Greatest Deal EVER!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

:@prayer:

Yours is a bastard nation Squirl, a mutt.

Btw, read 'Rogue State' by William Blum to get an idea of the type of aid the US gives to other countries, the conditions imposed on the giving of that aid, the imposition of dictatorial regimes in Central and South America because it suited the US at that time.

Or what about the training and weapons the CIA provide death squads with? Yeah, you're all good and loving and giving.....:shuffle:

-glas-

Btw Blum is ex-State Department. He got so sick of the involvement of the US that he resigned and told the world exactly what the US was up to. The whole book is referenced to sources.

2. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

btw recetly ive seen a movie "Walker"
    its a freestyle about nicaragua and us "aid' in there in 19th century;
    its a great movie, grotesque.. very expressive;
    about that film

oh, and here short note bout walker
    interesting

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

http://members.aol.com/bblum6/uruguay.htm

The tip of the iceberg........ :(

-glas-

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

This is more akin to what the US has given the world in recent times. Everything comes at a price, as far as US foreignpolicy is concerned.

Guatemala, almost on your doorstep......

to be continued.........

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

............continued

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Need we go on? This is the story of just 2 countries, both of them in the Americas.

Read up on some critical views of your countries foreign policy before preaching about how great and good your country really is.

Aid? As I said, only at a price.

-glas-

7. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

you can go on with Venezuela and year 2002.. to be more up-to-date

:(

here.. we call it fascism

8. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Ok Zembla, I will give screws, balloons and gliders to Europe. What else do you have?

This is true, because most of the world think Americans smell like soap-a shower every day? Perfume was invented in Europe as a... well... "substitute" for a shower.

The US Government has no media in America. Sure, the government gives press conferences, but it is the news organizations that do the reporting. How is this different? It is called "American Business Media Enterprise." It is very simple. Like any other business, an error will be exploited by a business' competitors. Thus, if a news network in America reports that President Bush plans to abolish the Civil Rights Act, a rival in the media will discover that this is not the case and come down hard on the network that transmits lies. If a restaurant serves bad food that makes people sick, customers don't even have to wait for the FDA to lock up the restaurant, the law of free enterprise states that:

Word will get out and customers will go elsewhere.

Problem solved.

Doubtful. Very doubtful.How many of you can bring to mind the great and significant tale of Alcibiades without some sort of research? Have you ever had a history teacher with personality? Probably not. Schools are casual in the United States, and being casual schools, more work gets done. Sounds like heresy? Perhaps you should try it. Teachers should not be robotic disciplinarians who punish their students when they defy the instructor?s attempt to force what they believe to be significant information into their students? cranial cavity? verbatim. Seriously, do you think the teacher?s stick is used only to point at the board in Europe? In America, these drones are known as ?nuns.? Nuns aren?t very popular any more. You may try to write me off as a so-called ?self-righteous naпve rebel? when I state that America?s educational system is top-notch. I will prove it.

I am not sanctimoniously flaunting my extraordinary enlightenment with the aim of malevolently disrupting your second-class intellectual prowess. Rather, I am rightfully doing so in a logical manner.

Get out your thesaurus, Book of Words or what have you, and add some common sense, and you will come to find that my ?bitchin? is not fiction diction.

You must be thinking of a different type of culture (which Europe could use more of). The ?culture? that I say Europe has plenty of is the kind you smear on a petri dish and watch as the bacteria multiplies in the agarose.

@Big-jo, he is showing some maturity and reason in this thread. Come on people, pick up the slack! Big-jo knows what he is talking about, and he actually cares. Frog, zembla, spuint and others do not know what they are talking about, and the way these ?specimens? phrase it, it is impossible for others to know what they are talking about either!
    But back on topic. Big-jo, does Spain and the rest of Europe not recognize that it was the Arabs that restored technology to Theocratic Europe? Seriously, the Catholic Church would have remained catholic had not the technology been available for the discoveries about the solar system and other scientific breakthroughs. The Arabs jumpstarted the European enlightenment. I will prove it:

The year 1453 had great significance in European history (this is from my memory by the way). This was the year of the fall of Constantinople. When Constantinople fell, the nobility fled the city with the aim of escaping as far from the Arabs as possible. What direction did they go? West of course! These nobles were very knowledgeable in history and modern technology due to their proximity to ancient Greece and the Arabian Empire respectively. These were the most knowledgeable men technically on European soil! They fled west into Italy and the rest of Europe, and there began the Renaissance. The rest is history.

So much to say, so little time.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  9. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Squirl:
    How many of you can bring to mind the great and significant tale of Alcibiades without some sort of research? Have you ever had a history teacher with personality? Probably not. Schools are casual in the United States, and being casual schools, more work gets done. Sounds like heresy? Perhaps you should try it.

Squirl, seriously, you're fucking talking out your ass and making Americans look like complete and total idiots. Stop it. You're fucking arrogant, and you are putting on a show of complete and utterly ridiculous nationalism.

Please. Fucking knock it off.

10. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Afi, apparently you cannot distinguish between arrogant Europeans and a level-headed person calling them out on it. There is a big difference.

11. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

No, apparently you can't realize that you're fucking wrong and you're being a douche.

