Greatest Deal EVER!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, Aug 30, 2004.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@squirl

Yeap- the old zloty (btw- it's złoty to be more precise) sucked big time... inflation, hyperinflation... I lived through it and I know what they mean. Well, the new Złoty is a quite different story, introduced in 1995 it's one of Europe's most stable currencies. In years 2000-2004 it was by all means one of the most stable currencies in the whole world! Not even closely comparable to that what was happening to the Euro/U.S. Dollar/Yen in those years. Inflation rate under 1% in last year (slightly above 2% due to our accesion to EU and the fuckin' war in the Gulf which drove the cost of petrol to astronomical values, this year planned). GDP growth of 3,6% last year and over 6% this year (prognose). Compare with U.S.A.- yeap, the Złoty... nothing to talk about... really... lol You're really dumb trying to talk with ppl from Poland about Polish currency, w/o knowing basic economicall data (or even terms as I suppose) :D
    BTW- You still seem not to get it- I'm not attacking the U.S.A., just laughing out Your own ignorance- that's really all :D

2. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

It might be a good idea for me to begin ignoring people that state "You don't know anything about Europe aside from stereotypes" and "All Americans are ignorant" in the same breath. It is irony to any person who can read and interpret the... well, to anybody who can read and interpret the facts.

Do some research, the epidemic brought about by Spanish contact with the Americas was the worst loss of life ever.

Native American death toll from smallpox,

(including deaths from the cutting off of heads, legs, arms, feet, hands, and rape, burning alive, drowning, beating, enslavement, disembowelment by sword, hanging, drawing and quartering and other experiments carrried out by the Spanish on the Native Americans (it is very sad that I am not exaggerating):

Over 100 million

WW2 death total (military or otherwise): 55.5 million

On a side note, the European colonizers, starting with the Spanish, were responsible for the introduction of syphilis into the Old World (previously it was contained within the Americas).

In case you did not get the point, which is the case, US Americans are not defined as residents of the USA. Rather, it is the mental citizenship of freedom that makes an American. You doubt it? Then why is it that US citizens are allowed to protest any infringement on that right? Where some governments preserve their superiority over their citizens by removing the ability of the citizens' to even challenge their superiority, America preserves its collective goverment by enabling its citizens to collectively assemble in government. Learn paradoxes, be logical, but above all, be better people.

As the arrogant woman will say "All men are pigs," she benefits from her own beliefs: she never has to get married. However she will never "get some" if she is interested.

As Europeans, you say that "All Americans are ignorant," and you think you will benefit from your own beliefs: you never have to trade with the USA. However, your economy will never get anything.

Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  3. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

AHhhhhhhhhh stop itttttt

pleeeeeeease squirl it's not helping at all

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Lol, you're seeing ghosts, I never said Americans are ignorant, or stereotypical, I said Hollywood movies spread and cultivate such an image, and that you're ignorant and naпeve.

Typical defense against not understanding the point or running behind in an argument is saying the others are the ones who don't get the point? Sure the US is a land of freedom, but it's not the only country of freedom, there are multiple free countries where freedom is valued much higher than in the US. In the US - as far as I know - freedoms actually need to be defended, I've never heard about such thing in Europe. In Europe freedoms just aren't violated. Also, I'm not sure you know, but there are alot more freedoms than you'd think, f.ex. a prisoner has the right to escape, in the US they're very keen on ignoring this right, etc. It's logical they don't, but in fact, there has been uproar in Belgium as a new system would limit this right of the prisoner. Also, where are the war tribunals located etc? The biggest enforcments of freedom in the juridical department happen in Europe.

Well, never figured this goes both ways? Now I'm really starting to think you're a little ... underequipped in the reasoning department. How will you Americans drive around in your Porsches, BMW's, Volkswagens, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, McLarens, etc? Trade with Europe won't stop mr Naпeve. You know which firm protects the CIA's computer system and many many others? It's a Belgian firm, you know which country many of the firearms used by the US military come from? Germany. Really, you're naпeve to believe the US with it's degrading economy has the freedom of giving up it's economical connections with Europe.

<Z>

You just don't give up don't you? I'm amused you're still grasping to opinions, half-facts, and stereotypes. You're blaming us to think in stereotypes, while you confirm those exact stereotypes, additionally you're the one to actually tihnk in stereotypes, "all buildings in Europe are built out of concrete"...

5. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Well- where did you took those 100 Millions from squirl? Are those numbers for both Americas or for U.S. part of North America only (which would make America more populated than Europe in XVth century)?
    Yeap- we Polish did only kill and colonize others. Not to mention, that from those 55 millions of WWII victims 6 millions were of Polish citizenship... which pretty much makes 1/6th of Polish pre-war population. Gonna go on with stereotypes even further? What does 400.000 U.S. serviceman mean with comparison to 6 million Polish civilians or 10 millions of Russian soldiers? It does only proove how unwilling to help and how cowardly the U.S. really were.
    And just by the way... are you a descendant of Native Americans or a successor to those who were infecting/raping/decapitating/(put another atrocities in this place) them?
    Not all Americans are ignorant, but some for sure. When it comes to liberal laws Europe has nothing to be ashamed of, just in contrary- we aren't those who take fingerprints at borderlines, do inprison civilians in Guantanamo base, bombed a school, a crowded marketplace and Chinese embassy in Serbia, a wedding party in Afghanistan 'just by accident'. We don't execute prisoners (over 90% of them who couldn't afford a lawyer and were given a poor representation in court), cause we don't have the barbarian death penalty. We signed the Kyoto protocoll in order to protect our enviroment- Your govt. refuses to do so. We're a part of landmine-ban coalition, U.S. still has millions of them in stock.
    Freedom... freedom to be fried on electric chair only because your attorney slept during the process (actual case from Texas, the poor man's appeal was rejected cause "the appointed attorney did nothing to harm the defendant"... yeap, but also did nothing to defend him-> the man was executed and only after his death new evidence was brought to light, which could proove his inocence). Freedom to pollute the air cause your govt. does not encourage ecological conventions and is not willing to sign'em. Freedom for all NSA agents, with their extremely wide perogatives. Freedom of being born black and poor and shot dead at age of 16. Freedom to kill a exchange student who knocks on your door during Halloween. Yeap... "I'm free, I'm free and I'm waiting for You to follow me" (quotation after The Who) :D

6. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

[OT] yesterday i've tasted a beer that has 12% alcohol in it ;)

btw i sure would like to taste this one : [​IMG] :D

it's just introduced to poland , hope it will come to my city soon :D :@drunk:

7. Zembla JG13

That does sound interesting... hmmm

I wonder when and where I'd be able to fetch it over here ...

<Z>

8. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

"Never get in to an argument with a stupid person.....they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!" :super:

9. Zembla JG13

Hey I've found a great website!:

Here

;)

<Z>

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

pls do that!
    soon u will have ignore on all ppl at this forum; because u cant understand simpliest things and facts; or mb u dont want to..

they r not
    u r

if there is some criticism aimed in ur posts dont even try to take it as national america attack; thats u who is criticised, not americans; understand that, then talk

ur just fuckin stupid, aint ya..
    that happens always when one ecosystem is disturbed by new forms of life from another
    that happened in both americas, that happened in australia, that happened in every ecosystem that encountered unknown form of life that could evolve in new surroundin;
    viruses, germs, predators.. that have no natural competitor in new ecosystem reproduces easily and fast and lead to catashtrophy;
    r u that fuckin blind u cant understand it happened many times in many places all over our planet?
    all because ppl wasnt prepared and didnt knew about danger that they brought to new system when they started to explore own planet;

let me guess.. u read some book that author exposed cruel things that conquerors made.. well it always happen when one force attack other, weaker; and thats the wars most cruel face; but that happened not only there
    can u understand that?
    btw, id like to know the source u found about that 200milion casaulties..
    its not possible to make such detailed statistic when no statistics were counted..

once again - its not about all americans, its about u, so dont hide behind national prejudices;
    about the rest.. nc

if u really care to be 'better ppl' read some articles about africas civil wars;
    million-inhabitants refugee camps, that count couple thousands deaths a day; rapes and all that stuff u mentioned in ur post with pathos;
    and all that happens under ur nose, in present times, when u state that ur great human, in higher level of economic, military and civilisation level;
    where r u now? do u know anythin about that?
    tribe wars have come to higher level, they used to be local wars, now - with modern rifles and sidearms its blood bath;
    and great countries just watch whats gonna happen; no military prevent actions, like in iraq.. nothin; ur just sittin there and tell us how great and proud u r;
    or mb africa is not worth helpin?
    read about present sudan, and camps all over africa; and then talk about loss of life;

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

lol Z :D
    i didnt want to get that low.. but what the hell; its more logical than tryin to explain some things to smbdy who dont care about anythin but his own ass;
    thx :)

12. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

lol v, how does it taste? :D

13. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Like beer mixed with spirit... all beers above 9% do taste like that ... bleeeeh

14. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

yea, that was a cool taste :D i thought my throat gonna Xplode! :D

btw , i have a good recipe for an alcohol drink ... well sort of ;) i've tasted it while i was away for vacations :) here goes :

- take 50ml glass
    - take concentrated juice (cherry flavour is the best :) )
    - you'll need some dose of spirit too (pure alcohol :D )

- pour about 30ml of spirit into glass
    - pour about 15ml of juice into it
    - lit it up with some fire (hardcore! :D)
    - cover it with your hand (the glass should suck itself to your hand)
    - shake it hard
    - drink it up :D but you have to drink it fast , otherways the juice will drop under the spirit and you'll be drinking pure alcohol first (that's a throat - fucker :D)

5 -6 of these and you'll be on your knees :D

15. yivan

yivan Well-Known Member

:shuffle:

16. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

America helps all third world countries it possibly can. If for some reason a third world country is not getting helped by the United States, it is because the food and medical supply lines get hijacked by the self-appointed governments of anarchist states.

You who say that epidemics occur when two different ecosystems come into contact with each other are correct. However, what sets the European one apart from the rest is the fact that it was the worst one in history.

America tries to help out Africa, but most of the civil strifes we aim to defuse only use the US' aid to perpetuate the crisis. Either way the US gets criticized for its actions.

Syphilis was transplanted by the Europeans into their home continent from he Americas. While we are on the subject of Europe, this syphilis was the disease that killed Pope Alexander VI, who passed it to his daughters who in turn passed it to his sons. Fine establishment you have going on over there.

Ironically, the same people whom all Europeans called "infidels" were dozens of times more civilized than you. I am speaking of course of the Islamic Empire of Arabia. Here is why medieval Europe was the most rotten time period of human existence:

- Arabs introduced sugar in its raw form into Europe.
    - Arabs introduced "Al-kuhul" into Europe.
    - Arabs introduced "Al-Jebr" into Europe.
    - Arabs introduced architecture into Europe.(Look at the Notre Dame Cathedral, the flying buttresses were Arabian architectural discoveries)
    - Arabs introduced Arabic Numbers from India into Europe.
    - Arabs introduced "zero" into Europe.(the Mayans also knew of "zero," but were isolated from the Europeans until the 16th century)
    - Arabs introduced ?azimuth? and ?elixir? into Europe.
    - Arabs introduced the practice of eating dessert into Europe.
    - Arabs introduced surgical advances into Europe.
    - Arabs reintroduced all history records up to the fall of the Roman Empire back into Europe. (they had been lost to the West after the fall of the Roman Empire and were preserved by Arabic scholars)
    - Arabs introduced black pepper into Europe. (this made European food edible if eaten more than a day after its preparation)
    - Arabs introduced the triangular sail and tapered hull to European shipbuilding. (this made it possible for sailors to tack into the wind and keep its course in contrast to the flat-bottomed, square-sailed European ships which would slip to the side in a cross-wind or cross-current)

?And yet Europeans pass off all these ?discoveries? as their own. Most of these were ?discoveries? made by crusaders while in the Holy Land. Soundly defeated, the Europeans had to run back to their countries in disgraceful shame (killing Jews both on the way to the Holy Land and back).
    In the case of Spain, the Spaniards launched a ?reconquista? to drive the ?infidels? off their land. The truth was that these Spaniards visited Arabic forts to have their teeth done, yet somehow they were more civilized than the Arabs. Although they would not have you believe it, the Spanish are indebted to the Arabs for becoming the center of learning in Europe after regaining control of the Iberian Peninsula. Toledo was a Spanish town filled with Arabic technological knowledge.

Every preceding statement and this statement itself is factual; any attempt to refute any of it will result in some form of a lie.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  17. Zembla JG13

I love the way you end your post, lol, they call that wishful thinking.

No matter what country you look at, if you dig deep enough you can dig up dirt, and if you dig deeper you can find some gold. Sure the Arabs did lots of good things, but so did the Europeans. The idea of using a screw-like system to transfer water came from Archimedes, Da Vinci successively used a similar contstruction to form the first concept of a propeller/rotor. The first hot-air balloon was created and lifted up by the Montgolfiиre brothers. It was the Brit George Cayley who first created a glider, it was the German Otto Lilienthal who first started to grasp the physics of flight through flying his glider.

