab in Toronto, you dumb nigger..."
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

If you will permit me, I'd like to hijack this thread, since you mention Lebanon, and the Lebanese used to be all about hijacking during the good old days when world conflicts were confined to proxy pissing contests ;)

Lordy, we Americans ate shit there in '83 and all we did was run and lob a few shells into the hills from a safe distance off the coast.

One can only imagine the stuff going on about Iran today.

11. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Whether the global worming is due human influence or not is not importent. Whats importent we have experiment going on that subject becouse of the USA wich alone produces more greenhouse gasses then the rest of the world and just happens to have government that does not belive in green house effect. What a coincidence. Whole world agreed to reduce the emissions exept the US of course. When some drastic changes happen and half of human population will starve to deth the US would be the one to be the most responsible even if the effect would be mainly natural.

12. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

The green house effect and ozon leyer shrinkage are separate phenomenons and are coused by different things. Mixing them is quite ignorant imho.

13. RolandGarros

And that is coming from a guy with a lot of experience in the area of ignorance

14. rehn

rehn Well-Known Member

Somebody that confuses the ?greenhouse effect? and the ?ozone layer problem? is obviously so ignorant that they should not open the mouth in this matter?.

Climate change of many different reasons. The question is, how much effect has the current, human caused, increase of greenhouse gases. We will not be sure of that for maybe an another 100 years, but most scientist today think that the human effect on global warming is significant. period. And I rather believe in a scientist than Mr. Bush( I don?t think I have to explain the reason for that?. ).
    :znaika:

15. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Biles, you're very helpful :) Finally, we know, that this is NOT gas emissions that really spoil the picture, but forest elimination. Now who might explain me why the fuck all attacking US? Is it cutting its forests? -- No. Are its deserts spreading? -- No. :dunno: If Spain has climate problems, stop fucking attacks on US, but cultivate your own soil as arabs once did! If Spains climate has been so mild and fine, why those damned arabs have made so vast and developed irrigation system? What was the sense if everything was OK? Oh, I know one reason: poor vegetation and lack of water... Any other ideas? Those poor arabs were not hoping for damn rains, they were working the soil, making it rich and prosperous... Bastards. Turks... How much rain do they enjoy? Do they cry about nasty climate warming? No, their plains are blooming. How dare they?!

All those stupid warming, see level rising stuff... To melt the glaciers how much temperature to rise? Well, how much evaporation will that cause from the planet's oceans? Have those apocalyptic sinkers calculated that? Just a hint: the planet Earth used to be much warmer place than it is now, but what shore city is placed on a ex-sea floor?

16. Vadim Maksimenko

Most? Who? Most clerics thought that year 2000 would be for sure the end of times. Did you believe them? No? Common sense told you, that that was bullshit. Where is your common sense now? It is so stupid for people to think that they may trigger effects that are millions of times more powerful than the most powerful human effort. If you are so dangerous, move a swage with your single hair... The most devastating H-bomb (56 or 58 MT) just blue off windows and doors at 400 km distance. The well known earthquake has killed more than 250,000 and inflicted milliards of $ damage at the distance much larger. What has triggered it? NOTHING! Just shit happens.

And I am 100% sure, if we have had kind of global cooling, the same "scientists" would prove with the same rage, that those are anti-greenhouse gases that produce the effect (the gases would be absolutely the same).

17. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I've lived in the believe that trees, and other plants use carbon dioxide and sunlight to produce oxygen...so when trees are cutted that carbon dioxide stays unused in the atmosphere, right? So it ends up being a gas emission thing afterall :D

btw, earth used to be much cooler place too. If we look back long enough, earth used to be dust in space. What's the time limit that past is no longer a valid example?

18. Vadim Maksimenko

Regarding carbon dioxide. Do you know what makes me laugth when people call it greenhouse gas? -- Its molecular weight ;) And any heavy gas substance tends to fill ditches, not fly high in the atmosphere :)

I ment the time of big fat lizards :)

19. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

What has Spain to do in this discussion? Long ago i stopped posting in this thread, and i don't accuse only the USA, but all those other countries that don't respect nature, Spain amongst them. Fucking obsessed forum

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yes, that's why when you walk behind a bus, all the gases make your shoes dirty instead getting in your nose. Yeah...

And there's no need of gases going to 20km in the atmosphere to create a greenhouse effect, btw...