Yes, you're being a vag-rag and it's fucking obvious and embarrassing to me and probably any other american on this board. I can say when a European is being arrogant and stupid, I've done it before, but in this case you're the one being arrogant and stupid. You're saying things without having a fucking clue about them, and it's obvious.

Seriously, stop.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ squirl: You really are an ignorant little retard. In Scotland (pop. 5M) alone we have had inventions such as tarmac, the pneumatic tyre, the steam engine, the television (debatable), the light bulb, penicillin....

In Scotland alone, not to mention the rest of the UK, not to mention the rest of Europe.

Fuck off you little ignorant arrogant nationalistic prick. You really are worse than Allsop.

-glas-

13. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

Turks

14. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

This is getting funnier with every squirl's post... c'mon tell us more :popcorn:

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ squirl:

as for your crap about soap;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau_de_Cologne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap

Soap wasnt even invented when perfume first came in to being, so your claim that Europeans used perfume in spite of soap is, like the rest of your ignorant comments, complete bullshit.

I have to laugh....you fat fucking Yanks probably cause enough body odour under your multiple layers of skin to create a hole the size of LA in the ozone layer.

-glas-

16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

cmon glas... low blow there

17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I know afi, im just taking the argument to the extremes that squirl is using. To be fair, I could re-word the sentence to

'the majority of Yanks are fat fuckers......'

because that would be a factual statement.

Please, dont think for a second that I think you are like that, or that I am generalising all Americans. As I said, im just fighting fire with fire, its the only way to show up squirl's arguments for what they are - a load of fuckin crap.

No offence meant afi :)

-glas-

18. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

OK, sounds good to me :)

Remember glas, always heed to your own advice (cough, signature, cough) ;)

Actually, see this one through, just this once!

19. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Are you kidding? How do you think we ever got to America? By inventing nothing? By sitting on our asses, not washing ourselves and soaking us in perfume?

You're really a class act, still you try to show us how your ideal (to make sure you understand the sarcasm) media privatisation is the solution for every free speech conflict. And still you - in between the lines - try to tell us the US is the only nation where people are free to speak. Wake up, you're posting on a Russian board, speaking with Europeans, and this thread hasn't been locked up yet, while I'm SURE for 100% that this thread would've been locked up if it was posted on a board with American moderators, reason? They value freedom of speech much less high than you would like to believe. Wake up, media has been privatised in Europe a looooong time ago, probably even before it was in the US.

God it's getting irritating to speak to somebody who's SO want to be right that he forgets he doesn't know SQUAT. You are trying to make us believe you actually know the European schooling system better than us? And to answer your question, EVERY history teacher I've had has personality, dunno if it's so odd to have teachers with personalities in the states, over here it's common practice. Seriously, every teacher I had has a somewhat different way of teaching than the other, but all are very distinctive and NONE just read from their book with a careless and robotic flair. To answer your other question: we don't learn tales at school over here, we study history, not some matter of legends myths or whatevers, those are preserved for Latin, English, French, German or Dutch classes.

I really don't know what age you're exactly living in, but the teaching methods you describe are something from before last half-a-century. Teachers don't punish students, we've got grade systems to punish students, if you so insist on calling it punishments. Also, it aren't the teachers who decide what's significant information worth teaching, it's the government, they leave the freedom of choice about additional subjects to the teachers, I'm not sure if private schooling complies to the government standards either.

Again you pretend to know what's like to go to school in Europe, you've been getting too many fairy-tales from your teachers or neighbors or whatever, because I really can't fathom where you get this crap. What you're saying is utter nonsense, and YET you believe it, I guess because you so desperately want to.
    America's educational system? Funny you should mention, please, go look up the figures, there's been studies about the schooling system, and guess what, America didn't rank all as high as you want to make us believe. And now that I've read somebody who claims to be a fully schooled American, I have no difficulty understand how it could be so much lower than expected. Again you're posting opinions, trying to counter facts with opinions.

So, you tried to throw us second-rate Europeans off guard with that phrase? Sorry to say, your attempt failed, sadly. You're playing the person, not the ball, but I guess I've done the same. Your extraordinary enlightment, well, that might be what you say, if you are extraordinarily enlighted, I'm sorry to say, but America's got a long way to go then. So you think you are rightfully proving us wrong? You really are blinded by the exchange of words aren't you, getting all personal I see.

So, you're trying to say our English is crap? Ok then, lets switch the conversation to French, or German, a language which most of the Europeans can understand and speak. Now honestly, point out to me where my English goes wrong, and maybe you'll catch a bone.

Funny little intermezzo. So you judge your own claimings and behavior as being mature? You think you are reasonable? And as for the rest: so if people who DON'T know what they're talking about could easily correct your false statements and claimings, well then I guess you're really at a severe loss in the intellectual department.

Europeans jumpstarted American science, and America as a whole in fact.

You've already said plenty to prove yourself a fool, it's wiser to shut up before things get worse.

<Z>

20. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well, I'm going to start using the ignore function again I'm afraid. He's getting more and more riduculous with every post. I've seen where this is going long before, there is no end :) I just hope he's only being so shortsighted and unreasonable in this thread.

<Z>