Lets Be Real......

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, May 30, 2004.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Way tooooo much experienced :D Oops, i quoted you, someone can read what you said.... i'll erase it, before i tell someone to STFU. Damn, made it again, i think i'll retire for some time... gonna play some billiards :)

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

JUAS

P.S: Damn quotes :D :D

3. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Broz, once again you are wrong. I have many a time caught you in a Sh!it-fire or other overmodeled wonder. My list - Spit, Yak3 "especially yak3" and and the Typhoon and Hurrs- I long for the day when the FH actually models some turning capability into the 190, because anyone that knows the plane notices that it performed much better than a brick with loft.

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Spitfire overmodelled? C'mon, don't make me laugh... The only overmodelled aircraft here is Yak-3 and even so it's way worse than the golds think. It can't do miracles, it can't fight at over 3500m, it can't DF ki61's or 109F's... It isn't a "swiss army knife" for reds. It's a low alt fighter with excelent weight/power ratio (hence the acceleration) and thanks to low weight- superb in E managment.
    The only thing that makes this plane so superior is gold mentality... as soon as 109G14 comes out- almost all golds fly it (and the rest flies 190's) very few fly ki61b's and 109G2 which can succesfully engage in fight with yak on all altitudes... or some think they may engage in DF with yak in ki84 :turret:

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

How wrong you are -frog-, but I wouldnt even mind any of the red overmodleling if even just for one FH version the host modeled some turning ability into the FW190. Ive heard arguments from all sides, but Ive read reviews and reviews and even flown in an unarmed version and I cant believe that the floating brick modeling of this plane has gone unchaged in this game.

6. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

the years go by, but the ьber-reds vs. overmodelled golds duel goes on! :D

7. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! :p overmodeled golds!? Thats rich. The only plane of ours I can see as even close to overmodeled is maybe the KI43, but if thats true, the I15 is going down with it.

8. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

May you tell us anything about that experience? What was the plane? What was the handling of it in the air?

9. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be a exact copy of the Fw190 made by a professional aero desighner in California, U.S.A. a friend of mine bought one, and he knowing my love of prop planes, especially german WWII styles, He offered to take me up. It was unbelievably tight because there were 2 people crammed into 1 fighter sized cockpit! 1 seat in front, the pilot, and me in a small seat behind and slightly higher than his.

He mentioned that the engine was about 300HP or more less potent to save fuel, but was still of a simular desighn. It had nothing to even simulate arment but who cares. As uncomfortable as the ride was, the plane was FAST! It also could put out a good flat turn and a few manoovers.

Yes, becuase of no arment, the slightly less powerfull engine, and the cockpit extened to ad a small space for a passenger, It wasnt an EXACT copy, but the same desighn and balance was used. And if something less powerfull, weighing more "im not exactly light" it handled like a dream.

And thats why I ask that the FH considers modeling it to handle to near typhoon or Hurricane performance as from everything Ive read about it, points to the 190 to be a far superior aircraft above 10k feet.

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

So maybe we switch off Fw190's WEP ability above 1000meters (which would be correct AFIK, cause such was Fw's engine operation) and give it a slightly better manouvrebility? Anad comparing Hurricanes and Typhoons handling in FH does only show us how well do you know Red planes here :D ROTFL... fly some instead of bitchin :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Hurri v Typh handling = night v day :rolleyes:

I said before Allsop, fly red before talking about uber planes. Otherwise, your arguments have no basis since you have no experience.

-glas-

12. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

LMAO :@drunk: yes lets make 190 turn like a typhon pls lets do that. ive flown both and 190 turn a hell of alot better then typhon. in every aspect 190 is a better plane.
    190 is no turn fighter but u can turn fight if u use its great speed and exeleartion to extend some before turning back.
    learn to fly the plane, dont try to make all planes ki because its only plane u do well in allsop

13. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

I have asked before and i will ask again ALLSOP are you playing the same game as the rest of us? The only planes i can get a streak in is the gold planes so go fly the red plane before you start telling us how overmodelled the red planes are after all you have only been here for 3 months ...

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

hehe :)
    as always - 'he killed me, he flies overmodelled plane!'
    just switch the side for a tod boys ;)

15. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I have one nick name where I fly red once on a blue moon when the roster looks something like reds 5-10 golds 30-50. I fly just about everything just to stay fresh with the planes themselfs.

Ki's arnt the only plane I do good in because anyone that actaully knows me will tell you, an extended turn fight will always come out with me being dead as I have a hard time conserving E in a jap plane.

The point of comparing the FW190 to a Hurr or typhoon is that they are both fast and bulky fighters, with a 4x20mm as their primary loadout. And when I see a typhoon or hurri' ripping it up in the turns it makes me angry that if I so much as bank my butcher bird to much it will go into a full spin. Very controllable, but annoying!

If people acutally studied the planes from REAL tests, even in the day, it points to the german aircraft being far superior, especially at high alt.

P.S. - You wanna trash me, how bout some of you learn to fight 1on1 or atleast dont vulch a fighter with 100 fuel on take off, eh? Pacha?

16. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

oh man..

17. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

hurri fast ? and typhon turning?!? lmao u just do NOT know red planes so dont talk like u do. most common coplaint for typh "she dont turn", for hurri "to damn slow" end result 1/2 players make is those palnes "usless wha...."

grouping two so oppesit planes because they only red 4*20mm planes is just STUPID!

18. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Sigh, you kids are lame.....Dont ever expect to win a fight in my forum.

Ive seen many times Hurri and Typhoon speed run away or keep good distance away from gold planes excluding higher or same alt FW190 or 109k "and of course the 262." And Ive personally watched from above Hurrs and Typhoons getting into a good turn battle and winning! Maybe not Ki43 style or I15 quality turns, but enough to get in tight with 109's or any other non jap plane.

Dont pretend to pretend that I pretend to know about Pretending, deal chickos?

19. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

This is the second time you have shot your own argument down in this thread.

How often in WBFH do you see high alt fights? Nearly all fights I have seen in the time I have been here are below 6000ft (2km). The only times I have seen fights above this are when fighters are hunting buffs, and you can hardly call that a fight.

You can't argue that this plane is modelled better than that plane unless they are being used at their optimum altitude.

I believe this is the main cause of uber plane arguments..... In WB, planes that never did battle are coming up against each other, and then the person who gets killed says "This is BS, this plane was never this bad IRL. It had a 10000000000000 ( :rolleyes: ) to 1 kill ratio during WW2, but here I get killed. That plane that just killed me must be a uber-plane."

Just my 2c worth, Oz

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  20. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Ozmale, I think I just saved your life, by pointing out how ignorant you are.
    I never fight a german plane at less than 10k feet unless it is a pure boom and zoom.
    And never fight a jap plane over 10k feet.

As a second thought, where on gods green earth are you flying? Maybe you die so often because you never look up? If you ever cared to, youd see there is much fighting going on at 10k+ feet.

I just truely dont know how you could say most fighting goes on below 6k feet! Maybe because reds like to get p39's, Spits, Yaks, over a feild and Vulch like a .....well......vulture? Alright, I rest your case.