Also, you're now comparing a 18th or whatevereth century in Europe with a 20th Century America, of course hygiene improved since then, and many diseases have been controlled.

Its funny that you claim the Americans are cleaner, smarter or whatever it is you're trying to prove. I'm getting sick of spending time replying to your shortsighted moronic posts. You see, it's not because we reply that we try to refute your post, we're just trying to make clear to you that you need to be sceptic to what your government tells you, what you read in books, what you find somewhere on the internet, and most of all what your neighbor or whatever tells you. You come in here, to a forum populated by Europeans in general, and start throwing dirt at Europe, start claiming impossible things, and come up with ridiculous comparissons. Really, you're displaying yourself as a retard, as most Europeans who read this know much more about history than you do, you're making a fool out of yourself, as for every dirt you throw at us dirt can be thrown back, and you just can't believe that. Living in your beautiful country, with your brilliant democracy, your super-intelligent presidents, and your very peaceful nature. Tell me Squirl, if the US is so much more civilised than Europe, then why do you need to lock up more people than Europeans? Why is there still a death penalty? Why aren't you starting to keep ecological systems in mind just the same as economical systems? Why is the homicide rate in the US so much higher than anywhere else?

<Z>

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

So fuckin what squirl? (about the invention section). Look at Arab world today and look at modern Europe-> who made a bigger use of those inventions? Still the Notre Damme Cathedral is in France and not in Iran and the biggest islamic mosque is of European origin-> The Great Mosque in Istambul was originally Hagia Sophia (The Church of Divine Wisdom) of the Eastern Roman Empire (Constantinopole).
    And btw- it were not only Arab scholars who preserved classical works but also Irish monastries so no point there to argue about the sources of wisdom as most what Arab did was refining and systematizing Roman and Greek wisdom.

And about U.S. being the "biggest helper"- LMAO!
    America does only help regimes it supports (vide Cuba, Nicaragua) and also does not help countries which are useless for U.S. from economical point of view (Rwanda, Somalia, Zair/Congo). In fact the only instruments of contemporary American foreign policy are: giving aid when govt. supports America and U.S. companies can count for tax priviliges, economical sanctions when govt. does not support U.S., war when U.S. sees some extraordinary economical prospects in the region (Iraq). When famine struck North Korea U.S. withdrew all it's help... it were the South Koreans, European Union and China who helped them the most. Imprisoning political opposition for mild sentences (3-5 years average) or banning the members from the country (practices from Cuba) does outrage U.S. Stoning them or decapitating publically with a sword (Saudi Arabia) is all o.k. cause the Saudi govt. likes American Bases, American Oil Companies and American Govt. alltogether. Same can be said bout Pakistan. American foreign policy is hypocrisy and not aiding anyone. I live in a country on which U.S. once already imposed economical sanctions (1982) and one thing I can say about this is that they struck the ordinary people the most and not our government which they were supposed to struck. U.S. aid is given out under unhuman and exploiting conditions. EU aid is unconditional and based on humanitarian rules. Americans always try to do business with help, Europeans rarely go as low as they.

19. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

It is certain that the Arabs introduced very many improvements, for example, the city of Cуrdoba in century XIII already had light system like the one of London of century XIX, also medicine advances that discovered thanks to the roman Galeno while in Europe it was being used methods of prehistory until very late. I have thoguht to detect a certain reproach in the one of "reconquista". I clarify several points to you:

1є It was Not only foreign of Africa against Spaniards, was also muslim Spaniards against christian Spaniards (many adopted the Islam to remain in their land).

2є If the Christian kingdoms had not thrown to the Islam of the Iberian peninsula, your right now you would not exist, thus you do not say that a fact in history was bad or good.

3є Christians not were so barbarians as you think, during 781 years that were Muslims in Hispania (for your information it is as the Romans called to Portugal and Spain), was peace between the 3 religions that were: Muslims, Christians and Jews. Excepting periods of violence and territorial annexations (there were even wars between Christians and Muslims, something that surely your wonderful book does not say).

4є The monasteries took care of which all the wisdom of the Roman and Greek was not lost, so that not only were the Muslims which took care of that. And Toledo became the city of wisdom of Europe, because king Alfonso X did to join to all the wise people of the time in that city.

BTW if you want to know much history on my country, tell me

BTW2, wtf are we talking about arabs?

20. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

what now? sombedody made a conclusion european had no its own culture?
    well sure.. european culture is based on many different old cultures..

not like american.. which has its own alphabet, numbers and of course its own language :D :D