II International AFVS meeting in Europe (IMPORTANT)

Discussion in 'Squadrons' started by achtun, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well, as I mentioned:

I'll have exams by then, and since I kind of royally fucked up the exams of my first semester (didn't do much) I'll have to compensate. Sadly enough this means little spare time. So all in all, I think I can join you guys for a day, maybe two, but then again, Amsterdam ain't the farthest of destinations I can try to reach from Antwerp (in other words, travelling time won't be short, but it will be doable). I could of course do it like I did last time (Sebbo's wedding) :p But last time was a rather short get-together...

Also, I must emphasise, that because my grades of the first semester are likely to be horrible my parents could still forbid me (they are the bank you know ;)). But I'll manage to get a day or two off I guess. As I mentioned: Apoc would be coming along in that case, but I don't think that would form such a problem as he's also an FH pilot :) (even {JG13} )

<Z>

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

hey all!
    i wont be able to go, so prepare those cameras! :p

you people dont happen to still use that old flooding email list at topica, right?
    (sry sry, get back on subject you bastards!)

3. Zembla JG13

Lol, topica, those good old memories.

<Z>

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

i posted on topica, noone got it?

5. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

actually i was deleted from topica by mistake, can u add me again in gro? this is the mail:

xavicol@gmail.com

BTW if anyone wants a gmail acount with 1 Giga and a INCREDIBLE usability pls tellme, i have something like 40 invitations left to do

6. Zembla JG13

40? I only got 6 left :p

So the dates are ~24 -> ~30 (note the ~ sign ;))

Yeah, that should be doable, when it comes closer I'll let you know. For me it's a pretty short, inexpensive trip, so I'll just go with what the geographically more difficult positioned members will say...

<Z>

7. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

let's wait till others decide!

8. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

:/ i will not be able to come to meet u guys, i wanted to go with my girl friend and visit the country, but she's bz until May. ending of May would be a better date.

have a good fun,

hm, an idea, why not meet one time at an air show? like Duxord or ferté Alais(bigger flying collection of France near Paris)

9. Zembla JG13

Update from my side:

My parents would of course like me to study, I can convince them of the use of a break during the friggin' studying though. Now, that's just problem a, problem b is that Apocalypse will be going skiing then, so he can't come. Now with problem b, I'll have to introduce problem c: if I go to Holland, I'd probably have to go with a friend. Reasons? 1) Holland 's a close hop, but it ain't that close a hop to take on my own (main reason : don't feel like sitting on a train for 3 hours on my own or with my MP3-man). 2) It's always more fun to visit something with a friend. 3) Never been to A'dam, he has, he's lived near A'dam for 4 (or was it 5?) years. 4) He knows FH, he's a social kind of guy, don't know anybody that doesn't like him. My bet would be he'd fit in. 6) Most people here haven't met in real life yet anyway, just consider him a second Zembla (only more social ;), with less downsides and more plusses :p)

But of course, this is your call... but I guess many people are bringing along G/f's, I guess I can travel with a friend as well then.

<Z>

10. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

sure ZEM! of course you can bring him, if you know him and lke him is reasson enought to come and spenda great time! He'll have fun hehehe just notice him about the crazy bunch of madheads that he's gonna meet :D

this time there's gonna be 4 people new (your friend, grobar and fla and daniella) but all the others already met (u, bas, izzi, paul, mal and me) so it's gonna be much better than the other time (tho i think there's not going to be a snowballs fight in atwerp :( remember the stoned snow-man over that car? :D:D:D:D:D)

Well, from minute 1 it's gonna be like and old friends meeting

and i hope u spend a couple of days there and we can know you well! Las time got short (oh, BTW to all presents: speak slower this time!!! u talk english too good!)

and paul, is there league that weekend? Barcelona is not playing that weekend, i think there must be national teams games for 2006 world cup, if that is, we can see a good game drinking a beer (i'll check it) well, the games are on wensday 30th, so maybe that weeking are friendly games... let's see (we allways have the top less to spend the free time)

BTW paul and mal, we must go and find that coffee shop in rotterdam where we saw that girl int the bar.... making that incredible..... damn, i never saw a so well done.....

:D

11. Zembla JG13

Yeah, note though: I like him, but not in the way some men tend to like other men ;) He's just a friend :D

Erm, yeah, too bad about the snow... how can we compensate for the lack of snow? :D

Yeah, I hope it will be like an old friend's meeting :)

Should be fun indeed, but I think I'll be able to stay a ± day and a ± night.

BTW, nothing's certain yet.

<Z>

12. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

hey, zem, relax - we are all going to have some fun, its not some closed soc of pot-smoking bastards. wait, or is it? :)

where are glas and mal? why arent they posting?

ach, mind that on 23rd i still have to be in scotland

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, Ive been away down South on business this whole week. Its 11:05pm and I only just got back home :/

So much to talk about....

Gro, your plan sounds great, you could come through to mine until the Friday or so, then we can head over. Plane or ferry+car is easy for me, probably best to go with the cheapest option. Having the car would be handy though.

I'll start checking out prices and stuff this weekend.

14. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

cool glas, as soon as u confirm with gro the dates, i'll search an hotel for mal u and me

15. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

mal posted in the topic at international forum saying his wife didnt authorize him :(

16. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I suggest me coming a bit ealier to Scotland to have with you the weekend before the conference. And leaving for Amsterdam immediately after - that is thursday. What do you think about that?

If Mal could come and we are with the car - we could pick him up too.
    Otherwise - I cant drive so beside expensive it would be quite tiring for you - its probably 1 day with a car.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Driving would be no problem, but we would have an overnight journey on the ferry, either from Newcastle/Amsterdam or Hull/Rotterdam.

I had a look for ferry prices but they are helluva dear. £346 for 2 travelling from Newcastle, or £186 from Hull. I'll keep looking around, and check flight prices as well.

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

The cheapest way I found to do it would be to drive down to Liverpool on the Wednesday afternoon to catch the flight there in the evening, then return to Liverpool on the Sunday. This works out at £70 each. It would mean having to leave Edinburgh around 2pm on the Wed afternoon. Would you be able to do this Gro?

19. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

so the dates are OK for everyone???

i'd like to book the tickets today

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

YES ACH! THE DATES ARE GREAT!!! :) :) :)

Glas:
    yes, i checked - i will be free after noon in wednesday. Is the flight with easyjet you are thinking about? 18£ from 19:20 Livpul, 18£ back in next wednesday (30.III) 9:00, total 46£? Looks excellent to me! Shall I book the tickets, or you prefer to do it?