Lets Be Real......

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, May 30, 2004.

1. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

2. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Oh maaaaan..... This thread is sooooo cool!!!!!! A good old fashioned flamefest!!! I love it!!!!

Hey Glas, are you gonna make it to Rotterdam July 9th? Xavi won't be there I'm afraid :( :( :(

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I know mate, he emailed me yesterday.

Im trying my damndest to make it, but I still dont know for sure yet. My last hope lies with my bank manager. It's sunny today, I just hope she is in a good mood...

I'll let you know for sure by later this week/early next week.

-glas-

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

thx for reply manonce, but I don't see You on that list either... and spaceb isn't on too- so why have You published it (nicae asked about "A GAME")?

@everyone
    When it's irritating for You- I can edit this post, after all I feel ashamed for what i have written there, but I'm against editing abusive posts in generall... It is like not taking one's guilt into account and trying to deny own stupidity (which sometimes strikes almost everyone with awesome strenght :( ).
    So should I or shouldn't I?

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I wouldnt ask you to edit it, i'd just say you were wrong in what you said. Not everyone can afford a decent connection and, afaik, that was one of the main reasons for setting up Wb in the first place.

Warpers are annoying, but they have as much right to play as the rest of us, as long as their warping isnt induced.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

-glas-

6. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

since you were preaching about water and was drinking wine...

7. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Nah, I wouldn't ask you to edit it, Frog. We all KNOW you're an annoying little fucktard and posts like these just show it :D :D :D

:) j/k mate, you're really fucking cool when you get mad! Wouldnt want to miss your ramblings for the world!!!!!! Restecp! :D

8. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Thax for opinions!

Now I won't edit it for sure :D

@sebbo
    Geez, I got examines right now... just need a place to let some steam off... can't afford to get really drunk and than stink like a hangovered pig b4 the commision next day...

English Literature till XVIIth century- passed
    Methodics- passed
    Practical Exam in Use of English Language - passed
    History of Britain- results pending
    History of U.S.A.- tommorow :D

pls stay tuned... more shit is gonna hit you as I got the lest exam in Theory on monday (to be honest I just hope I won't fuck up as I did previous weak with that post and pass the remaining exams w/o bitchin around and in Forum).

On monday/tuesday evening (depending on when I get the results of last exam) I gonna hit a pub, break my record of beers during one-nigt-session again (already set at an astronomical level), feel sick the whole next day and finally forget bout that damn stress (It has worked with every single exam-session I had, so it will work this time)... till then I should really hear Perdomo's advice and STFU for awhile.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Frog, I have a 2MB Cable connection to FH (avg ping 76) and I still experience times when I get a yellow beacon.

A good connection dosn't always mean you won't experience warp created by your own PC.

Mal

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Almost the same parameters here (2Mbit, avg. ping 60-90ms [best ever-56ms]).
    Good PC too and all progz (including printer software) disabled during WB sessions...
    and I see tens of players which such connect too (better or worse, but still acceptable)... and then suddenly, during a fieldcap a warpwonder appears out of blue sky, shoots your ju/li2 down (or pk's you with a 10x20 burst from d10) and starts turning in circles which are more than edgy (especially visible when he gets a leak)... straight 180 degree turns with full speed etc... you and the rest of countrymates do your best and bring the warper down... and after all, asked on ch.100 the man laughs you out/ignores completely(not a single word of a response)/squelches you... 15minutes later, next sortie, next capture attempt and the same warping con on your way...
    Don't try to convince me, that you haven't got such experiences... almost everyone here has... but not the notorious warpers... for them it's normal gameplay, when you have pingtest of 800-2000 and try arcade-like snapshots from d6 and further...

11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

To correct myself earlier, and to highlight the point I made, FH was brought about because of players in Russia having bad connections that were unplayable on iEN servers. Sorta.

You cant force someone who doesnt earn a great deal to get a great connection. And it's unfair to say to them they cant play a game, that they have freely done for 5 years, anymore.

Your concerns about warpers/unreal shots doesnt work. Both these things, to someone with a good connection, go hand in hand. I dont believe that just because you warp, you 'cheat' (your inference?).

I will agree to disagree with you on this point :)

-glas-

12. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I will agree to agree with You, that warping does not automatically mean cheating. Warper is facing the same sort of troubles that a player with normal connect is confronted with, when fighting with a warping plane... it is just that the player with normal connection does know how this game looks like when both opponents have decent connect... the notorious warper plays an arcade, while I'm trying to play a flightsim. The main problem with me is that I don't want to play an arcade, but I'm forced to do so by those who have bad connect.

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sorry maybe I wasnt clear :)

What I meant was that cos you have good connect, when you see someone warping they also look like they are firing unreal shots. However, chances are they arent. Perhaps on their FE they are D2 to you, while because of his bad connect, on your FE he is D6. So therefore as far as he is concerned, his shots are legitimate close-up pings on your plane. But thats not how you see it on your computer...

-glas-

14. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

That list isnt correct, some ppl who donated are not in it.

15. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member